Eden Hazard

the wes

I have always said the one man team term is deceptive.

Liverpool's record without Suarez in his 10 game ban was won 7 drew 2, 09/10 every man and his dog said we won't cope without Drogba and we won every game he didn't play.
When the 'one man team' is out other's feel a higher sense off responsibility, you felt that with Schurrle and Willian vs PSG and when Drogba was away, Anelka always filled in and brung home the bacon.

I saw that interview. They basically asked him to compare Eden to Ibra, to witch he replied that they were very different players but at the same time complimentary. It's a combination of French journalists asking suggestive questions and the British journalists then misinterpreting / mistranslating in order to stir shit up and get clicks.

don't worry. he's not going anywhere in the next 2 years atleast imo.

You can't get a match-winner if you're conceding goals at the back. Remove Azpi , and everything crumbles. He's fought his way into the team and deserves it. Hazard is the best player in the team by a country mile, but for what Azpilicueta did this season, he deserves it more.

You can't get a match-winner if you're conceding goals at the back. Remove Azpi , and everything crumbles. He's fought his way into the team and deserves it. Hazard is the best player in the team by a country mile, but for what Azpilicueta did this season, he deserves it more.

That's where I disagree. Without Azpilicueta, we have Ashley Cole. Since when did Ashley become such a bum that he is a unable to do a job when called upon? Just last season, we were calling him the best LB in the world. Has he become a bad player that he can't do a similar job to Azpi, god forbid he gets injured? Saying the defense will "crumble" is a huge exaggeration in line with some people on the Azpi thread calling for him to be this club's captain. Many people are overrating the guy all of a sudden, while underrating our star performer, Eden.

And if Hazard is our best player by a country mile and if he's our best player this season then he has to win the award. It's simple logic. But because the likes of Cahill and Azpiliecueta deserve recognition, that's why I want them to win Player's player of the year award, not Player of the year. That belongs to Eden. The award is not for most improved player, fan's favourite, best professional or hardest worker, but best player.

That's where I disagree. Without Azpilicueta, we have Ashley Cole. Since when did Ashley become such a bum that he is a unable to do a job when called upon? Saying the defense will "crumble" is a huge exaggeration in line with some people on the Azpi thread calling for him to be this club's captain.

And if Hazard is our best player by a country mile and if he's our best player this season then he has to win the award. It's simple logic. But because the likes of Cahill and Azpiliecueta deserve recognition, that's why I want them to win Player's player of the year award, not Player of the year. That belongs to Eden.

Ashley Cole isn't our most solid option. We all know what happened at Newcastle. This is what I don't like. To bring one player up, you bring another player down. Outright stupidity. The offense will crumble without Hazard is also a huge exaggeration. We overcame a 3-1 deficit without him too. But that is not my point as I won't stoop so low.

Hazard's had a terrific season, but so has Azpilicueta. He's put his heart and soul onto the pitch when others have failed to. The defense will crumble. You might not realize his tactical duty cause it is quite a funny one to understand. Playing in an un-natural position, with your fellow full-back bombing forward and spending most of the time in the other half, you have to realize what you can do to help the team defensively. That's exactly what he's done. I want him to be the POTY for his sheer hard work in ensuring that other players in the team have a proper foundation to step up on.

He's out best players in terms of talent, best player this season maybe not .

Many people on twitter are voting for Azpilicueta. I GET Azpilicueta, I appreciate his work in an unfamiliar position. He is an AMAZING fullback, but he is not our best player this season and more importantly, he is NOT a match-winner, mostly because of the position he plays. I was calling for him to be our RB early in the season when he couldn't even get into the team. I think we would be a top 4 team without Azpi in the team but we won't be one without Hazard. I also don't see what makes a guy like Cahill any more or less deserving than Azpilicueta, tbh. Azpi was not even a starter in the team till November.

Hazard should be Chelsea's Player of the year and Azpilicueta should be the Player's player of the year. That is fair and just to both guys.

http://www.chelseafc.com/player-of-the-year (Votes)

And what's wrong with people voting for the player they rightfully deem as our most consistent player all season? consistency trumps moments of brilliance everyday. consistency if by far the hardest thing to achieve in sports especially over the course of a full season and it should be duly rewarded.

That's where I disagree. Without Azpilicueta, we have Ashley Cole. Since when did Ashley become such a bum that he is a unable to do a job when called upon? Just last season, we were calling him the best LB in the world. Has he become a bad player that he can't do a similar job to Azpi, god forbid he gets injured? Saying the defense will "crumble" is a huge exaggeration in line with some people on the Azpi thread calling for him to be this club's captain. Many people are overrating the guy all of a sudden, while underrating our star performer, Eden.

