Eden Hazard

the wes

Chelsea fans love Mata, and for good reason. There's no need for comparisons to begin with.

As a Belgian I understand your inferiority complex, and the need to overly praise another Belgian without reason, but please dude, be sensible.

are you blind? he's faster, stronger and far more technical ahahah

Actually Mata is currently WAY better than Hazard...

Hazards first season though, so we'll see what happens this year...

Hazard does have potential, but so does Mata

At the end of the day they are both Chelsea players - so lets all agree that's a good thing right?

And whoever keeps saying they will go to Real Madrid - REALLY? Madrid < London and Spanish Football is a 2 horse race, like the German league - why do you think the Premiership attracts so much investment? Is it because England has great weather? Or is such a successful National Team? NO BECAUSE BOTH OF THOSE SUCK! It's because 1 of 5 teams has the potential every year to win the league, and that's what keeps people interested and players at the top of their game...

Ignoring bob's trolling, I don't think it's fair to say Mata is "WAY better than Hazard". I think Hazard brings out the best in Mata. It's true that it's common for a player to improve in their second season, but in Mata's case I think a large part of that is also that he has less creative responsibility with players like Mata and Oscar in the team. In terms of pure talent I think Hazard has more, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he posts better stats this coming season than Mata does. If we absolutely had to let one of them go I think I would rather keep Hazard, but thankfully we're not in that position and can have the best of both worlds.

Mourinho will make Hazard a complete player. I can see his time working C.Ronaldo being a big factor with helping Eden evolve. Thy are different types of player but essentialy they both play the wing in a very similar way. With a player like Ronaldo you don't really have to tell him how to play footy and the same with Eden but Mou will polish his stronger attributes and brush up on the weaker areas of hisgame.

I am still not sure why people see Ronaldo in hazard. If you are talking about bale, yes it make sense. Hazard is completely different player. He will never be physically imposing as Ronaldo or as strong as him.

I prefer to compare hazard to Messi. Similar built, similar playing style. Of course at this point their level is not even close. But if eden can improve his game and can be close to Messi level, I will be more than happy.

I think saying his performance was 'just ok' is very, very wrong. He had a great start and a fantastic season ending. The intermediate period - 2 months + suspended time - he was on and off ok to good.

Saying he had a 'just ok' season is quite unintelligible, i think - especially in his first PL year.

Let's see this comparison with our finest - Mata. It clearly shows Hazards impact in his maiden year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1622506-juan-mata-vs-eden-hazard-revealing-stats-to-separate-the-chelsea-pair

If you go further and compare the performances scores on Whoscored

Hazard: 7.31

Mata: 7.24

Oscar: 7.00

Lampard: 7.06

So ..... Hazard does have a huge, huge ceiling, which may tempt you to say he was just ok .... But i find it very harsh and unfounded.

Every player needs an other aproach.

I think this one suits Hazard very well, Mourinho will bring the best out of this boy.

Before Eden played a game for Chelsea i said the first season he would play alright and would show good soccer regularly.

Second season he would be the best player from Chelsea and the 3th season he would be in the top5 players of the world.

As you see i have high expectations :dance:

Actually Mata is currently WAY better than Hazard...

Hazards first season though, so we'll see what happens this year...

Hazard does have potential, but so does Mata

At the end of the day they are both Chelsea players - so lets all agree that's a good thing right?

And whoever keeps saying they will go to Real Madrid - REALLY? Madrid < London and Spanish Football is a 2 horse race, like the German league - why do you think the Premiership attracts so much investment? Is it because England has great weather? Or is such a successful National Team? NO BECAUSE BOTH OF THOSE SUCK! It's because 1 of 5 teams has the potential every year to win the league, and that's what keeps people interested and players at the top of their game...

Agree with everything you said...but Mata is not "WAY Better" than Hazard...

Also, I feel Hazard's ceiling is much higher than Mata's...

All in All, there's no doubting that both of them are quality players..

I am still not sure why people see Ronaldo in hazard. If you are talking about bale, yes it make sense. Hazard is completely different player. He will never be physically imposing as Ronaldo or as strong as him.

I prefer to compare hazard to Messi. Similar built, similar playing style. Of course at this point their level is not even close. But if eden can improve his game and can be close to Messi level, I will be more than happy.

I did say they are different types of player but they do both play the wing. There are similarities in the way they start wide and enjoy success by cutting in.

Mata is def better at the moment, but Hazard is more talented. It'll be close between them this season as I expect Hazard to improve. Mata had the better season without a doubt. On top form though, Hazard probably eclipsed Mata but it didn't happen often last season especially during mid-season when Hazard was distinctly average. This year, I expect more burden on Hazard and more consistent performances. That said, I personally think KDB is the most talented player in our team.

I think because his game is not flashy and sometimes he looks very slow and weak.

But his game is really2 effective

I always catch myself asking how is this guy so productive? Small, slow, and doesn't really dribble past players. But time n time Mata finds a way to be the best player on the pitch.