Eden Hazard

the wes

He is implying Bale is overrated.

How exactly does scoring 2 goals against deportivo prove he's not overrated ?

Your actually proving the point that was made by "DYC" about Bale. That people only focus on goals and not the actual performance.

How exactly does scoring 2 goals against deportivo prove he's not overrated ?

Your actually proving the point that was made by "DYC" about Bale. That people only focus on goals and not the actual performance.

Goals are always enough to replace performances. For example it doesn't matter if he scores 2 goals a match and be a passage for 60 mins. I want that from Hazard too even if it means he scarifies a bit of constantly making amazing runs only to have the move ended up wasted due to different reasons.

For example I won't care if he doesn't bother to track back at all against West Ham if it means him scoring 2 goals. The other can do that instead.

Bale is overrated? :blink:

Hazard is a great player and has the potential to be the best in the world but our fans do overrate him massively. We act like he is the best in the world and he clearly isnt. A player like Hazard will only be judged on goals/assists and to be fair he is nowhere near the best in the game yet. I know he will be but not yet. Im happy we got such a quality player but lets not say others that are better than Hazard are overrated just to pretend Hazard is better than them.

Bale is overrated? :blink:

Hazard is a great player and has the potential to be the best in the world but our fans do overrate him massively. We act like he is the best in the world and he clearly isnt. A player like Hazard will only be judged on goals/assists and to be fair he is nowhere near the best in the game yet. I know he will be but not yet. Im happy we got such a quality player but lets not say others that are better than Hazard are overrated just to pretend Hazard is better than them.

Only people blinded by bias say he's the best. I've not seen anyone call him the best, or even a top 10 player in the world.

He's still better than Bale.

At the moment saying Hazard is better than Bale is nothing more than personal opinions, no substance to back it up. He didn't win PFA player of the year and Football Writer like Bale, he didn't sore 30 goals per year like Bale yet, PSG aren't willing to pay world record money for him while Madrid did for Bale.

It is like saying Messi is better than CR7 ATM, yes he might be but CR7 is holding that golden ball right now and will likely retain it in 4 months time, so all opinions are pretty much invalid with no substance to back it up. You can say all the things you want but the truth is the very best ALWAYS, I MEAN ALWAYS have good stats to back them up.

I don't get why some of you are getting upset in accepting this fact? Maybe Hazard can use Bale as someone to aspire to and try to improve certain aspects of his game to match Bale, it gives him competition. You already want him to be seen as the best so in the future you will be happy with his decent contribution to the team and not wanting him to step up to that top top level? In a couple of years maybe Bale vs Hazard will be the Messi vs CR7 atm,you can have all the opinions you want but the better WILL ALWAYS have better stats and winning more award for his side. For example from 2009-2013 Messi was better than CR7, CR7 fans can say whatever they want but the fact is Messi won 4 Golden balls and break all sort of records. Yeah CR7 still scored 50 goals per year but Messi done even better therefore CR7's fans opinions are invalid. It is the opposite now.

So until Hazard has banged in 30 goals for us or contributing 20, he is STILL NOT AS GOOD AS Bale yet. Saying Bale is overrated is laughable as he is currently considered a top 5 winger in the world. You want definition of overrated? Try someone like James Rodgriguez for 60-70m.

At the moment saying Hazard is better than Bale is nothing more than personal opinions, no substance to back it up. He didn't win PFA player of the year and Football Writer like Bale, he didn't sore 30 goals per year like Bale yet, PSG aren't willing to pay world record money for him while Madrid did for Bale.

It is like saying Messi is better than CR7 ATM, yes he might be but CR7 is holding that golden ball right now and will likely retain it in 4 months time, so all opinions are pretty much invalid with no substance to back it up. You can say all the things you want but the truth is the very best ALWAYS, I MEAN ALWAYS have good stats to back them up.

I don't get why some of you are getting upset in accepting this fact? Maybe Hazard can use Bale as someone to aspire to and try to improve certain aspects of his game to match Bale, it gives him competition. You already want him to be seen as the best so in the future you will be happy with his decent contribution to the team and not wanting him to step up to that top top level? In a couple of years maybe Bale vs Hazard will be the Messi vs CR7 atm,you can have all the opinions you want but the better WILL ALWAYS have better stats and winning more award for his side. For example from 2009-2013 Messi was better than CR7, CR7 fans can say whatever they want but the fact is Messi won 4 Golden balls and break all sort of records. Yeah CR7 still scored 50 goals per year but Messi done even better therefore CR7's fans opinions are invalid. It is the opposite now.

So until Hazard has banged in 30 goals for us or contributing 20, he is STILL NOT AS GOOD AS Bale yet. Saying Bale is overrated is laughable as he is currently considered a top 5 winger in the world. You want definition of overrated? Try someone like James Rodgriguez for 60-70m.

I'm sorry but you don't understand a certain thing called football...

