Eden Hazard

the wes

It's pathetic that you have to discredit a fantastic player totally worthy and deserving of POTY in order to make your case for hazard winning the award.

Nothing pathetic. You just chose to ignore my comments and you can't disprove my point about consistency. Both Cahill and Terry are defenders which have been just as consistent as Azpi this season. I can make a huge case for either of these players being POTY this season. Name any of our attacking players that have been as consistent as Hazard. Just one.

Mate, Cole's been shit for three years now and there were a lot of us who objected him being given that contract extension with ridiculous wages last year. Still good on his day but nowhere near consistent enough to be a regular for a top club anymore. Some people have just been either too blind or too ignorant to see his decline but since Mourinho dropped him everyone's been hopping onto the bandwagon.

Gbam. I was one of them. he's been leaving on reputation for the past 3 seasons and I'm glad Jose had the balls to drop him to the benefit of the team

The same Cole who also forgot the basics of defending at Newcastle. Its ironic how you say that when constantly bringing up the fact that Azpilicueta didn't start until November.

The only reason I mentioned Cole is because you seem to believe our defense will crumble if he was our starting left-back, a notion I completely disagree with.

Vote for Azpi and let Hazard win nothing again even though he has been our most consistent attacking player and our best player this season. I could care less really. The league will give him no individual award but will put him in their team of the year while Coleman will be the LB in the team of the year. Ironic really, but not so much for Eden. Under-appreciated yet again, but a slave to his apparent inconsistency. He will never be consistent till he's Messi or Ronaldo in the eyes of some even though his performances are on par with the Reus', Bale's, Ribery's and Robben's of the world.

You are aware that Seamus Coleman is a right-back?

Nothing pathetic. You just chose to ignore my comments and you can't disprove my point about consistency. Both Cahill and Terry are defenders which have been just as consistent as Azpi this season. I can make a huge case for either of these players being POTY this season. Name any of our attacking players that have been as consistent as Hazard. Just one.

More irony when you accuse others of ignoring comments.

Both Cahill and Terry did not have to fight their way into the team.

Both Cahill and Terry are not playing in their un-natural position.

Both Cahill and Terry haven't had to be tactically flexible cause their partner keeps making runs.

Only Cahill and Azpilicueta showed up at Palace.

Somewhere on this planet, Cannavoro is smiling with happiness due to him being the only player in the recent era to actually receive an award cause for some of us attack isn't everything.

The only reason I mentioned Cole is because you seem to believe our defense will crumble if he was our starting left-back, a notion I completely disagree with.

And that's what I replied with. When Cole did start our defense crumbled, an obvious notion.

Vote for Azpi and let Hazard win nothing again even though he has been our most consistent attacking player and our best player this season. I could care less really. The league will give him no individual award but will put him in their team of the year while Coleman will be the LB in the team of the year. Ironic really, but not so much for Eden. Under-appreciated yet again, but a slave to his apparent inconsistency. He will never be consistent till he's Messi or Ronaldo in the eyes of some even though his performances are on par with the Reus', Bale's, Ribery's and Robben's of the world.

If you couldn't care less then why did you bring it up at all in the first place, championing hard for eden to win it and in the process trying your best to discredit Azpi. seems to me that you care very much.

It would be a great shame if our best player doesn't win the Chelsea POTY award. Like I've suspected all along since he joined us, Hazard has become a victim of his own greatness. It seems some people are never satisfied with his contribution. He can't have a "good" game anymore. It's either he has to be amazing or "inconsistent". Also, some of our fans have become fairly paranoid about him leaving the club even though he's shown nothing buy loyalty to us since he joined, even kissing the badge against Liverpool (whatever that means nowadays). Invariably, he gets blamed for such meaningless things such as wearing a PSG jersey and the comments about his wife deciding on his future, though it was clearly said in jest. What most people choose not to realize is that most of it is garbage fueled by the French media who are desperate for a player of his calibre to return to the French league, which he dominated.

Now to may main point. Hazard has scored 17 goals this season. More goals than the likes of Ribery, Robben, Neymar, Sanchez, Pedro, Di Maria and just 1 less than Reus and Bale have. All these world-class wingers play in easier leagues too and none of them are the undisputed stars of their team. They share the attacking workload with players of similar quality. Also, these players play in leagues and for teams that make life easier for attacking players to bolster their stats in. The same can't be said about Hazard with Chelsea this season.

Hazard has created an incredible (95) chances for his teammates, the highest of any player in Europe's top 5 leagues and he's not even a playmaker like the Ozil's, and Silva's! What's even more astonishing about this statistic is that only 8 of these chances have been converted to assists. This says a lot about our wastefulness in front of goal and our poor quality of strikers, specifically Torres this season. It also represents our poor early season style of play or lack thereof, where we struggling to open up lanes for the attacking players and the passing was slow and ponderous. Of course, the inclusion of Matic has improved our playing style a lot as the guy can dictate play from deep and his passes (mostly vertical) are played with ferocious pace and intent.

Consider that Hazard had 20 assists last season, though admittedly, it took him 60+ games to do that. Now if Hazard played for a team that had a striker, he would probably have had 20 assists in 40+ games this season, a number that matches his extraordinary creative outlay. Then maybe the ignorant people who think the "assists" stats tells you all you need to know about a player's creative output would have a rethink. You hear some clueless Liverpool fans say that Luis Suarez is a more creative player than Hazard because he has more assists than him.

