Eden Hazard

the wes

I really hope these comments aren't going to create any fall-out for Eden at the club, especially in our revered, idiosyncratic manager's mind. Ultimately, Eden puts his finger on the sore spot

when he says we have systematically struggled with breaking down defensive teams this season. Our lack of attacking options is something that was adressed masterfully by Mourinho at times by

making strong, armed-concrete defending are nr.1 priority and going from there; i.e. counter-football. Against the weak sides though, where we were forced to make the game and break down

parked jumbo jets because they were happy to take 0-0s against us, our strikers' weaknesses showed. I think anyone would agree that these matches cost us the title...

(though I still hope for some miracle this weekend).

That being said, bad move Eden for feeding the troll press. The fact that he spoke passionately though, shows his sadness and thus his commitment to the club. From all his neutral interviews

I have watched, I am SURE that he's happy at the Bridge and that he can't wait to become better and better as the seasons progress. It's all about the growing curve, people. Shouldn't lose ourselves

in ihis defensive lapses (especially after injury - though frustrating to watch) or spirited-away spells during games. He WILL come back stronger.

Just imagine COSTA playing in front of him (Hazard on the 10), and Matic and Luiz together in his back for the CL next year. I shudder at the thought, especially because he SHOULD be relieved

of his defensive duties more to reach his full potential.

Although Hazard is by no means 100% wrong in what he said about our style of play, in a week where there has been a strong debate on the positive/negative style of play, his comments were unnecessary. It only gives the media, haters etc amminution to attack Mourinho and team...

Eden Hazard criticises Jose Mourinho's tactics, saying Chelsea 'aren't set up to play football' after defeat to Atletico Madrid

There might be hints of truth in what he says but that's not a way a professional player acts. Comments like these do us more harm than good. You think our own manager-board-fans didn't know that we depend on him? Again, if he ever wants to be in the same class as Messi or Ronaldo or Ronaldinho or Suarez - real super-stars, he has to toughen up and instead of whining up his game. Yesterday he didn't offer much of anything, let along "carry" the team. In fact, we've played rather alright without him, beating PSG, Liverpool in the process. We missed him against "weaker" teams, that's all. He should know the player situation in the club, we were missing important players and we will sign couple of very good players in the summer. He should look into the mirror, because it's his inconsistency to perform that makes Azpilicueta a worthy player of the season.

He is our best attacking player but there are just some things you can't say publicly, not because it's necessarily wrong, but its unethical especially giving the timing. Never understood why we get stick for playing brilliantly in defence and clubs like Atletico are being praised. Guess success breeds jealousy.

His marking for the first was pathetic. A couple of times before the ball is drifted in he has a look at Juanfran - he knows that his man and losing him has got nothing to do with coming back from an injury. Ashley Cole maybe gets sucked inside a little to easy which leaves JT as the de facto left-back, but Juanfran is Hazard's man all day long. We beat Liverpool because every man did their job. We conceded that goal because Hazard didn't do his.

Precisely that. TBH, I don't quite understand some people. We have seen Hazard improved on his defensive duties and track back to defend against his FB when he has to. When that happens, people praised his work for it which is fair and yet, when he doesn't track back, the same lots think he shouldn't be criticized and allowed to get away scott-free with his defensive work. That isn't fair and rather selective, isn't it? If that was the case under Mourinho, Mata wouldn't have been sold and probably will be playing in the starting XI every week. Additionally, going by that logic, we should just defend with 6 players and just let the front 4 go AWOL defensively, almost like when we were under RDM. I do not want to make comparison but if Hazard was causing damage in the same way say Ronaldo does to the opposition offensively, then you can sort of close one eye on his lack of defensive duties since he compensates it by destroying the opposing team. However, since that is not the case (at least not yet anyway) now, then we can't afford to have any slackers, if you like, in the team and everyone need to contribute their fair share of defensive work (especially when this team is by no means the strongest or best yet).

