Eden Hazard

the wes

Don't try and twist it or reinterpret the post for your own gains.

I said he was the face of the club.. 'symbol, however you wanna word that', and then a fact (which makes the Hazard argument void). Mourinho is the biggest star/celebrity/brand that's ever been associated with the club, it's not even debatable.

My own gains. lol. What would i have to/want to gain by that, mister no1 legend.

Have a Manneken pis!

pl5r25cs.gif

It's sad Mourinho won't hesitate to throw his players under the bus to cover his ass. Sometimes he needs to take responsibility for some of his failures and stop giving the media the ammunition to bury him. I see he had already prepared a speech to defend his record, speaking in the first person, like he normally does.

He started it with the Newcastle defeat ("I made eleven mistakes") and recently with the Paris defeat ("we lack a striker"). It's your job to coach the team and get the best results. Some of the things Jose says and does just rubs me the wrong way sometimes. Control your ego and stop with publicly criticizing players after defeats.

No, Mourinho is the face of the club, he's also the most marketable personality ever associated with Chelsea Football Club.

Mourinho is probably the perfect personality for us. We're always going to be hated for a variety of reasons and he OWNS that. He doesn't care about being popular or being loved by anyone but us fans.

Looks like he's not just going to ignore Hazard's mistake for the first goal either. Whatever anyone thinks, conceding an away goal against a better team one minute before half-time completely changed the complexion of the match. Harsh to blame the loss on him, but if anyone wants to argue that it wasn't a turning point then they're clueless.

Mourinho is probably the perfect personality for us. We're always going to be hated for a variety of reasons and he OWNS that. He doesn't care about being popular or being loved by anyone but us fans.

Looks like he's not just going to ignore Hazard's mistake for the first goal either. Whatever anyone thinks, conceding an away goal against a better team one minute before half-time completely changed the complexion of the match. Harsh to blame the loss on him, but if anyone wants to argue that it wasn't a turning point then they're clueless.

I agree with most, but I truly believe that as much as it is a must to have a critical eye on players (eg. Hazards nonchalant negligence that cost us), it is also a must to apply the same amount of 'criticallity' to the manager. Somehow there seems to be much more an Omerta on that, much more than on the criticizing of players.

What the fuck are you on about? Do you know how many times Mourinho has shielded his players from criticism in his time at this club? I think he can occassionally be honest with a player as a teaching exercise when they make such a major mistake. 10 fucking players worked their bollocks off after we scored and one player stood still like a fucking statue so maybe he can take a bit of criticism and LEARN from it.

It amazes me how fairweather fans like you don't hesitate in jumping on the manager's back though.

Mourinho never takes the blame when the team loses, NEVER. He hasn't done it since he returned and he is trying to protect himself from criticism. Something about the man has changed because he wasn't like this before in his first spell here. His spell at Madrid affected him.

This is not about Hazard. This is about Mourinho always making excuses for defeats. His body language in the press conference was very telling. Fortunately for me though, I'm not one of those people that worship at the alter of Mourinho. He has his faults as a manager, but even more worryingly than that, he has a massive ego and that rubs off the wrong way on me and on the image on the club. Any criticism of his failings is either met by deflecting blame or even verbal attacks of other managers. He needs to change his attitude and stop treating this club like a personal play-thing.

People cannot defend Hazard. I'm sorry.

I for one - again - am not defending.

But: criticising Hazard does not automatically imply you have to stick up for Mourinho. It is like saying 'evolution is wrong, so the bible is right'.

Hazard fucked up, so did Mourinho imo. What is the deal with that statement. Or do you think he put up a tactical masterclass?