Another thing is that he's a match-winner and a big game player. He was the star against European Champions, Bayern, though he spent majority of the game playing on the counter and chasing shadows. The star against Liverpool and his wonder goal sparked the comeback. Was unplayable in that classic game vs City. Superb against Gala as well. He also won us the points against the likes of Hull, Norwich, Swansea, Schalke and so on. If not for him, we will struggle to make top four. Some say he was "poor" from Aug-November but wasn't the Bayern match in these months? Norwich, Cardiff, Schalke, West Brom all in these months too. Was he also "poor" these games? The reality is that all our attacking players were suffering because we were still struggling to adapt to Jose's ideas and tactics. Remember how the media was already saying Jose had lost it and stuff. Hazard was getting double, tripled teamed by some teams because these teams could see we were struggling to play any sort of cohesive football and shafted our greatest creative threat. Martinez was the first coach to realize this.

Also, Bale was anonymous for the first half of the season when he won Spurs POTY and league POTY, but that didn't stop Spurs fans and the PL from unanimously voting for him. Spurs fans could have easily voted for Vertognhen because he was consistent throughout, but they voted for their best player and match winner, why can't we?

It will be a great shame if Hazard doesn't get recognition by the fans of this football club after his amazing year. If he doesn't win the award then what chance does he have of winning the big individual awards? It's funny how some people go for Hazard as PL POTY but these same people go for someone else for CFC POTY. Mata won this award back to back after having two inferior (yes) seasons compared to Hazard's this season. The boy for some reason is getting under-appreciated by our fans and it upsets me. I also feel deep down that he will be very upset if he doesn't win Chelsea POTY. Winning this is very important to his development as the face of the CFC brand because of the media attention such an award gets. The kid doesn't even get the attention he deserves yet compared to some of his overrated age-mates (Gotze, Neymar). It will be bizzare if Hazard is in the premier league team of the year and Azpilicueta is not then Azpilicueta wins CFC POTY.

Many people on twitter are voting for Azpilicueta. I GET Azpilicueta, I appreciate his work in an unfamiliar position. He is an AMAZING fullback, but he is not our best player this season and more importantly, he is NOT a match-winner, mostly because of the position he plays. I was calling for him to be our RB early in the season when he couldn't even get into the team. I think we would be a top 4 team without Azpi in the team but we won't be one without Hazard. I also don't see what makes a guy like Cahill any more or less deserving than Azpilicueta, tbh. Azpi was not even a starter in the team till November.

Hazard should be Chelsea's Player of the year and Azpilicueta should be the Player's player of the year. That is fair and just to both guys.

http://www.chelseafc...yer-of-the-year (Votes) I LOVE Azpi just as the next CFC supporter out there, but I'm sorry, I'm voting for Eden.

I actually do think Eden should be POTY but Azpi is an equally good shout for a different reason.

Eden's best performances have been better than anyone else's, and they've been match-winning performances in a lot of cases. Against Fulham he took charge and put in probably the best individual performance of this season. Against Man City he was imperious and probably solidified his status as a true top talent. But he's also put in some quieter performances where you wonder why he isn't just driving at defenders and taking shots. He's still good in those games but you want a little more from him, and I suspect that will come in time.

Azpi on the other hand has probably been one of the three best players on the pitch in every game he's played. Everything is done with maximum effort and minimal fuss, despite him still being played out of position (although there's a good case to be made that he's very much a left-back now). I actually think it would be right for him to be players' player (something which typically rewards hard-work and consistency) rather than POTY (which is usually a bit more about the 'star' players).

But if the fans want to reward the most consistent, hard-working player then I'm not going to find fault with that. Eden will probably have many more chances to win POTY and it's actually a nice problem to have.

Can people stop talking about CPOTY in here? This is about Hazard, not about Azpi, Cahill or Cole...

Hope he gets fit for the crucial games!

btw, last years injury? was it Calf or hamstrings? At first they said 2 weeks back then (if I remember correctly), then turned out to be 4?

It will be a great shame if Hazard doesn't get recognition by the fans of this football club after his amazing year. If he doesn't win the award then what chance does he have of winning the big individual awards? It's funny how some people go for Hazard as PL POTY but these same people go for someone else for CFC POTY. Mata won this award back to back after having two inferior (yes) seasons compared to Hazard's this season. The boy for some reason is getting under-appreciated by our fans and it upsets me. I also feel deep down that he will be very upset if he doesn't win Chelsea POTY. Winning this is very important to his development as the face of the CFC brand because of the media attention such an award gets. The kid doesn't even get the attention he deserves yet compared to some of his overrated age-mates (Gotze, Neymar). It will be bizzare if Hazard is in the premier league team of the year and Azpilicueta is not then Azpilicueta wins CFC POTY.

Many people on twitter are voting for Azpilicueta. I GET Azpilicueta, I appreciate his work in an unfamiliar position. He is an AMAZING fullback, but he is not our best player this season and more importantly, he is NOT a match-winner, mostly because of the position he plays. I was calling for him to be our RB early in the season when he couldn't even get into the team. I think we would be a top 4 team without Azpi in the team but we won't be one without Hazard. I also don't see what makes a guy like Cahill any more or less deserving than Azpilicueta, tbh. Azpi was not even a starter in the team till November.

Wtf are you talking about?

This is not a fucking Hazard FC, it's Chelsea FC.

And POTY is not awarded to the best individual, it is simply Player of the Year award ffs.