Yohan Cabaye

termninja

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing is he will perfectly fit into to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation........and by seeing his game i can say tht his defensive ability is also good.........bring him to stamford bridge..........

^ Real Madrid. Oh, we're not playing word association, sorry!

I wish we'd look at our own targets. OR is our transfer policy to wait until a club signs a player for a nominal fee, watch them excel then offer six times what they paid and then to see the player flop? Why can't we bring in our own talent for once.

Barcelona.

True, but we don't play in La Liga. I think having slighty larger, more phyiscal players is useful in our league. Obviously, I'm not saying that I would discount Cabaye because he's not 6ft tall. I'm just lamenting that he isn't taller.

True, but we don't play in La Liga. I think having slighty larger, more phyiscal players is useful in our league. Obviously, I'm not saying that I would discount Cabaye because he's not 6ft tall. I'm just lamenting that he isn't taller.

yeah i know what you mean but he would play directly along mikel in the 2 midfield roles, i persoanlly he would be great for us

^ Real Madrid. Oh, we're not playing word association, sorry!

I wish we'd look at our own targets. OR is our transfer policy to wait until a club signs a player for a nominal fee, watch them excel then offer six times what they paid and then to see the player flop? Why can't we bring in our own talent for once.

What about Marin, Hazard, Ivanovic, Courtois, De Bruyne, Romeu and Mikel? Unless of course you are referring to 'youth'.

What about Marin, Hazard, Ivanovic, Courtois, De Bruyne, Romeu and Mikel? Unless of course you are referring to 'youth'.

Hazard was on every top club's wishlist...and wasn't Mikel supposed to sign for Manchester United before he ended up joining Chelsea...hence why we had to pay £12 million to United and £4 million to Lyn Oslo.

Out of topic, with all the talking about a deep lying midfielder why dont we pouch alex song from the gooners. He is more better than cabaye, fellani and maybe modric too!?!

I disregarded your grammatical mistakes in attempt to take your post seriously. I couldn't manage it. Alex Song is talented, yes, but he's very much in the Mikel-mould. Cabaye, Fellaini and Modric are all completely different players to one another, never mind Song.

Song is a deep-lying defensive midfielder that offers protection to the back four. The player designated this role for us is Mikel. Calm in possession - as Song is - but not exactly creative. We don't need two players that will happily sit in front of the back four and "hold the line". One of the pairing needs to be able to maneouvre themselves into spaces to receive the ball willingly, and also attack on the odd occasion. Modric wouldn't be fit for the role partnering Mikel as he's too attack-minded. Cabaye, however, is tactically aware and is very good at both ends of the pitch. Fellaini's good at what he does but I'm excluding him from this debate as I wouldn't consider his acquisition for one second.

If we're looking for a player to replace Lampard, Cabaye would be a good fit. Whatever team he's played in during his senior career, he's proved pivotal. He was the midfield maestro for Lille for many seasons before moving to England. He's shown his class on a larger stage last season as he was a key player for all of Newcastle's success (by their standards), and has once again risen to the occasion whilst playing for France at the Euro's, proving to be one of, if not France's best playing during the competition.

Newcastle scouted Cissé, Ba, Cabaye and Tiote. Impressive. Perhaps we should sign their scout lol.

even with a good scouting system in place, we will go for expensive heralded players rather than cisse, cabaye , tiote. there should be a shift of policy from the board

I think we need sahin or moutinho or modric rather. I watched cabaye, not alot i have to admit, he is a talent but i think when you put mikel in the pivot you need for a deep playmaker to play next to him and i dont think cabaye is better than the three listed above. Take price out of it, we not buliding the most cost effective team, we building a team that will conquer europe and win the league.

In order of preference: Modric, Moutinho, Sahin, Cabaye

All of them are very good players and anyone of them would be welcomed. Those are our 4 best realistic options.

Well, I guess that sums up my feelings on the matter: as long as we sign one of those guys, I'll be happy. They're all great players, and the only way I'll end up being upset is if none of them get signed. I mean, would any of you guys genuinely be upset if the best we managed to do was Cabaye? (wow, it made me feel greedy typing that...)

Sahin is not on sale, please take him off.. :angry:

Is like saying you want alonso, it aint happening, get informed about the situations instead of just naming people.

But he won't have space if you get Modric.

What you going to do?

Modric - Khedira?

Modric - Alonso?

Where Sahin fits in unless you play him as a winger?

I disregarded your grammatical mistakes in attempt to take your post seriously. I couldn't manage it. Alex Song is talented, yes, but he's very much in the Mikel-mould. Cabaye, Fellaini and Modric are all completely different players to one another, never mind Song.

Song is a deep-lying defensive midfielder that offers protection to the back four. The player designated this role for us is Mikel. Calm in possession - as Song is - but not exactly creative. We don't need two players that will happily sit in front of the back four and "hold the line". One of the pairing needs to be able to maneouvre themselves into spaces to receive the ball willingly, and also attack on the odd occasion. Modric wouldn't be fit for the role partnering Mikel as he's too attack-minded. Cabaye, however, is tactically aware and is very good at both ends of the pitch. Fellaini's good at what he does but I'm excluding him from this debate as I wouldn't consider his acquisition for one second.

I'll just ignore your attempt of discrediting my opinion by being such a smart ***. Please watch him again and watch him closely (specially the bridge game)! You can see that Alex Song has been Arsenal’s best creator and was playing more of a deep-lying midfielder. Playing the most through-balls in the Premiership and having 14 assists is no joke!

For better reference you should also read the following articles.

http://www.talkingar...ive-midfielder/

http://www.eplindex....opta-stats.html

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You