Eden Hazard

the wes

Why do people keep comparing him to Ronaldo? I don't get it. Ronaldo has never been a great dribbler, he's just blessed with amazing pace, power and athleticism. Don't let the flicks, back heels and occasional trick fool you.

Ronaldo is a pure forward and goalscorer. Eden is more of a creator with a playing style is reminiscent to Messi except nowhere near as explosive. He has the same combination of lightning acceleration, close control, balance & deceptive strength. Only difference is Messi is a killer, Eden doesn't have the same mentality......yet.

Agree with this. The only similar player to Eden is Ribery.

Agree with this. The only similar player to Eden is Ribery.

Good shout. One thing that sets Hazard apart from other wingers is that he rarely loses the ball. Alot of wingers give it away a few times before they actually beat a man. Not Eden, He seems to always keep it. With more coaching from Jose I think he'll be hitting 25-30 goals in all competitions.

Said from day one that people should stop comparing Hazard to Messi or Ronaldo, the only top player that has similar style is Ribery. Eden has the potential to be better than Franck though.

We all know this deep down in our minds. But we just hope he becomes close to ronaldo/messi level, scoring 25-30 goals a season instead of just being at ribery's level :(

Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard has told BBC's Football Focus he wants to step up to the level of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Belgian, 23, has been in brilliant form for the Blues this season, scoring 11 goals in 34 appearances.

"These players are the best on the planet," he said of Barcelona's Messi and Real Madrid's Ronaldo.

"They score one, two, three goals every game. It's something you've got to aim for - to go up to get to their level."

Argentina forward Messi, 26, and Portugal counterpart Ronaldo, 29, have won the last six World Player of the Year titles between them.

Hazard for opposition

Eden Hazard embarked on 16 dribbles v Man City - no other player in the game made more than six

Hazard, who joined Chelsea from Lille in 2012 for a reported £32m, added: "They are obviously top, top level players.

"To get to their level, it's a case of working hard every day in training, enjoying myself and expressing myself as much as I can on the football field."

Hazard also stated that he is rightly considered as one of the stars of world football.

"I'd probably say I'm up there with some of the best, but we've got to realise there are lots and lots of good players in the world," he continued.

"What I would like to do is shed the adjective 'young' because that would mean I've crossed that barrier and gone one step further in my career."

We all know this deep down in our minds. But we just hope he becomes close to ronaldo/messi level, scoring 25-30 goals a season instead of just being at ribery's level :(

With Eden, it's rather a 'hope' thing if he'll get to that level or not. He'll definitely reach Ribery levels (well I expect him to anyway) but to say for sure whether he'll get to that Ronaldo/Messi level? I don't know... Those two are being talked about as being the best in the whole history of football, only a very select few reach that level. It's too much IMO to expect Eden to certainly reach that level.

I'm not expecting Eden to reach that level because I don't want to set unrealistic expectations for him but who knows how he'll continue to develop. He's already a fantastic footballer, whether he'll be considered as one of the best ever we shall see but personally I'll be happy if we get Ribery level consistency from Eden at least. What I am liking now however is the fact that he now realises that he can be remembered as one of the best if things go his way and if he works hard enough (kudos to the likes of Mourinho and Eto'o for opening his eyes in that regards).

If he does however end up becoming one of the greatest ever then we'll be lucky to have him at our club (we are already tbh but we'll be even luckier). We'll see what happens.

Ribery scores 15-20 a season just like Eden.

I know. Ribery is a 15 goals, 20 assists player. Fantastic for every team to have. Hazard should have had more assists than he's had now. Against stoke, mancity and westham alone he created 3 clear goal chances per match.

But he's not shooting, enough in my opinion. His shooting is at about 1.5-2 shots per game which is low for his quality on the ball.

Matches like against westham where even lampard is missing clear cut chances, we need him to take the mantle and bail us out sometimes.

If he shoots more, he'll get better at it, and I'm sure he'll surpass ribery's level quicker than we expect. This is what he needs to do to step up.

Probably if hazard gets 25goals, 20assists every season, that is world class level above ribery and that's where I want him to be at.

I laughed out loud at number 4. But to each their own...

They have the story on globoesporte and even the Brazilians are laughing at him picking Robinho in the comments section :lol:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/futebol-ingles/noticia/2014/02/hazard-poe-ronaldinho-gaucho-e-robinho-entre-seus-idolos-no-futebol.html