Eden Hazard

the wes

My only dislike on him is lack of desire and passion. He should be more hungry of success and try to get on ball more often, however I think in Belgium team, his role is not as big as is in chelsea. In our club, he is player #1, in Belgium, the players are more equal and less dependant on Eden.

To conclude, he will need to have more influence and impact in games, he needs to show more, maybe he is still not completely ready after hard season and injury. I dunno.

If you look Neymar, Gotze,...they want to get on ball all the time, they want to take on players, be in center of play. However Hazard doesnt realy care, just waiting someone to pass to him and look waaay too much "relaxed"...

My only dislike on him is lack of desire and passion. He should be more hungry of success and try to get on ball more often, however I think in Belgium team, his role is not as big as is in chelsea. In our club, he is player #1, in Belgium, the players are more equal and less dependant on Eden.

To conclude, he will need to have more influence and impact in games, he needs to show more, maybe he is still not completely ready after hard season and injury. I dunno.

If you look Neymar, Gotze,...they want to get on ball all the time, they want to take on players, be in center of play. However Hazard doesnt realy care, just waiting someone to pass to him and look waaay too much "relaxed"...

It's cause Hazard is a G.

did u guys watch the game?

hazard was been shut out by 2-3 players marking him when he has the ball!!!

and there was no teammate to help him!

the amount of times he got tripped over by the algeria defenders was been ignored by the referees for FKs....

if we really want hazard to flourish, he needs to play centre or have a more free role

Exaclty what most of us have been saying for a while. No support = no party.

Also, he again proved how dangerous he's when staying higher on a the pitch when opponent has the ball for a possible counter... But I guess people will still want him to become a left back when opponent has possession.

Needs to be way more aggressive (0 shots yesterday). Yeah he wasn't bad but star players rightly have more expectations and responsibility placed on their shoulders. You've already seen it with Messi, Neymar, Robben, Ronaldo, Benzema, Sanchez, Pirlo etc this WC.

He'll never fulfill his potential with his current laid-back & languid Zidane-esque style of play.

Eden Hazard has always had that problem whether its for Belgium or Chelsea. He doesn't shoot or have that mentality.

Robben is the other extreme, but Hazard needs to be selfish at times to be great. (hopefully, not the cristiano syndrome that Neymar has right now).

(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH) i think the best position for him like zidane is in the middle. he is not a true winger like robben or ronaldo but he had a very good vision and he can be very useful in this place.

I disagree, he will attract too much attention in the middle of the pitch. Zidane was 6'1 and very strong, Hazard is maybe 5'8 and has good balance but will get marked out of games by bigger, physical midfielders.

He is best on the wing where he can use his dribbling to greater effect

He really, really wasnt. The only player that got behind the parked Algerian bus in the 1st half and his intelligence made the 2nd goal.

Enough with this outrageous double standard this guy gets held to! It's getting tedious and boring. PATHETIC.

He definitely wasn't great. Yes he got the assist but he needs to elevate his game. Almost every lesser team Chelsea or Belgium will play will sit deep, he has to find a way to impact those games... Messi can.

If the shot isn't on Hazard won't take it. He is a smart player and more often than not makes the right choice, taking low-percentage shots will undo all the good work he's done to become the player he is. I'm happy he's not taking 15-20 shots a game to score one goal like a lot of players do in football today.

Having said that it was his first ever World Cup game and you know the pressure is on him to be the talisman. He wasn't great but did do some things that made you remember how talented he is. Judge him on his whole tourney not his first ever game

If the shot isn't on Hazard won't take it. He is a smart player and more often than not makes the right choice, taking low-percentage shots will undo all the good work he's done to become the player he is. I'm happy he's not taking 15-20 shots a game to score one goal like a lot of players do in football today.

I'm not. dribbling endlessly with no end product doesn't make you a world great, he needs to use his dribbling ability to get into areas to release a shot.

He wasn't half bad being double marked against a bus with Belgians ordered to play a slow tempo passing game trying to wear out Algeria. There's only so much you can do alone as a footballer..

I'd love to see more drive though, he needs to want the ball more.

First half he created a very good chance for Chadli and he also put in a great cross but Lukaku was too busy doing a Torres standing still inside the box. And then in the second half he created the winner. That's end product.

No it isn't because other than the Mertens goals his dribbling lead to nothing. He has the technique to get into good shooting areas, he needs to be a little more selfish when he gets there.

No it isn't because other than the Mertens goals his dribbling lead to nothing. He has the technique to get into good shooting areas, he needs to be a little more selfish when he gets there.

What? I just told you dribbling led to a good chance for Chadli that was wasted and an inch-perfect cross that should have resulted in a goal had Lukaku not stood still. Then you flippantly dismiss the creation of THE WINNING GOAL as if he didn't do enough.

I don't think he could get into a good shooting area yesterday. Algeria defended very deep and there was virtually no space through the middle. Any shot he would have taken would have been ill-advised. Algeria wanted long-shots; teams that defend deep would rather have the opposition taking speculative shots.