Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sh0n3x

Wishlist Yohan Cabaye

Started by Sh0n3x,

148 posts in this topic

^ Real Madrid. Oh, we're not playing word association, sorry!

I wish we'd look at our own targets. OR is our transfer policy to wait until a club signs a player for a nominal fee, watch them excel then offer six times what they paid and then to see the player flop? Why can't we bring in our own talent for once.

Barcelona.

True, but we don't play in La Liga. I think having slighty larger, more phyiscal players is useful in our league. Obviously, I'm not saying that I would discount Cabaye because he's not 6ft tall. I'm just lamenting that he isn't taller.

True, but we don't play in La Liga. I think having slighty larger, more phyiscal players is useful in our league. Obviously, I'm not saying that I would discount Cabaye because he's not 6ft tall. I'm just lamenting that he isn't taller.

yeah i know what you mean but he would play directly along mikel in the 2 midfield roles, i persoanlly he would be great for us

^ Real Madrid. Oh, we're not playing word association, sorry!

I wish we'd look at our own targets. OR is our transfer policy to wait until a club signs a player for a nominal fee, watch them excel then offer six times what they paid and then to see the player flop? Why can't we bring in our own talent for once.

What about Marin, Hazard, Ivanovic, Courtois, De Bruyne, Romeu and Mikel? Unless of course you are referring to 'youth'.

KonohasOrangeFlash likes this

What about Marin, Hazard, Ivanovic, Courtois, De Bruyne, Romeu and Mikel? Unless of course you are referring to 'youth'.

Hazard was on every top club's wishlist...and wasn't Mikel supposed to sign for Manchester United before he ended up joining Chelsea...hence why we had to pay £12 million to United and £4 million to Lyn Oslo.

Out of topic, with all the talking about a deep lying midfielder why dont we pouch alex song from the gooners. He is more better than cabaye, fellani and maybe modric too!?!

I disregarded your grammatical mistakes in attempt to take your post seriously. I couldn't manage it. Alex Song is talented, yes, but he's very much in the Mikel-mould. Cabaye, Fellaini and Modric are all completely different players to one another, never mind Song.

Song is a deep-lying defensive midfielder that offers protection to the back four. The player designated this role for us is Mikel. Calm in possession - as Song is - but not exactly creative. We don't need two players that will happily sit in front of the back four and "hold the line". One of the pairing needs to be able to maneouvre themselves into spaces to receive the ball willingly, and also attack on the odd occasion. Modric wouldn't be fit for the role partnering Mikel as he's too attack-minded. Cabaye, however, is tactically aware and is very good at both ends of the pitch. Fellaini's good at what he does but I'm excluding him from this debate as I wouldn't consider his acquisition for one second.

If we're looking for a player to replace Lampard, Cabaye would be a good fit. Whatever team he's played in during his senior career, he's proved pivotal. He was the midfield maestro for Lille for many seasons before moving to England. He's shown his class on a larger stage last season as he was a key player for all of Newcastle's success (by their standards), and has once again risen to the occasion whilst playing for France at the Euro's, proving to be one of, if not France's best playing during the competition.

Newcastle scouted Cissé, Ba, Cabaye and Tiote. Impressive. Perhaps we should sign their scout lol.

even with a good scouting system in place, we will go for expensive heralded players rather than cisse, cabaye , tiote. there should be a shift of policy from the board

I think we need sahin or moutinho or modric rather. I watched cabaye, not alot i have to admit, he is a talent but i think when you put mikel in the pivot you need for a deep playmaker to play next to him and i dont think cabaye is better than the three listed above. Take price out of it, we not buliding the most cost effective team, we building a team that will conquer europe and win the league.

In order of preference: Modric, Moutinho, Sahin, Cabaye

All of them are very good players and anyone of them would be welcomed. Those are our 4 best realistic options.

Well, I guess that sums up my feelings on the matter: as long as we sign one of those guys, I'll be happy. They're all great players, and the only way I'll end up being upset is if none of them get signed. I mean, would any of you guys genuinely be upset if the best we managed to do was Cabaye? (wow, it made me feel greedy typing that...)

Sahin is not on sale, please take him off.. :angry:

Is like saying you want alonso, it aint happening, get informed about the situations instead of just naming people.

But he won't have space if you get Modric.

What you going to do?

Modric - Khedira?

Modric - Alonso?

Where Sahin fits in unless you play him as a winger?

I disregarded your grammatical mistakes in attempt to take your post seriously. I couldn't manage it. Alex Song is talented, yes, but he's very much in the Mikel-mould. Cabaye, Fellaini and Modric are all completely different players to one another, never mind Song.

Song is a deep-lying defensive midfielder that offers protection to the back four. The player designated this role for us is Mikel. Calm in possession - as Song is - but not exactly creative. We don't need two players that will happily sit in front of the back four and "hold the line". One of the pairing needs to be able to maneouvre themselves into spaces to receive the ball willingly, and also attack on the odd occasion. Modric wouldn't be fit for the role partnering Mikel as he's too attack-minded. Cabaye, however, is tactically aware and is very good at both ends of the pitch. Fellaini's good at what he does but I'm excluding him from this debate as I wouldn't consider his acquisition for one second.

I'll just ignore your attempt of discrediting my opinion by being such a smart ***. Please watch him again and watch him closely (specially the bridge game)! You can see that Alex Song has been Arsenal’s best creator and was playing more of a deep-lying midfielder. Playing the most through-balls in the Premiership and having 14 assists is no joke!

For better reference you should also read the following articles.

http://www.talkingar...ive-midfielder/

http://www.eplindex....opta-stats.html

Tricky likes this

Off topic.

I'm sorry but this really bothered me, ad hominem should have no place here. English is one of four official languages in Singapore and the others are Mandarin, Tamil and Malay. So for starters one can never know if English is royg's first language. Even though English is the de facto langauge of TC perhaps you should attempt to convey a grammatically perfect conversation with royg in Mandarin, Tamil and Malay.

It really gets my goat when people's grammar and syntax is insulted and called into question, besides it's more often than not the person who has called another's grammar into question has imperfect grammar.

Thanks for saying this
Goob and Spike like this

Off topic.

I'm sorry but this really bothered me, ad hominem should have no place here. English is one of four official languages in Singapore and the others are Mandarin, Tamil and Malay. So for starters one can never know if English is royg's first language. Even though English is the de facto langauge of TC perhaps you should attempt to convey a grammatically perfect conversation with royg in Mandarin, Tamil and Malay.

It really gets my goat when people's grammar and syntax is insulted and called into question, besides it's more often than not the person who has called another's grammar into question has imperfect grammar.

Well said. Thank you.

Spike likes this

On Topic: I, like many members here, think that Cabaye would an excellent solution in the middle of the park, but are we genuinely linked with him?

Don't think so. Have yet to see a genuine link with Cabaye. Only saw a news or two linking him with United recently.