Stats stats stats... Zidane is the best playmaker in history & look at his 'stats'!!!

I'm sorry but you don't understand a certain thing called football...

Stats stats stats... Zidane is the best playmaker in history & look at his 'stats'!!!

Oh God it is this again :ph34r: I am gonna repeat for the last time for anyone mentioning this, wait until Hazard scores the winner in a WC/CL final then you can even compare his situation to Zidane. That applies to Xavi, Iniesta...etc all the greatest players in history that doesn't have great stats.

I am not saying Hazard is bad or anything, he is our best player. But it is delusional to think he is already better than some of the best players in the game atm. He is probably not even in top 5 wingers in the world like I said yet.

Maybe you need to stop comparing (or stop wanting him to be) Hazard to Bale. They're completely different types of players, why the hell would Hazard aspire to be like Bale when they're already pretty much on the same level? It's pathetic how you merely measure how good someone is by goals scored... Hazard isn't that sort of player.

The best always have good stats to back themselves up? So Hazard's stats aren't any good at all? What are you smoking? Are you going to tell me Bale is better than legends like Zidane because he scores way more? Get over it.

From those 4 golden balls, at least two are questionable. And given how fucked up these awards tend to be.. they're even less reliable than looking at stats alone. Stats are important but they don't tell the whole story.

Maybe you need to stop comparing Hazard to Bale. They're completely different types of players, why the hell would Hazard aspire to be like Bale when they're already pretty much on the same level? It's pathetic how you merely measure how good someone is by goals scored... Hazard isn't that sort of player.

The best always have good stats to back themselves up? So Hazard's stats aren't any good at all? What are you smoking? Are you going to tell me Bale is better than legends like Zidane because he scores way more? Get over it.

Not aspiring as a player but to learn some traits and aspects to improve his own game. For example better shooting skill similar to Bale, even you can't say Hazard really has a great shot in him or better than Bale atm.

I am not saying Hazard is not goog, he is top 10 in the world but people are already comparing someone in top 5 and says he is better based on nothing but their opinions annoyed me. Even willing to go as far as calling the arguably better players 'overrated'.

From those 4 golden balls, at least two are questionable. And given how fucked up these awards tend to be.. they're even less reliable than looking at stats alone. Stats are important but they don't tell the whole story.

No matter how fucked up it is you still have to be the best to be even in contention, Hazard hasn't even won 1 major individual award yet. Normally I agree with you but goals DO NOT LIE, you can be all the shit you want but goals always tell how good of an attacker you are. Teams don't stand still for you to just walk in and stick it in the back of the net you know...

Not aspiring as a player but to learn some traits and aspects to improve his own game. For example better shooting skill similar to Bale, even you can't say Hazard really has a great shot in him or better than Bale atm.

I am not saying Hazard is not goog, he is top 10 in the world but people are already comparing someone in top 5 and says he is better based on nothing but their opinions annoyed me. Even willing to go as far as calling the arguably better players 'overrated'.

No matter how fucked up it is you still have to be the best to be even in contention, Hazard hasn't even won 1 major individual award yet. Normally I agree with you but goals DO NOT LIE, you can be all the shit you want but goals always tell how good of an attacker you are. Teams don't stand still for you to just walk in and stick it in the back of the net you know...

There are goals and goals. You have tap ins (which don't get me wrong, they may show a good instinct and positioning from the striker, but in a scale of difficulty and skill required to perform are one of the lowest amongst every possible goal), you have goals when a player dribbles past several defenders by himself and scores, you have goals where the assist was way more phenomenal and fundamental for the goal (like that Fabregas pass to Schürrle goal)... There's a whole lot of different goals and also a whole lot of different teams with different players and different play styles. For example, it is easier to score for Chelsea in this season than in the previous one. Costa would most probably have scored less last season than in this one even if he played both with the exact same amount of skill.

In other words, the exact same player may have significantly different stats and performance based around factors which are not bound to him - teammates, tactics, league, weather, you name it. That's one of the reasons why stats can't be trusted alone - you have to look at player as a whole, looking at stats and awards is too misleading.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Cheers.

You need to get over the notion that Hazard is purely a goal scorer. He is first and foremost a creator - goals come second. Sounds like you purely use goals to measure a player and that is frankly retarded I think.

Saying Hazard doesn't have a good shot in him is pure nonsense! Bale's shot is probably better yes, more powerful.

Hazard vs. Lyon, Marseille, Stoke, Sparta, Utd, Liverpool come in mind, a handful of free kicks he scored @ Lille etc.

I think he should claim more freekicks, last year it was Luiz with his 1% ratio, the year before there was Mata (who did good), but now it looks like Fabregas is goin to take them. And Shurlle is always there as 2nd.

If you want good stats, you gotta claim all freekicks, corners, PK's. Simple as that...

oh & this... :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Efrg9OGGc