Eden Hazard

the wes

Watching the goal against Sparta brings me back to a comment I made during Brazil's match against Portugal.

This goal right here reminds me a lot of the goal Neymar scored for us Tuesday... I'm someone who avoids comparisons in general. I hate comparing players because no one is supposed to be like someone else. But I can make a few exceptions here and there and I like to compare styles.

But when I was watching Neymar dribbling the heck out of Portugal's midfield and defense it reminded me of Eden. He has the talent, the technique and the ability to dribble, to make space out of nowhere, go get rid of two, three opponents marking him. I wonder why he doesn't do it more... he needs to do it more.

This vid shows he's smooth - or was we say in portuguese slippery. He can pass through opponents and I wish he had more confidence to do it more often. I can only blame lack of confidence and I wonder if Mourinho has been talking to him about it. I feel like maybe he's insecure of dribbling and losing the ball and lead to judgment, criticism and even reprehension from the managers and maybe even the fans.

I hope he plays his game more freely and start stop caring if he's going to succeed or not. Or maybe the reason is something completely different. It can't be Mourinho's presence... if there was a team that had plenty of dribblers was RM. Mourinho supports talent. I don't want him to overdo it like Neymar and I definitely don't want him to have the same antics Neymar uses (feigning aggression by opponents, diving, falling at every tiny touch on him), but I'd love for him to be as carefree as Neymar is when it comes to dribble. They're both just talented and although Eden dives a bit himself, he's twice a fair player than Neymar is and for him to reach the wonders I know he can reach he needs to start playing more carefree and caring less if the dribble will go as he plans or not... My expectations on Eden are huge and I admit I'm sort of anxious to see him deliver everything I know he will. But the sooner the better if you ask me :P

Watching the goal against Sparta brings me back to a comment I made during Brazil's match against Portugal.

This goal right here reminds me a lot of the goal Neymar scored for us Tuesday... I'm someone who avoids comparisons in general. I hate comparing players because no one is supposed to be like someone else. But I can make a few exceptions here and there and I like to compare styles.

But when I was watching Neymar dribbling the heck out of Portugal's midfield and defense it reminded me of Eden. He has the talent, the technique and the ability to dribble, to make space out of nowhere, go get rid of two, three opponents marking him. I wonder why he doesn't do it more... he needs to do it more.

This vid shows he's smooth - or was we say in portuguese slippery. He can pass through opponents and I wish he had more confidence to do it more often. I can only blame lack of confidence and I wonder if Mourinho has been talking to him about it. I feel like maybe he's insecure of dribbling and losing the ball and lead to judgment, criticism and even reprehension from the managers and maybe even the fans.

I hope he plays his game more freely and start stop caring if he's going to succeed or not. Or maybe the reason is something completely different. It can't be Mourinho's presence... if there was a team that had plenty of dribblers was RM. Mourinho supports talent. I don't want him to overdo it like Neymar and I definitely don't want him to have the same antics Neymar uses (feigning aggression by opponents, diving, falling at every tiny touch on him), but I'd love for him to be as carefree as Neymar is when it comes to dribble. They're both just talented and although Eden dives a bit himself, he's twice a fair player than Neymar is and for him to reach the wonders I know he can reach he needs to start playing more carefree and caring less if the dribble will go as he plans or not... My expectations on Eden are huge and I admit I'm sort of anxious to see him deliver everything I know he will. But the sooner the better if you ask me :P

He already does in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1hs-Cxjno

The great thing about him is that he knows when to dribble and when to pass.

He already does in my opinion.

The great thing about him is that he knows when to dribble and when to pass.

never said he doesn't... just that he doesn't do it enough. In matches like the one against Manchester United he's the guy who could make a difference even if there were 2-3 players marking him. He's our most talented player by a mile, but he needs to do it often. Every match a few times otherwise the high ceiling he has will continue to be that... a ceiling. That's why Mourinho says there's a difference between potential and talent.

Again, I'm not desperate to see it, just anxious... I can wait, I'm quiet patient, I just wish I knew why he doesn't try it more often.

never said he doesn't... just that he doesn't do it enough. In matches like the one against Manchester United he's the guy who could make a difference even if there were 2-3 players marking him. He's our most talented player by a mile, but he needs to do it often. Every match a few times otherwise the high ceiling he has will continue to be that... a ceiling. That's why Mourinho says there's a difference between potential and talent.

Again, I'm not desperate to see it, just anxious... I can wait, I'm quiet patient, I just wish I knew why he doesn't try it more often.

That Utd game was very tactical, everybody was being pressed by 2-3 players at all times and there was very little space. I tend to accept the players' judgement, if somebody with Hazard's skill and ability doesn't want to risk losing the ball then he knows what he's doing. Sport is about picking your moments and going for the high-percentage opportunities, simply attempting to do something more often doesn't neccesarily lead to better results.

That Utd game was very tactical, everybody was being pressed by 2-3 players at all times and there was very little space. I tend to accept the players' judgement, if somebody with Hazard's skill and ability doesn't want to risk losing the ball then he knows what he's doing. Sport is about picking your moments and going for the high-percentage opportunities, simply attempting to do something more often doesn't neccesarily lead to better results.