The thing is I actually don't think he did much wrong for their third goal. It's a fantastic ball, but he stays with his man about as well as you could ask a winger who isn't the most natural defender to do.

The first is just appalling though. He doesn't have to head the ball out or even block it, he's just got to be in Juanfran's line of vision to give him something to think about. The whole match swings on that error and it's unfortunate it was Eden who made it.

Having said all that, you've got to give credit to Atletico firstly for Koke's challenge on Luiz to win the ball and then the way they recycled possession. Costa's ball out to the wing turns every defender and he doesn't get enough credit for his ability to create chances that way.

The thing is I actually don't think he did much wrong for their third goal. It's a fantastic ball, but he stays with his man about as well as you could ask a winger who isn't the most natural defender to do.

The first is just appalling though. He doesn't have to head the ball out or even block it, he's just got to be in Juanfran's line of vision to give him something to think about. The whole match swings on that error and it's unfortunate it was Eden who made it.

Having said all that, you've got to give credit to Atletico firstly for Koke's challenge on Luiz to win the ball and then the way they recycled possession. Costa's ball out to the wing turns every defender and he doesn't get enough credit for his ability to create chances that way.

Yes and the most criminal part of it was he knew Juanfran was there but didn't bother tracking when the cross came in.

I do agree though anyone who watches the game can see when he gets the ball there are 2-3 players over to him or they double up or foul him.. now yes its up to him to take the challenge and move into different spaces or pass etc.

BUT! Nobody supports him, its not just him though its on the other side of our team too, our RW and whoever plays in the middle, nobody runs ahead of the ball I can only think of Willian doing it leading up to our goal, its not just the Atletico game, its constant in games, its so frustrating hence why we 80% of the time go backwards to go forwards switching to the other side.

I just hope in the summer its not just a striker we get, this is obvious that we need 2 strikers of good calibre but also a good player next to Matic rather than the bumbling marathon runner Ramires (Sorry Rami..) but we need a passer/+ someone with stability.

Its not just Eden, I repeat, its both sides of our play, Eden just gets the harsher treatment, every game I lose count on the fouls.

Understand his frustration but hopefully he sits down with Jose, gets his head down, comes back stronger with Luke Shaw behind him and running infront of him.

Nobody should dare attacking Hazard. Give the kid respect. Don't dare blaming him even though he had a part of it, everyone had a part of it. If you want to blame which I completely admonish, you should blame the whole team.

Precisely that. TBH, I don't quite understand some people. We have seen Hazard improved on his defensive duties and track back to defend against his FB when he has to. When that happens, people praised his work for it which is fair and yet, when he doesn't track back, the same lots think he shouldn't be criticized and allowed to get away scott-free with his defensive work. That isn't fair and rather selective, isn't it? If that was the case under Mourinho, Mata wouldn't have been sold and probably will be playing in the starting XI every week. Additionally, going by that logic, we should just defend with 6 players and just let the front 4 go AWOL defensively, almost like when we were under RDM. Remember all those goals we conceded from simple cutbacks? I do not want to make comparison but if Hazard was causing damage in the same way say Ronaldo does to the opposition offensively, then you can sort of close one eye on his lack of defensive duties since he compensates it by destroying the opposing team. However, since that is not the case (at least not yet anyway) now, then we can't afford to have any slackers, if you like, in the team and everyone need to contribute their fair share of defensive work (especially when this team is by no means the strongest or best yet).

Why do you choose to ignore the fact that he just came back from a muscular injury.

Why do you choose to ignore the fact that Jose's tactical error of switching a player lacking match fitness to the wing backfired when he was doing perfectly fine through the centre? It was an error that few noticed but it cost us dearly.

Why do you keep banging on and on about this? Let's even assume that Hazard was 100% match fit, which he wasn't, he is a young player that made a mistake.

Why don't you cut him some slack, eh? The kid has been the one carrying our average attack for majority of the season while the others have been ridiculously inconsistent and downright appalling.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill.