Eden Hazard

the wes

Well if saint Hazard doesn't like our football than he has the right to go, it's not like he has a contract with Chelsea getting paid ridiculous amount of money every week. I feel sorry for him, it must be so hard for a player of his calibre to endure this painful experience.

Seriously though, are you fucking for real? This is not Hazard fc... honestly im starting to think some people are only here to support Hazard.

I'm just stating what should be obvious. Shortly after he joined he criticized the way Chelsea won the CL, but offcourse noone thought anything of it because at that time we were playing attractive football and Hazard played a big part in it. now he's said something similar to that and all of a sudden everyone's offended.

Some people are not getting it... No one is saying that Hazard shouldn't track back and no one is saying that he wasn't at fault for the goals (it wasn't just him though there were a lot of players at fault for both goals, just bad goals to concede as a team in general), but asking your winger to track the run all the way into their own box is ridiculous.

Atletico's wingers were passed off inside, so naturally, a midfielder should've picked them up whilst our fullbacks should've been wary of the threats their fullbacks could make on the overlap. Our wingers should track them but only to a certain extent, not 10 yards into your own box. You pass the player off at a certain point because defenders are obviously more skilled and talented at defending in the box. Someone who isn't a natural defender is bound to do something like that (even though Eden has been very good in tracking back this season in general), especially against a team who exploits that well.

Also, those slating his offensive performance on Wednesday need to get real - whenever Eden had the ball he was surrounded by 3 men. We defend well as a team but when we go forward we offered no support to anyone (especially after their goal when Mourinho brought on Eto'o & Ba, we just seemed to skip our attacking mids and boot it straight up to our average strikers), and it was quite bad how even though they were clearly triple marking Hazard that we still couldn't utilise our free men properly. If only we could support as much as we do at the back going forward... I sincerely hope that when we do get the right players that this will be the approach next season. Attacking + defending with numbers. Instead of purely relying on Hazard's creativity going forward.

Bingo. You could understand Hazard's frustration as well, he has to help the fullbacks but he gets no help from them on the other end. He shouldn't have to defend in the box. People need to blame someone though.

Pointing out a player's mistakes/faults/weaknesses doesn't make you any less of a fan. Surely you should know that given how you've been criticising Oscar recently!

My point is only about after such a hard defeat where you must support and not critizse cuz it's just bad for the club

Tbh i think at the time when Eden was choosing witch English club he'd join he chose Chelsea because at the time Roman envisioned a more attacking style then what we're currently playing. I remember him speaking about his conversation with Roman, and it was certainly something along those lines. he's done his best to fit into Mourinho's system, but maybe it won't work out in the long run and he'll leave or be sold. we have to be realistic about this. the football we've been playing can't be the stuff a player like Eden is dreaming of...

If he wants to be a winner he will stay... Not a difficult choice.

Mourinho had Ronaldo in his side, who is miles better than Hazard - HE didn't have a problem and REAL scored for fun!

Again patience is needed everywhere - Mourinho has to train these players...

Sorry, Eden has been great for us this year but on those two goals he fell asleep.. The player who crossed the ball back into the box was his man to mark.. And if you don't believe that look at JT reaction after the third goal went in... Eden is still a brilliant player I don't think anyone is disputing that but modern football has changed you have to be more of a two way player look at how Dortmund or even Atlético AMs played they got back right into their own box to try and harass our players... Why is their commitment any different then what Hazard should be doing

Still not blaming him for the goals because even if he loses his man we should have more than enough experience to deal with second ball.. And his cover in the centre let him down.. Goals 1&3 could have been avoided with a little more concentration from everyone that was involved Hazard JT GC Azpi and Cole

Sorry, Eden has been great for us this year but on those two goals he fell asleep.. The player who crossed the ball back into the box was his man to mark.. And if you don't believe that look at JT reaction after the third goal went in... Eden is still a brilliant player I don't think anyone is disputing that but modern football has changed you have to be more of a two way player look at how Dortmund or even Atlético AMs played they got back right into their own box to try and harass our players... Why is their commitment any different then what Hazard should be doing

No. Their attacking mids were not defending in their own box, why would they when our players barely breached it from open play, and when our fullbacks were barely overlapping to begin with? Modern football does not say, "get your most creative player to come and defend the overlap 10 yards into his box".

