Yohan Cabaye

termninja

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes suffered a lot this year for several reasons. 1) His proposed transfer to Spurs didn't happen as Newcastle wanted a lot of money for him 2) He has suffered from a lot of injuries this year 3) Newcastle haven't been this good this season and finally 4) he admitted to suffering from depression earlier in the season.

He'd be a very good buy at anything under 15 million if he could pick up his form. Surely with the likes of Hazard, Mata, Oscar and potentially Cavani making runs he'd provide ammunition for them. No doubt

He is best friends with Mathieu Debuchy whom Newcastle purchased in January. I highly doubt he will be leaving Newcastle. Sissiko is a much better player and option.

Well, he's also good friends with Hazard and Ba which could make Chelsea an attractive option for him if we were to show interest in him. Debuchy has been rumored to be on Monaco's radar so if he left Newcastle after only six months, then I'm fairly certain Cabaye would at least think about leaving too.

Cabaye's a good player and proven in the Premier League, though he may be a bit prone to injuries. For under 15m it could be worth a shot.

This is a 'Football Manager' kinda signing. I can't see how Cabaye would bring anything to our squad that would benefit us in a great way. People getting carried away wanting to sign every player in the world of football.

This is a 'Football Manager' kinda signing. I can't see how Cabaye would bring anything to our squad that would benefit us in a great way. People getting carried away wanting to sign every player in the world of football.

I disagree. Currently he'd certainly be a starter in our midfield if he regained the form he showed last season. A relatively cheap player who's already proven in the PL and would probably adapt quickly thanks to his old buddies who are already at the club so what's not to like? Only question mark is if he could stay fit enough to regain that good form but every signing has it's own risks. Of course if the club are planning to spend big on another playmaker type of midfielder then there's really no point spending over 10 million on a player like Cabaye but if other areas (CF, winger?, DM) already take a big chunk out of the transfer budget or other targets simply aren't available then the club could be looking for a bargain signing to fill out the need for a playmaker. Kind of like the signing of Meireles, who in my opinon did a great job at the club and shouldn't have been sold so hastily.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

He had such an amazing debut season at Newcastle. He really was their most important player, in terms of midfield offence and defence. He performed the midfield playmaking and the tough and tumble grit work; much like another Chelsea target, Xabi Alonso. However he has a very awful season and this reflects on Newcastle's position on the table. Injuries and struggles with mental health have really taken their toll on Cabaye, however if he rise above his setbacks and regains the form of his debut season, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He'd probably be best off to a move back to France...

I disagree. Currently he'd certainly be a starter in our midfield if he regained the form he showed last season. A relatively cheap player who's already proven in the PL and would probably adapt quickly thanks to his old buddies who are already at the club so what's not to like? Only question mark is if he could stay fit enough to regain that good form but every signing has it's own risks. Of course if the club are planning to spend big on another playmaker type of midfielder then there's really no point spending over 10 million on a player like Cabaye but if other areas (CF, winger?, DM) already take a big chunk out of the transfer budget or other targets simply aren't available then the club could be looking for a bargain signing to fill out the need for a playmaker. Kind of like the signing of Meireles, who in my opinon did a great job at the club and shouldn't have been sold so hastily.

Yea, I agree with the Meireles part for sure. He did a very good job when needed and I felt selling him was kind of premature. Caybaye's debut season was top notch. He had a blinder but despite injuries, even if Cabaye was to rediscover the same kind of form that made him one of the best CM's in the Prem last season I just can't see him becoming that consistent, playmaking genius we need in our deep lying midfield.

You make a very good point about the price of Cabaye and if money really does become an issue after signing a top winger/CF then maybe we will have to look at the players in Cabaye's price range. Though I would rather push for developing Romeu and Chalobah troughout the season and bring in somebody like De Rossi who could defend the gates and allow Luiz to express his flair in mid.

Cabaye allowed Hazard to work his magic at Lille. If he can be had cheap he's an excellent option for Chelsea as he's workhouse who can link up the back to the attacking mids. He would greatly help Chelsea and even more specific Hazard create more breaks.

• 2 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You