Eden Hazard

the wes

Am not a real supporter? Yeah, like I give a shit about whether others think I'm a real supporter or not. It's quite sad when people have to resort to such cheap attacks in a discussion rather than have a civilized debate.

It is, but you know what's more sad? The way you criticize YOUR player after such a game.

Ugh cant believe people are still defending Hazard blindly. No one can blame Hazard solely for the loss, we were beaten by the better team. But you as a player cant track a player halfway and then think fuck it I cant be bothered. Cole moved more centrally because he trusted Hazard to stick to the man. It was vital for us to make half time 1-0 up, unfortunately when that didnt happen our team didnt do enough to win the game.

We conceded goal, the cross that led to that goal was from side that was protected with 2 full backs...says all realy.

Mourinho tried to play open football with full back in attacking trio, when we scored the goal, we should defend defend defend. Its what we do best this season. Yet Mou tried something new, attacking (if we can call that), fucked up, changed lineup and completely exposed us...

It was bad work from everyone on the pitch, and Atletico had bit luck, but deserved to go through.

There are actually idiots like those mongs at the Mirror saying we may "struggle to keep Hazard" this summer because he's so "frustrated" with our tactics.

Fucking idiots!

Tbh i think at the time when Eden was choosing witch English club he'd join he chose Chelsea because at the time Roman envisioned a more attacking style then what we're currently playing. I remember him speaking about his conversation with Roman, and it was certainly something along those lines. he's done his best to fit into Mourinho's system, but maybe it won't work out in the long run and he'll leave or be sold. we have to be realistic about this. the football we've been playing can't be the stuff a player like Eden is dreaming of...

It is, but you know what's more sad? The way you criticize YOUR player after such a game.

Pointing out a player's mistakes/faults/weaknesses doesn't make you any less of a fan. Surely you should know that given how you've been criticising Oscar recently!

Whilst not all the blame can be put on Hazard's doorstep, he has to accept partial responsibility. Just because he's an offensive, attacking player and it's 'not his game' is not a justifiable excuse in my opinion. There are two players in the world that can be excused do any defensive work and that's Messi and Ronaldo. And before people start the 'Hazard has the potential to be as good' comments, he's a fantastic player but he won't ever get to that level.

Some of the top players in the world below these two such as Bale, Suarez and Ribery all put in a serious shift defensively for their teams. To make a mistake now and again is acceptable, every player will. But some people seemingly making him immune from criticism is ridiculous.

Whilst not all the blame can be put on Hazard's doorstep, he has to accept partial responsibility. Just because he's an offensive, attacking player and it's 'not his game' is not a justifiable excuse in my opinion. There are two players in the world that can be excused do any defensive work and that's Messi and Ronaldo. And before people start the 'Hazard has the potential to be as good' comments, he's a fantastic player but he won't ever get to that level.

Some of the top players in the world below these two such as Bale, Suarez and Ribery all put in a serious shift defensively for their teams. To make a mistake now and again is acceptable, every player will. But some people seemingly making him immune from criticism is ridiculous.

I'm fed up with this seriously. You are barking up the wrong tree and making dreadful points.

(1) First of all, Hazard can't be as good? What a stupid comment. Are you God? Ronaldo at 23 (same age as Hazard is now) put up similar numbers and performances in the 2006/2007 season to what Hazard has done this season. And Ronaldo was actually playing next to a real striker in Rooney and a team playing some marvelous, attacking football, with less impetus to track back. There is nothing stopping Hazard from elevating his game even further. The fact that a so-called supporter will type nonsense like this....... It gives CFC fans a bad name. The fact that a so-called CFC supporter attacks a young player, and a good guy (from what we see in interviews) like Hazard is a great shame. He has already accomplished an awful lot in his short career.

(2) Hazard has done more than his fair share of tracking back this season, even more than he should be doing considering he carries the attacking work almost on his own. Maybe Mourinho should give his best players more attacking freedom instead of turning them into robots. At least that spares us from watching the turgid, awful football we've been playing all season.

(3) Bale? Bale tracks back? I've watched him a lot this season, and he doesn't really track back that much. Ancelotti has offered him the creative freedom that such attacking players crave. Ribery? He plays for a team that averages 72% possession their league. He doesn't really need to track back. Suarez? The point is moot as you're comparing a CF to a winger. It's a silly comparison.

Almost everything you typed was non-factual, and to add insult to injury, you attack our best player by saying he will never be as good as Messi or Ronaldo. Perhaps he will be better off in a team that actually knows how to play good, attacking possession based football!

in baseball usually the pitchers never bat ,, except in cross sections ,,, then the pitchers are invariably crap .. I am in favour of defending from the

front but the criticism of our MOST potent attacker because of his defensive abililities is frankly ludicrous .

The greatest play makers in rugby union were the number 10s or fly halves .. THE BEST NEVER tackled ,, it was too dangerous ..

Johnny Wilkiinson changed that idea .. attacker and DESTROYER in defence ... worked wonders till the injuries piled up .

