Eden Hazard

the wes

95 % passes completed (team highest), no turnovers, disposessed only once. Pay attention or don't comment pls.

There's something wrong with those stats, because he was dispossessed quite a few times. I don't blame him -- like all of our attackers, he often had little options, since we were sitting in our half -- but he certainly wasn't dispossessed only once. Sometimes stats can be incomplete.

We need a right-sided AM player that is as good or potentially as good as Hazard. There is a massive gap in quality between Hazard and the likes of Schurrle, Willian, Oscar and Salah and it is apparent in games against elite European teams;the other 4 are basically role players just there to do a job and anything they give us offensively is a bonus.

People complaining about Hazard after yesterday make me laugh. We had 40% of the ball and were camped inside our own half for most of the game and yet he still created danger with his dribbling, won free-kicks in dangerous positions and got the assist for our goal with a brilliant pass (his first pass in the build-up to the goal was outstanding too).

Another season and most of our attacking threat is carried by Hazard. Without him we'd be nowhere.

I agree that we have no reason to complain about Hazard's performance, because we played so defensively yesterday, but he's been hardly carrying most of our attacking threat this season, unlike last season. That's an exaggeration. Costa and Fabregas have been doing their share of attacking this season and without them we certainly wouldn't be topping the table now. Hazard has been as important as them, but he's not doing all the work this season.

There's something wrong with those stats, because he was dispossessed quite a few times. I don't blame him -- like all of our attackers, he often had little options, since we were sitting in our half -- but he certainly wasn't dispossessed only once. Sometimes stats can be incomplete.

Yes stats often don't mean much but there's little to no ambiguity about the ones I posted. Dispossessed in this context means "Being tackled by an opponent without attempting to dribble past them" (Whoscored). He lost the ball a few times when trying to dribble past defenders as well but not an abnormal amount of times. Point is he wasn't wasteful by any means yesterday.

I thought he had a very good game. A close second for our MOTM after Azpi. He carried our attack single-handedly for most of the match. He's miles ahead of all of our AMs in terms of end product.

I agree that we have no reason to complain about Hazard's performance, because we played so defensively yesterday, but he's been hardly carrying most of our attacking threat this season, unlike last season. That's an exaggeration. Costa and Fabregas have been doing their share of attacking this season and without them we certainly wouldn't be topping the table now. Hazard has been as important as them, but he's not doing all the work this season.

Yesterday's performance shows that in the big games that 1) Costa is going to be isolated 2) Fabregas is going to sit deep and play a disciplined role 3) Ramires will play as a defensive winger.

Meanwhile Hazard has to carry the ball, be our biggest offensive threat, run the entire length of the field with the ball to relieve pressure...oh and don't forget to cover the fullback (who gives him virtually no support when going forward) when out of possession, thanks.

Yesterday's performance shows that in the big games that 1) Costa is going to be isolated 2) Fabregas is going to sit deep and play a disciplined role 3) Ramires will play as a defensive winger.

Meanwhile Hazard has to carry the ball, be our biggest offensive threat, run the entire length of the field with the ball to relieve pressure...oh and don't forget to cover the fullback (who gives him virtually no support when going forward) when out of possession, thanks.

Hazard was pretty isolated, like most of our players, and largely ineffective because of our tactics -- we couldn't commit players to support him in attack. That's why our strategy in big games needs to change, IMO.

Hazard was pretty isolated, like most of our players, and largely ineffective because of our tactics -- we couldn't commit players to support him in attack. That's why our strategy in big games needs to change, IMO.

Last season's results in big-games says we really shouldn't change. We had a unbelievable record against our rivals last season, why change?

Last season's results in big-games says we really shouldn't change. We had a unbelievable record against our rivals last season, why change?

There's always room for improvement, IMO. I already expressed by opinion on that in Jose's thread.

Seems like Kompany knows that Hazard hates defenders rushing on him; everytimes Kompany plays with Hazard, he is very aggressive and tough-tackling, instead of being in "anticipation". I really feel that it was kinda the key to stop Chelsea; just constantly make a foul on Hazard to stop the flow of Chelsea attacks by rushing toward him like a rugby player. The difference being that this season, creativity can pass through Fabregas.

The comment about Cesc and Costa carrying our attack is interesting - couldn't 'disagree more with it. Sure they've been key players for us but it's hazard that has actually been the catalyst in the majority of our attacks. It was his dribble that opened up the space for our equalizing goal against Burnley; against Leicester we struggled in the opening mins when hazard was largely anonymous but once he grew into the game we immediately became more threatening, exactly the same thing happened against Swansea, and against Schalke and City it was Hazard that created both goals. Cesc and Costa have gotten the headlines but this kid has been a massive influence in our attacks.

Read carefully. I didn't say Costa and Cesc were carrying our attack. I said Hazard wasn't the only one carrying our attack. He played an important part in most of our attacks, but so did Costa and Cesc, and without Costa and Cesc we wouldn't be where we are, and it's wrong to say Hazard is still doing all the offensive work this season, which is clearly not the case. The trio of Cesc-Hazard-Costa were essential to us this season, all three of them, in different ways.

I think Jose needs to be more creative in the ways we use him. Look at the amount of roles Klopp deploys Reus in or Rodgers with Sterling at Liverpool. At Lille under Garcia, he played a variety of roles that kept defenses and managers guessing, limited the amount of defensive duties he was given and gave him as much space as possible to maximize his gifts.

Unless you have a Bale, Robben, Neymar etc on the other side of the pitch you don't want your best player tracking back to the byline so much. I mean we still don't even play an attacking fullback to offer him as much options as possible. It's still, give Hazard the ball and lets see what he can conjure up.