Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard needs to show that level of influence in the big games. He usually looks unplayable against the smaller teams but until he looks influential against the big teams in the big games(wednesday would be a good place to start followed by Sunday) he will be considered underachieving in my opinion.

Its not about goals and assists for me(though I do feel he deserved a goal on Saturday) its about being highly influential in the build up of our attacks for me. Attract attention and find the pass that leads to the pass. He's been phenomenal in this regard and needs to show it on the big stage.

why do people keep saying he has to prove himself in big games?

He was great in most of the big games last season in the epl.

Daily Mail is known to be shit at reporting, they said last week Falcao was on £360k before changing it a few hours later to like £150k. Quick look around the web and Hazard is reported to be on 170-180k. If it was 100k MU and City must be incredibly cheap not to pay more considering they are all ready to pay 30m for him.

Even if it isn't exactly 100k p/w I don't think it would be too far off that. I think it's safe to assume he wasn't on top dollar at Lille so his first contract at Chelsea would have been great for him personally - the most lucrative (by far) of his short career up to that point - whilst not being a mega-deal.

I really think Hazard's reported salary was distorted by butthurt Man Utd/Man City representatives. There's no way he came here from France aged 21 and was given 180k p/w or whatever was reported.

Even if it isn't exactly 100k p/w I don't think it would be too far off that. I think it's safe to assume he wasn't on top dollar at Lille so his first contract at Chelsea would have been great for him personally - the most lucrative (by far) of his short career up to that point - whilst not being a mega-deal.

I really think Hazard's reported salary was distorted by butthurt Man Utd/Man City representatives. There's no way he came here from France aged 21 and was given 180k p/w or whatever was reported.

If man u are ready to give 160p/w just to get Luke Shaw I think a great player like hazard could have easily got that kind of money

why do people keep saying he has to prove himself in big games?

He was great in most of the big games last season in the epl.

Liverpool at home and City away. Those are the only ones I remember him being great in... Also the biggest games occur in the Champions League where he hasn't been scintillating, not for me at least. A player like Hazard needs to have more influence on decisive games, he hasn't for most of the Champions league for me.

If you guys want him to play like CR or Messi,and he is possible to do exactly that but for 2/3 years,than you should accept his wage raise too.

He is our best player and our biggest potential,if he wants 250k p/w I'm fine with that.

Those who are mentioning Costa and Cesc,they're here for only 2 months,when they become fans favorites and bring us some great games like Eden did,then they can ask for raise too.

Considering he is already on 170k now, 200k+ isn't really that much of a increase considering he is slowly becoming top 10 in the world in his position and possibly best in the league now with Suarez gone.

Can't work out if you agree or disagree with me, lol! I was just responding to a few people who mentioned Rooney mugging off United for his 300k and saying how our board won't allow that to happen.

He was on 100k € p/w in Lille...

It's well established from various reputable sources that Hazard's current contract is 175,000 pounds a week. I think he is currently our highest earner. Not sure were the daily fail got 100,000 a week from.

The only reputable sources that mentioned Hazard was on 175k pounds p/w was the English media and that amout is before tax. The French and Belgian reported he was only on about 100-110k p/w.

Buying youngsters, selling them for profit

Selling players we publically no longer need for massive profit

Tieing important players to long contracts early

Operating well within FFP

Playing ridiculously good football that my jaw genuinely dropped at (4 games, i know but.. damn, upgrade on last season)

Is this real life..