Mats Hummels

Joe Ay

whatever the other guys from germany say I really rate him and he has some flawas but nontheless one of the finest defenders around and would pick him over Luiz and Cahill

Whereas I as you know really respect and rate your opinion I have to strongly disagree in that point as it is far too early to say. As great as they sometimes are, their success is a product of their immense collective effort as the result of which numerous bvb players have been starkly overrated. Hummels is a more than decent defender but you can't compare a guy who's played exactly 9 CL games (of which only 3 were won) and might be one of the better defenders in a mediocre league where his opponents are guys like Schahin, Schlaudraff, Harnik or other players with players who have played in the very best league with the very best offenses in the world and won a fuckin CL-title as a defender-duo. There are some aspects he might be more talented at as he is super calm (other than Luiz) and has great positional play (other than cahill) but overall as a player and as a defender he is not at that level. Neither does he possess the technical and offensive abilites of the two which are regularly reflected by spectacular goals nor the tactical flexiblity. The latter he impressively demonstrated by emerging as major culprit in bvbs loss against the dumping ground of world football, hamburger sv.

p.s. I used to play for Racing Union but I do not see my future in professional football as I could not imagine me having any long term success due to my very limited abilites. U have to picture it this way: I usually kick the ball past the defender and outsprint him when i got space and I bulldoze my defender drogba-style when i got no space. That works until the opposition coach figueres that out and advises another defender to cover (sometimes i still can als skip past the two defenders as i run the 40 yards/35m in 4.2-4.3 seconds).

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, we play extremely offensive football recently. Its impossible not to concede a few goals. Borussia sticks back and waits on counters. That is why people think Luiz is shit and Hummels good. If Luiz would play for Borrusia, where all team defends, he would be league's best CB. If Hummels played here, where only defenders and DMs defend, he could easily end up guilty for many conceded goals. Barca is another example because they keep the ball so well, however when they lose it, their defenders also make a lot of mistakes.

Only a realy experienced defender that mastered tackling with plenty of energy and great tactical awarness (like De Rossi) would strenghten our defence. Young defenders have no experience to hold our defence right now. Only perhaps Papadopoulos (who plays very mature for his age) might done some sucess. He never goes forward and sticks to his defensive duties. But in the end its just guessing, even if Papadopoulos would actualy come, its chance that Robby would be still playing Luiz and Terry ahead of the greek, meaning that we wouldnt solve anything with such signing. Personaly, buy De Rossi, who is old enough to give some experience to our side and will eventualy give space for youngsters or buy no one. Luiz and Cahill need to play together for one season at least regulary to understand each other and gain more experience. Luiz needs to be more defensive and we might have best defending pair. Keep faith in Luiz, he has plenty to show.

• 1 year later...

According to Sport: Manchester United have agreed a £16 million deal with Borussia Dortmund for centre-back Mats Hummels. The Germany international scored twice to help his nation claim their fourth World Cup in Brazil earlier this summer.

Hold your horses guys, everybody was quoting Sport.es on this story. There is no difference between Sport and Tribalfootball or Goal. Miserable journalists, a bunch of Barcelona ass lickers with sources like Tancredi Palmeri and some other bollocks websites like indiakiylla.

Klopp denied the rumour today and even said something like - "Reus and Hummels will stay for another season, you know it's garbage (the news) when the rumoured price is €20m".

• 2 months later...

Been thinking about who might replace Terry longterm and play along Cahill and then Zouma...

Is this guy best bet? Think Varane is unavailable, players like Laporte, Inigo etc are waay unexperienced and not leaders and Cahill would be a mess then.

But Hummels is quite slow (could be great problem against fast wingers in PL) and gets injured often (might be different with our staff but still). In tactical and leadership terms he is up with the best though.

Been thinking about who might replace Terry longterm and play along Cahill and then Zouma...

Is this guy best bet? Think Varane is unavailable, players like Laporte, Inigo etc are waay unexperienced and not leaders and Cahill would be a mess then.

But Hummels is quite slow (could be great problem against fast wingers in PL) and gets injured often (might be different with our staff but still). In tactical and leadership terms he is up with the best though.

Him+Cahill would be a great combination. I think we could get him, but I doubt we buy a top CB. He would fit our system though, and he's a beast in the air.

• 3 weeks later...

Hummels is a defender who relies more on positioning. He's good in the air but not very fast. I would rate him as one of the better defenders in Europe.

If we did go ahead and buy him,we'd have to pair him with a fast defender. Him + Cahill would not be a good combination.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You