Eden Hazard

the wes

I don't think Hazard is chubby or fat. He's just very muscular for his size.

Hazard isn't a preseason player. With his relax attitude he's at his best when playing games under pressure.

Good example of this was the 7 or 8 flicks,backheels in the frist 15 minutes with only 2 or 3 coming off. XD

I think in games where there's no real pressure his creative side seems to get the better of him.

In a PL game he would never try this many flicks and backheels.

Couple of things i've noticed watching preseason.

He's still not 100% sharp. good example of this was when he had the ball perfectly in front of his left foot to take the shot but tried to cut inside again after already fooling the defender.

His tracking back has improved. multiple examples of this in the preseason games. Although one thing i've noticed is that when the oppositions right back overlaps his winger and our left back pushes up and sticks with the winger Hazard doesn't always stick with the right back. He sometimes gives him a couple of yards headstart which could be dangerous if exploited. Something to work on.

He's been making a lot more runs in behind the defense then he did last season. example that diagonal run in the second half against Inter.

How strong is this guy with his back towards the goal. Many times the Inter defender was just running into Hazard's back over and over again and Hazard was just keeping his balance and holding the defender off, shielding the ball.

He did end up losing the ball most of the time when doing this but that was because he held onto the ball for too long and a second or third Inter player would then corner him and disposes him. (would credit this due too lack of sharpness)

Still though he's a freaking beast when holding up the ball.

Edit: Also loved the Hazard-Mata connection. It's awesome.

I haven't watched the game, was he that bad? Goal.com says he did good...

He just failed to do his usual "run at defenders with no problem" thing.. seemed like he wasn't really trying too hard, but that was just for the start of the game, later on he gave some good passes but haven't done as much as he usually does.

So not a terrible game but certainly not a good one.

i seriously dont care how he has played in the friendlies but what bothers me is that he is looking a little chubby/flabby.

Lol.. :lol:

That's funny thing to get worked up on..People change appearance over time..especially the face (take a look at Lampard then and now for instance)

It doesn't mean fitness is lacking.

He was always good in strength and balance, something that surprised me last season seeing how "un-physical" he looks.

His strength and balance were always good and often underrated due to his size. However I found them more impressing than ever this last game. Belgiannut apparantly also noticed this.

Lol.. :lol:

That's funny thing to get worked up on..People change appearance over time..especially the face (take a look at Lampard then and now for instance)

It doesn't mean fitness is lacking.

over a period of 10-12 years and in one pre-season. plus lamps was not a winger whose best asset was his trickery and pace.

In the first 15 minutes everything he tried failed, but after that he grew into the game and played fairly well.

Don't think so. He was average at best. Some of the things he did was good like his flick-ons and link up play with Cole but there were other times and quite a number of them where it was frustrating. He was overdoing and over-complicating things on the ball. Tried to do too much with the ball and not keeping things simple enough as well as at time holding onto the ball a tad too long when he could have released it earlier to keep the attack going or relieve the pressure defensively (when he tracks back).