I suppose we disagree on the subject then, mate. Because it's exactly tactical matches like that that you rely on your most talented players to get it done for you. He will do it more often. I may be wrong, but I guess I read way earlier in this thread from people that follow him since he was at Lille that he used to be more carefree and bold while playing there... I'm sure though that they told us repeatedly that we haven't seen yet the Eden Hazard that played in Lille... that's he's just getting started. And I do hope he starts taking some risks... safe football isn't for players like him. And if he lost the ball, the same way there were 2-3 players pressing him in their field, not ours - they would have been pressed right back.

Also I'm a Brazilian... the way we see - and play - football is much riskier - hence why we are who we are in terms of NT, but also in terms of providing so many good players ever since the 50's with few and short period of talent drought. It's more about the thinking and how we approach the sport than only talent.

I suppose we disagree on the subject then, mate. Because it's exactly tactical matches like that that you rely on your most talented players to get it done for you. He will do it more often. I may be wrong, but I guess I read way earlier in this thread from people that follow him since he was at Lille that he used to be more carefree and bold while playing there... I'm sure though that they told us repeatedly that we haven't seen yet the Eden Hazard that played in Lille... that's he's just getting started. And I do hope he starts taking some risks... safe football isn't for players like him. And if he lost the ball, the same way there were 2-3 players pressing him in their field, not ours - they would have been pressed right back.

Also I'm a Brazilian... the way we see - and play - football is much riskier - hence why we are who we are in terms of NT, but also in terms of providing so many good players ever since the 50's with few and short period of talent drought. It's more about the thinking and how we approach the sport than only talent.

I understand and I'm not advocating that players shouldn't take risk. Players like Hazard are game changers, but it's a judgement call and I trust their decisions. I have no doubt that he can get past almost any defender but sometimes less is more.

I've seen nearly all his matches at Lille. And except his first 6 months, where he would dribble with such speed that the rest of the team couldn't follow him, his game has never been about dribbling as much as possible.

On some matches, he had to force things to make things happen but his favorite game is more about quick combinations, one touch deviation (like his backheels in the path of a runner). I think he prefers running towards a zone, drawing defenders to release a runner into space.

The guy dribbling without thinking and not knowing what he would do next was Gervinho at Lille.

True. I think what hazard is lacking is taking more responsibility, i'll give some examples.

• When barcelona is losing, messi takes matters into his hands and dribbles 4 players and smashes the ball in the corner.
  • When madrid is losing, ronaldo just comes to life blitz through people with pace and sometimes smashes the ball from long distances to score.
  • Last season when tottenham were loosing bale took matters into his hands, beats a few defenders and smashes the ball from long range to win a lot of matches for tottenham
  • In brazil, when the matches gets tough, neymar often goes on a solo run and creates an assist or scores.

When you compare all these teams, people say they are one man teams but its about their best players taking more responsibilities when their team needs them.

Thats what hazard needs to do more often now just like the bayern game. He decided to use his natural talent when we needed him. Both goals we scored was directly due to hazards impact and long may that continue.

I've seen nearly all his matches at Lille. And except his first 6 months, where he would dribble with such speed that the rest of the team couldn't follow him, his game has never been about dribbling as much as possible.

On some matches, he had to force things to make things happen but his favorite game is more about quick combinations, one touch deviation (like his backheels in the path of a runner). I think he prefers running towards a zone, drawing defenders to release a runner into space.

The guy dribbling without thinking and not knowing what he would do next was Gervinho at Lille.

True. I think what hazard is lacking is taking more responsibility, i'll give some examples.

• When barcelona is losing, messi takes matters into his hands and dribbles 4 players and smashes the ball in the corner.
  • When madrid is losing, ronaldo just comes to life blitz through people with pace and sometimes smashes the ball from long distances to score.
  • Last season when tottenham were loosing bale took matters into his hands, beats a few defenders and smashes the ball from long range to win a lot of matches for tottenham
  • In brazil, when the matches gets tough, neymar often goes on a solo run and creates an assist or scores.

When you compare all these teams, people say they are one man teams but its about their best players taking more responsibilities when their team needs them.

Thats what hazard needs to do more often now just like the bayern game. He decided to use his natural talent when we needed him. Both goals we scored was directly due to hazards impact and long may that continue.

between the two of you, kellz is the one who understood what I meant (his post is perfect)... I never meant for him to overdo it. Just to do it when we frigging need him to do it because he failed to solve games for us when he's the one that has more quality to solve them.

RT @chelseafc: Hazard: "some call me Hazzie, which I like. But, Eddie is probably my favourite..." #CFCQA

Lolz!! Eddie rofl

I wonder if Mourinho is the one who started calling him that or if he followed others calling him that. :P

@Barbara I find it more hilarious that he actually likes it!!!

@Belgiannutt seriously!! How hard is it to pronounce Eden!!! (Unless I'm pronouncing it wrong :( I only just realized I was pronouncing Courtois name wrong) screw you Belgians and your ridiculously hard to pronounce names :P