And if Hazard is our best player by a country mile and if he's our best player this season then he has to win the award. It's simple logic. But because the likes of Cahill and Azpiliecueta deserve recognition, that's why I want them to win Player's player of the year award, not Player of the year. That belongs to Eden. The award is not for most improved player, fan's favourite, best professional or hardest worker, but best player.

Since 2011 when he's been dominated by every decent winger in the league such as Valencia, Walcott, Nani, Aaron freaking lennon et al. he turns into bambi on ice whenever he faces any winger worth his salt the same cannot be said of Azpillicueta who is virtually unbeatable and absolute monster against anyone.

Also his attacking contribution is non existent nowadays to make up for his sharp decline as a defender. so no Ashley can no longer do a job, nevermind to the level that azpillicueta has reached this season, on a consistent basis.

And what's wrong with people voting for the player they rightfully deem as our most consistent player all season? consistency trumps moments of brilliance everyday. consistency if by far the hardest thing to achieve in sports especially over the course of a full season and it should be duly rewarded.

It's easier to be "consistent" when you aren't relied upon for goals and creativity. When you aren't double-marked and when you don't have the shit kicked out of you with alacrity with zero protection from PL refs. Over the course of a full season? Azpi wasn't even a starter till November, how is that a full season? I LOVE him, but please.

And is Azpilicueta anymore consistent than Cahill or Terry (who by the way have really been consistent for the entire season and are more crucial because their back-up is David fucking Luiz) this season? I've watched all the games and I say no.

Since 2011 when he's been dominated by every decent winger in the league such as Valencia, Walcott, Nani, Aaron freaking lennon et al. he turns into bambi on ice whenever he faces any winger worth his salt the same cannot be said of Azpillicueta who is virtually unbeatable and absolute monster against anyone.

The same guy who kept Robben in his pocket in the Super Cup? Why remember the good but not the bad?

If you can't relate to my two long comments above, ignore them and know I wasn't talking to you.

That's where I disagree. Without Azpilicueta, we have Ashley Cole. Since when did Ashley become such a bum that he is a unable to do a job when called upon? Just last season, we were calling him the best LB in the world.

Mate, Cole's been shit for three years now and there were a lot of us who objected him being given that contract extension with ridiculous wages last year. Still good on his day but nowhere near consistent enough to be a regular for a top club anymore. Some people have just been either too blind or too ignorant to see his decline but since Mourinho dropped him everyone's been hopping onto the bandwagon.

It's easier to be "consistent" when you aren't relied upon for goals and creativity. When you aren't double-marked and when you don't have the shit kicked out of you with alacrity with zero protection from PL refs. Over the course of a full season? Azpi wasn't even a starter till November, how is that a full season? I LOVE him, but please.

And is Azpilicueta anymore consistent than Cahill or Terry (who by the way have really been consistent for the entire season and are more crucial because their back-up is David fucking Luiz) this season? I've watched all the games and I say no.

So according to you, goals and creativity are the one and only benchmark towards winning a POTY. Hazard can score, but what's the use if he's scoring one while we concede two? Just because he was a starter doesn't mean that he can't win the POTY. The main thing is while Juan and Kevin failed to fight their way into the team, Azpilicueta did through sheer determination. It doesn't seem like you do.

Tactically, JT and Azpilicueta have been by far our most consistent players. Cahill had a rough start to this season but is now one of our best defenders.

The same guy who kept Robben in his pocket in the Super Cup? Why remember the good but not the bad?

The same Cole who also forgot the basics of defending at Newcastle. Its ironic how you say that when constantly bringing up the fact that Azpilicueta didn't start until November.

It's pathetic that you have to discredit a fantastic player totally worthy and deserving of POTY in order to make your case for hazard winning the award. Ask your self this question. why do you think Azpilicueta is a front runner for the award over Hazard.

Vote for Azpi and let Hazard win nothing again even though he has been our most consistent attacking player and our best player this season. I could care less really. The league will give him no individual award but will put him in their team of the year while Coleman will be the LB in the team of the year. Ironic really, but not so much for Eden. Under-appreciated yet again, but a slave to his apparent inconsistency. He will never be consistent till he's Messi or Ronaldo in the eyes of some even though his performances are on par with the Reus', Bale's, Ribery's and Robben's of the world.