Hazard made mistakes yes, no one is denying that but what you're saying is false on modern football simply because Dortmund nor Atletico do that. Certainly not with their most talented forward player.

Some people are not getting it... No one is saying that Hazard shouldn't track back and no one is saying at fault for the goals (it wasn't just him though there were a lot of players at fault for both goals, just bad goals to concede as a team in general), but asking your winger to track the run all the way into their own box is ridiculous.

Atletico's wingers were passed off inside, so naturally, a midfielder should've picked them up whilst our fullbacks should've been wary of the threats their fullbacks could make on the overlap. Our wingers should track them but only to a certain extent, not 10 yards into your own box. You pass the player off at a certain point because defenders are obviously more skilled and talented at defending in the box. Someone who isn't a natural defender is bound to do something like that (even though Eden has been very good in tracking back this season in general), especially against a team who exploits that well.

Also, those slating his offensive performance on Wednesday need to get real - whenever Eden had the ball he was surrounded by 3 men. We defend well as a team but when we go forward we offered no support to anyone (especially after their goal when Mourinho brought on Eto'o & Ba, we just seemed to skip our attacking mids and boot it straight up to our average strikers), and it was quite bad how even though they were clearly triple marking Hazard that we still couldn't utilise our free men properly. If only we could support as much as we do at the back going forward... I sincerely hope that when we do get the right players that this will be the approach next season. Attacking + defending with numbers. Instead of purely relying on Hazard's creativity going forward.

I agree that he shouldn't have to track all the way back but based on the away games at Atletico and Liverpool, I think that would have been his role, especially after taking the lead. Whilst the full backs tucked in effectively to give 4 centre backs and no space in the middle, forcing the opposition out wide where our wingers drop back to become the full backs. It's not great and not his strength but it's the semi final of the champions league for fucks sake. So if that was his role, I'm just saying he should have executed that as Jose has requested and he's not above doing that for the team, like some people seem to be insinuating with their comments on here. The way some people have been talking on here hazard is being put on a pedestal bigger than the club which is so wrong.

it was Jose's fault, more than anyone else ... it was quite clear our left was exposed. Had he put Azpi in-front of Cole and went 433, none of these would've happened plus Hazard and Willian would've way more influence on the game

No. Their attacking mids were not defending in their own box, why would they when our players barely breached it from open play, and when our fullbacks were barely overlapping to begin with? Modern football does not say, "get your most creative player to come and defend the overlap 10 yards into his box".

Hazard made mistakes yes, no one is denying that but what you're saying is false on modern football simply because Dortmund nor Atletico do that. Certainly not with their most talented forward player.

What game was that cause I saw Arda Turan tracking back kicking the piss out of Hazard and Koke tracking back on Willian.. Listen I get it there was a lot of knee jerk reactions after the game about Hazard and I get why it seems easiest to just write off what happened in the match tactically but face it Atlético wide players did their job the whole match the only time we got loose on the flank was for the goal we scored.. And for the record I didn't say modern football asks most creative player to defend overlap I said modern football asks players to play two ways... When a player becomes bigger then the team that's when we have an issue... And if you watched that match again you would see what I was talking about but I doubt that you will

First post, I might say things you don't like but don't be too harsh on me :P.

For a start Hazard surely has fault on the 1st and 3rd goal just like Cole for the 1st who has too afraid to put an OG and didn't go for the clearance and Azpilicueta on the 3rd who, for whatever reason, was on the right. It's really a collective mistake..

But what I would like to point out its that it's also a tactical mistake. Too many people fail to understand that one can fulfill it's " defensive " duty and actually being more useful to the team by staying high; When you look at the game, Atletico FB were both allowed to come help their forward on -almost- every single occasion and they could do that only because Chelsea defended so deep leaving Torres alone up there, if William or Hazard were allowed to stay high it would never happen and if it actually did happen it would meant a possible 2 vs 2 on the counter.