Wrap Eden in cotton wool ,, WE NEED his special talents

In my opinion I don't see the same desire and selfishness to his game that I see in Ronaldo and Messi. That attitude to do what it takes to be the best at what you do. On and off the pitch Hazard's character stands out as incredibly laid back and it's simply a game that he enjoys to play. There's nothing wrong with that. Like him I've got a wife and kids which over the last few years has made me much more calm over following Chelsea and that it's not everything in life (although still very important having supported for over 20 years although of course because my comment isn't agreed with, I'm automatically a 'so-called supporter'). Ronaldo certainly has always had that mentality about him, even in his early days at United. I'm just not sure if Hazard will ever have that mind-set, just my opinion.

I actually haven't slagged off Hazard for the goals, I've simply said he is partially responsible and people should accept that and not make him immune from criticism just because he's our best attacking player. I agree his defensive work and tracking back has massively improved this season and long may it continue. To be successful we need to continue defending as a team and a unit, and he's a part of that. Others are responsible for last night too (Jose included) but people trying to deflect any criticism from him altogether are treading a dangerous path by insinuating that he's above doing any defensive work, which he certainly isn't.

zolayes, Jonny Wilkinson changing that idea was a massive impact on helping England go on and win the world cup.

I don't follow baseball but I'm a big NFL fan and similarly here, there is a culture shift currently happening from wrapping a quarterback in cotton wool to now putting them in the firing line by letting some of the 'new breed' run the ball and take tackles; the likes of Cam Newton, RG3, Kaepernick. And none more so than Russell Wilson considering the Seahawks are current superbowl champions and his dual threat has certainly helped massively on their offense. I've even seen a few times Russell Wilson run in front of Marshawn Lynch and block for him!

These two examples only show that unless you are one of the best at what you do in your generation or even the history of the sport, every person has a responsibility in all phases of the game they are playing for there team. That includes attackers doing what is required of them defensively (pressing, tracking back, tucking in, etc) and even keepers and defenders doing what is required of them offensively (releasing the ball quickly for a counter attack for example).

My comment wasn't actually meant to slag off Hazard as he is only partially responsible and not entirely at fault, merely to make a point that he shouldn't be immune from criticism just because he's our best player. He's been asked to do a job on that pitch and he or any of our other players are not above doing that job.

Tbh i think at the time when Eden was choosing witch English club he'd join he chose Chelsea because at the time Roman envisioned a more attacking style then what we're currently playing. I remember him speaking about his conversation with Roman, and it was certainly something along those lines. he's done his best to fit into Mourinho's system, but maybe it won't work out in the long run and he'll leave or be sold. we have to be realistic about this. the football we've been playing can't be the stuff a player like Eden is dreaming of...

Well if saint Hazard doesn't like our football than he has the right to go, it's not like he has a contract with Chelsea getting paid ridiculous amount of money every week. I feel sorry for him, it must be so hard for a player of his calibre to endure this painful experience.

Seriously though, are you fucking for real? This is not Hazard fc... honestly im starting to think some people are only here to support Hazard.

3rd goal:

https://vine.co/v/MrmQjDZd2gI

Were was Azpilicueta the fullback supposed to be in possession? He was tucked in at the centre. It was a collective error, not an individual one.

The first one is a similar story. Hazard probably thought that ball was on it's way out, I thought that as well watching it, but the Atleti player managed to reach it and cut it across goal.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/81FEE78FEF1073373231735611392_1ae76f088c7.4.8.4545721265261156170.mp4?versionId=Wqzmfuz73jTcb0iXiyXcEJRWb6HCA85Q

Were was Ashley Cole? Again, miserably out of position.

These were collective errors. Our fullbacks went AWOL and left Hazard exposed. Can we finally drop this now?

3rd goal:

https://vine.co/v/MrmQjDZd2gI

Were was Azpilicueta the fullback supposed to be in possession? He was tucked in at the centre. It was a collective error, not an individual one.

The first one is a similar story. Hazard probably thought that ball was on it's way out, I thought that as well watching it, but the Atleti player managed to reach it and cut it across goal.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/81FEE78FEF1073373231735611392_1ae76f088c7.4.8.4545721265261156170.mp4?versionId=Wqzmfuz73jTcb0iXiyXcEJRWb6HCA85Q

Were was Ashley Cole? Again, miserably out of position.

These were collective errors. Our fullbacks went AWOL and left Hazard exposed. Can we finally drop this now?

If you read anything I wrote I said he must accept partial responsibility and therefore some criticism for the goals. I haven't said it's fully his fault and no one else is to blame.

My whole point is that just because he's our best player doesn't make him immune from criticism which some people on here seem to think.

If you read anything I wrote I said he must accept partial responsibility and therefore some criticism for the goals. I haven't said it's fully his fault and no one else is to blame.

My whole point is that just because he's our best player doesn't make him immune from criticism which some people on here seem to think.

Never said that so you are attacking Straw man. I will hope to see your criticisms for Cole, Eto'o and Azpilicueta for goals 1,2 and 3 respectively, or is it only reserved for Hazard?