Yohan Cabaye

termninja

well if they could promote one of their Barcelona B players then I really don't understand why they want Romeu back as it would cost them 9.5m.

They don't. There are absolutely no reliable reports saying they want him back. If the do bring him back it would be as a back up CB rather than in the midfield.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand why we are not going for Cabaye when we desperately a deep lying playmaker in that double pivot role. Quality player and one that won't cost a lot. Instead, we want to waste time by seemingly going for Modric again. :doh:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The perfect buy this summer, he is playing in a team battling against relegation so he would be jizzing himself if we came knocking on the door for him!

Good friends with Hazard too.

• 3 weeks later...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1448289/cabaye-hints-premier-league-move?cc=4716

Yohan Cabaye has doused speculation he could return to France with Paris Saint-Germain though stopped short of committing himself fully to Newcastle United.

Cabaye, 27, has been linked to the newly-installed French champions after proving a rare success in an otherwise disappointing campaign for Newcastle. However, the French international, who signed a five-year deal when he swapped Lille for the north-east of England in summer 2011, told RMC he hoped to continue his career in the Premier League, though not necessarily as part of Alan Pardew's squad.

"For the moment, yes," he replied when asked if he counted on remaining at St. James's Park. "There's one game left, we're going to try and finish well before the holidays. With regards a transfer, I have agents who take care of that aspect of things."

He added: "[PSG] are a big club with a great project. But I've been playing in the Premier League for the last two years. I feel good here. I would be happy to continue in England."

If we are to improve our pivot play, surely we should be looking to raid Newcastle for him.

Is he that suited to the double pivot/defensive midfield? would prefer Khedira, Alonso or trying to bring back Matic. Good player though, would improve our squad, but I can't see Newcastle letting him go for a reasonable price, especially after we got Ba on the cheap.

That's because Cabaye is a midfield playmaker and it is one of the areas we need to improve/bolster in the squad.

Yes I understood it, but I don't believe he would be a key - figure, even though I like him. I prefer using KDB or Oscar there, but I guess it will never happen.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You