When people think about Hazard they think about it's ability to get past defender but this is thanks to its pace and close control, tool that are deadly when given space hence why he should be allowed to stay higher on the field and if you actually remember Mourinho allowed it on the City away game... And how it went ? Do I need to make you remember that's also how the goal was created ?

Ofcourse Hazard could do more but you can also see that he need more support from the team, almost every single time he's on his left side and receive the ball and there's 2 to 3 defenders close to him you can see him stop, wait a bit, and then do a pass, I read some people complaining about this here but I guess what I see from this must be different, what I see is a player waiting for movement around him, waiting for someone to get into the space, someone to play 1-2 with after drawing players to him but it almost never happen yet when it does happen it almost always actually lead to a dangerous situation. So why ?

What chelsea really lack right now isn't a striker, it would help ofcourse but it's in the collective play it's really lacking and if you remember the few games at the start of the season ( and on a few occasion after that ) the team had that but lost it somehow.

Stick around the forum...nice first post! B)

I agree that he shouldn't have to track all the way back but based on the away games at Atletico and Liverpool, I think that would have been his role, especially after taking the lead. Whilst the full backs tucked in effectively to give 4 centre backs and no space in the middle, forcing the opposition out wide where our wingers drop back to become the full backs. It's not great and not his strength but it's the semi final of the champions league for fucks sake. So if that was his role, I'm just saying he should have executed that as Jose has requested and he's not above doing that for the team, like some people seem to be insinuating with their comments on here. The way some people have been talking on here hazard is being put on a pedestal bigger than the club which is so wrong.

He obviously did try to do what Jose asked of him though - only he made mistakes and unfortunately those led to goals. If Jose wanted his winger to track back like that he should've started Schurrle there who's perfect in situations like that. As you said, it isn't anywhere near one of Eden's strengths so it was the wrong gamble from Mourinho - if he was going to play Eden he should've asked him to stay forward more and maybe that would've forced Juanfran to stay deeper because of the counter attack - that is the best way to get them to stop overlapping when you have an attacking talent as impressive as Hazard.

And yeah, obviously Hazard isn't bigger than the club but personally I'm just ignoring those comments.

First post, I might say things you don't like but don't be too harsh on me :P.

For a start Hazard surely has fault on the 1st and 3rd goal just like Cole for the 1st who has too afraid to put an OG and didn't go for the clearance and Azpilicueta on the 3rd who, for whatever reason, was on the right. It's really a collective mistake..

But what I would like to point out its that it's also a tactical mistake. Too many people fail to understand that one can fulfill it's " defensive " duty and actually being more useful to the team by staying high; When you look at the game, Atletico FB were both allowed to come help their forward on -almost- every single occasion and they could do that only because Chelsea defended so deep leaving Torres alone up there, if William or Hazard were allowed to stay high it would never happen and if it actually did happen it would meant a possible 2 vs 2 on the counter.

When people think about Hazard they think about it's ability to get past defender but this is thanks to its pace and close control, tool that are deadly when given space hence why he should be allowed to stay higher on the field and if you actually remember Mourinho allowed it on the City away game... And how it went ? Do I need to make you remember that's also how the goal was created ?

Ofcourse Hazard could do more but you can also see that he need more support from the team, almost every single time he's on his left side and receive the ball and there's 2 to 3 defenders close to him you can see him stop, wait a bit, and then do a pass, I read some people complaining about this here but I guess what I see from this must be different, what I see is a player waiting for movement around him, waiting for someone to get into the space, someone to play 1-2 with after drawing players to him but it almost never happen yet when it does happen it almost always actually lead to a dangerous situation. So why ?

What chelsea really lack right now isn't a striker, it would help ofcourse but it's in the collective play it's really lacking and if you remember the few games at the start of the season ( and on a few occasion after that ) the team had that but lost it somehow.

Welcome and great first post... And you are so right in terms of the collective play decline we have become to reliant on the counter that it's messed with the team flow as well I feel too much of the attacking responsibility was given to Eden. Looking at the last game almost every attack we tried to start through him and Atlético knew it was going to happen hence two and three players mugging Eden when he got the ball