Eden Hazard

the wes

Skill with the ball i dont think anybody is even close to his level. His ability to take players on is a delight to watch.

It's down to the sheer pace he does it. Thing with Eden is his first instinct is to drive at players, they immediately back off and that is plays right into his hands. His speed of foot to shift the ball also plays a pivotal part in his way of playing- when the defenders does commit, he shifts it so quickly they are left for dead.

95 % passes completed (team highest), no turnovers, dispossessed only once. Pay attention or don't comment pls.

Yes maybe, just maybe he comes really close in dribbling since he actually got twice the amount of succesful dribbles than the second best player so far this season in the EPL while simultaneously keeping the amount of unsuccesful dribbles low (67% succesful).

Also had the highest amount of key passes from open play last season so I think he's pretty good at "assisting". And please define "total skills" lol.

Dribbling in our half or non-dangerous areas isn't exactly what I want as a chelsea fan despite adding to his successful dribbles statistics, that's for statisticians. However how many of those dribbles(which are many statistically) led to a cross, shot or penalty or even a through pass(even attempted) which is what i mean by total skill (skill set if you like). Di maria for example always dribbles to find space for the cross, shot or to drive at defenders. For the statistics you put out he dribbles for fun rather than effect. You seem to be digging to deep to make sense of most of his dribbles. What we expect are shots, crosses, penalties, attempted through balls, running into the box. He does do it but not enough for the kind of stats you put up.

I think Hazard is still our best player IMO (just my opinion guys so for the love of sweet god don't flame me). He now has better support in attack which has made it easier for him to have more of an effect but I completely agree that he's been the driving force behind most of our attacks.

The thing with him though is that his impact has mostly come in bursts.

Hazard is the kind of player you keep in the pitch even when he's not having a good match because out of nowhere he can create magic in a burst as you called it. He has the talent and power to do that stuff.

The only way teams have been able to stop Hazard this year has been to foul him. He's been devastating in the build up but needs to be on the end of chances and scoring them more.

This is close to what some have been trying to say including me. If he dribbles in threatening areas we will get penalties and hazard will score more because penalties are assigned to him.

This is close to what some have been trying to say including me. If he dribbles in threatening areas we will get penalties and hazard will score more because penalties are assigned to him.

He's getting much better this season. It was last season that he dribbled towards the throwing line A LOT which was annoying. But he's getting into the box more with his dribbles, watch the Swansea match. Give him time

He's getting much better this season. It was last season that he dribbled towards the throwing line A LOT which was annoying. But he's getting into the box more with his dribbles, watch the Swansea match. Give him time

I think Hazard is still our best player IMO (just my opinion guys so for the love of sweet god don't flame me). He now has better support in attack which has made it easier for him to have more of an effect but I completely agree that he's been the driving force behind most of our attacks.

The thing with him though is that his impact has mostly come in bursts.

Sorry dude he isn't our best player anymore. When mata was in great form and our best player for two seasons we won trophies. Hazard lead us to third but thanks more largely to our defense.

Some People say he is our best player but what is he really best at(dribbling?) Or may be chance creation but fabregas is our best passer of the ball and an assist master but also the new brain of our team so how is hazard better? Costa is another who for me personally is our best player because he is what you call an impact player(always there when you need him),he is a winner despite his young age and our saviour in terms of finishing. Matic is also outstanding with a curious talent of winning second balls and despossessing opponents seemlessly in addition to being proficient in building attacks or counter attacks. Please Hazard isn't our best player IMO he might be our best dribbler therefore in that sense our most skillful or exciting player but not our best player. We now have players I feel have greater impact on our team giving us great precision in attack and defensive solidity and who have more experince in big games and winning major trophies, I am afraid hazard lacks a bit for now to be the best player in our new team.

Sorry dude he isn't our best player anymore. When mata was in great form and our best player for two seasons we won trophies. Hazard lead us to third but thanks more largely to our defense.

Some People say he is our best player but what is he really best at(dribbling?) Or may be chance creation but fabregas is our best passer of the ball and an assist master but also the new brain of our team so how is hazard better? Costa is another who for me personally is our best player because he is what you call an impact player(always there when you need him),he is a winner despite his young age and our saviour in terms of finishing. Matic is also outstanding with a curious talent of winning second balls and despossessing opponents seemlessly in addition to being proficient in building attacks or counter attacks. Please Hazard isn't our best player IMO he might be our best dribbler therefore in that sense our most skillful or exciting player but not our best player. We now have players I feel have greater impact on our team giving us great precision in attack and defensive solidity and who have more experince in big games and winning major trophies, I am afraid hazard lacks a bit for now to be the best player in our new team.

Umm.no. just no. According to you Hazard is our 5th best player? FOH.

Yeah the goals and assists numbers aren't there yet but they'll come. I don't have the stats but I could tell just by watching that hes getting into a lot of scoring positions now and in turn taking more shots. Sooner or later they'll start going in and he'll score even more than last year.

Where do you guys check stats? I'd love to see the number of shots he's taken so far and compare it to last year's averages.

Still a criminally underrated player even more so by fans of other teams.

I think Hazard gets so much flack because he's a flair player who makes it look too easy, and as a result people take him for granted. The beauty of his game is in the subtle flicks, the through balls at the edge of the box send players marauding down the left flank, and sloping around defenders.

His role is to create space. At times you can see teams putting a 4 man square within close proximity to deter Eden from sneaking into the box.

Against City he was good not great, but the tactical approach by Jose virtually nullified Hazard's ability to move forward with support.

Why people continue to wish him to be Messi Ronaldo Bale etc is beyond me. He doesn't have their skill sets. He has his own that no other player has. Sadly he's not going to be recognized for his play until long after he retires when people say we need someone like Hazard to create moments of pure brilliance to free up our top scorer.

Umm.no. just no. According to you Hazard is our 5th best player? FOH.

No, he's just our fifth most important player. Without Hazard we could still cope, but with Matic/Fabregas/Costa we wouldn't be able to

No, he's just our fifth most important player. Without Hazard we could still cope, but with Matic/Fabregas/Costa we wouldn't be able to

What do you mean by cope? Two of those guys you listed just joined us this season, I don't know how we coped last few years without them then. Matic just joined us this year so I don't know how we coped without him in the first half of last season and all the way to CL semis.

I'm not saying you can't make an argument for any of those players, but to definitively state that Hazard is our fifth most important player doesn't make sense to me.