Lyrics

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Depression war nie tragbar, doch steht uns so gut." - Casper

People who do understand German will know what a brilliant line this is.

Let me try and remember from high school German:

(the) Depression was not tragic, it was... so good?

^ You only have to do 5 seconds of research to understand why british musicians are superior to anything that ever came out of australia. :rolleyes:

I'm not a big fan of them personally, but The Beatles are the most influential music group in history.

Oh stop it now :(

We'll produce a Slick Rick one day... :(

Let me try and remember from high school German:

(the) Depression was not tragic, it was... so good?

Not really. The word "tragbar" has 2 meanings: wearable and bearable. And that's what makes this line brilliant imo. The correct translation should be like this:

"Depression has never been wearable/bearable, but suits us so well."

That's not measurable though, because it's subjective. British music is far superior to anything that came out of australia, because it can be deemed so without bias, i.e.. influence/impact.

Like I said, Impact/Influence does not make you 'Better' as artists. It just means that type of music is more popular than others. My favourite band is an Aussie one and I think they are the best thing I have and will ever listen to. You may not feel that, but that does not make them any better or worse than any other band. It's all too subjective. That's why saying British bands are better than anything that came out of Australia is a ridiculous statement with no actual or measurable proof.

That's not measurable though, because it's subjective. British music is far superior to anything that came out of australia, because it can be deemed so without bias, i.e.. influence/impact.

Bieber has had quite an impact on world music. HE IS SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE!!! Hell, Katy Perry has equaled Michael Jackson's record of 'most number one singles from one album'. That is quite an impact too! Katy Perry + Justin Beiber > The world. Since you like Benetiz deal in facts, you can appreciate this.

America & Britain are the musical powerhouses, as far as influence and general impact go. The Beatles were once considered bigger than Jesus ffs. The fact you posted a image of 'One Direction' as a example of your knowledge says it all really.

Bieber has had quite an impact on world music. HE IS SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE!!! Hell, Katy Perry has equaled Michael Jackson's record of 'most number one singles from one album'. That is quite an impact too! Katy Perry + Justin Beiber > The world. Since you like Benetiz deal in facts, you can appreciate this.

He's popular amongst prepubescent girls, in 50 years time no admirable mark will be left.

America & Britain are the musical powerhouses, as far as influence and general impact go. The Beatles were once considered bigger than Jesus ffs. The fact you posted a image of 'One Direction' as a example of your knowledge says it all really.

You are REALLY imature...by your idiotic logic Lady Gaga is better than Coldplay. You also seem to have dyslexia or something because you can't seem to read simple sentences. How many times do I have to say that Influence does not mean 'Better' before it sinks into your dysfunctional and childish brain? You're making yourself look like an imbecile by arguing such a subjective matter. It's like saying I have a soul. There is no proof of such a thing but it is just a subjective/personal belief people hold. Just like the belief people may have about which music is 'Better'.

I had heard you were intelligent and great at arguing/debating but it seems you're nothing but a pre-pubescent imbecile and fanboy who can't go two posts without ignoring/dismissing someone's point of view and blabbing on and on about nothing.

You are REALLY imature...by your idiotic logic Lady Gaga is better than Coldplay. You also seem to have dyslexia or something because you can't seem to read simple sentences. How many times do I have to say that Influence does not mean 'Better before it sinks into your dysfunctional and childish brain? You're making yourself look like an imbecile by arguing such a subjective matter. It's like saying I have a soul. There is no proof of such a thing but it is just a subjective/personal belief people hold. Just like the belief people may have about which music is 'Better'.

I had heard you were great at arguing/debating but it seems you're nothing but a pre-pubescent imbecile and fanboy who can't go two posts without ignoring someone's point of view and blabbing on and on about nothing.

Attack the points not the person, fortunately for me I don't have to stoop to that level of vulgarity, we've already established my superiority in previous discussions. You know someone is rattled when they start throwing juvenile/ironic insults at an anonymous person online. :rolleyes:

I will break this down for you in simple terms, because clearly the 'crux' of my point has gone over your head..

Influence/impact - Measurable, indisputable and fact based

Taste - subjective (for the most part)

The only way we can deem someone better (in this context) is to remove ‘bias’, hence why I used facts to back up my arguments since we can’t use anything subjective.

Attack the points not the person, fortunately for me I don't have to stoop to that level of vulgarity, we've already established my superiority in previous discussions. You know someone is rattled when they start throwing juvenile/ironic insults at an anonymous person online. :rolleyes:

I will break this down for you in simple terms, because clearly the 'crux' of my point has gone over your head..

Influence/impact - Measurable, indisputable and fact based

Taste - subjective (for the most part)

The only way we can deem someone better (in this context) is to remove ‘bias’, hence why I used facts to back up my arguments since we can’t use anything subjective.

Influence/Impact= Irrelevant to the quality of music.

Hopefully that can get through to you...

Aren't you passively attacking Konohas by calling yourself superior and him inferior by proxy? You are insulting Konohas with your own hubris/ego/arrogance. A tad hypocritical if you ask me, Termie.

I'm just saying. Continue your arguements, lads.

• 3 weeks later...