Eden Hazard

the wes

He had some nice words about chelsea legends terry, lamps and cole in a belgian newspaper today saying that he learned alot of them the past season.

He also said that they are just normal guys who arrives first and leaves the last on the training grounds and thats exactly the path he wanne follow

Let's be serious for one minute. J'adore Eden Hazard, and he has incredible potential. But will he become as good as Ronaldo or Messi? It's possible, but in my opinion improbable. Ronaldo and Messi are absolute freaks of nature. But I genuinely believe EH17 can become the next best player in world football. He definitely has that ability.

I agree he can become a future ballon d'or winner but i doubt he will ever score 40+ goals a season consistently, he just doesn't have that selfish mentality like Messi and Ronaldo. Hazard isn't driven by goals, he is all to happy to create goals rather than score himself plus he will need the team to be built around him and for the whole team to play for him and to always look to give him the ball to score! i cant see any of that happening. But what i can see is Hazard being a 20+ goals and assists a season player! which would be incredible if he could do that consistently.

It would probably make more sense to say he could reach the levels of Ronaldinho in his prime rather than Messi or Ronaldo.

I think he's overall had a good first year in Premier League, it took time but he adapted well to the team and league.

Right now he scored 9 goals and delivered 9 assists, it would be nice to get one more in each at least, to get to the symbolical 10/10. It would be a good basis to work on for the next season, with the objective to get even more decisive.

He clearly has the potential to score more than 15 goals and delivering 15 assists every year in Premier League. He has to work on his consistency and find the same confidence that drove him when he was at Lille, where he happily took his responsabilities knowing he was the best player of the team.

I really hope Mourinho will see he has to play as CAM or just behind the striker to touch as much the ball as possible, the only way he can get to his top level.

I think he's overall had a good first year in Premier League, it took time but he adapted well to the team and league.

Right now he scored 9 goals and delivered 9 assists, it would be nice to get one more in each at least, to get to the symbolical 10/10. It would be a good basis to work on for the next season, with the objective to get even more decisive.

He clearly has the potential to score more than 15 goals and delivering 15 assists every year in Premier League. He has to work on his consistency and find the same confidence that drove him when he was at Lille, where he happily took his responsabilities knowing he was the best player of the team.

I really hope Mourinho will see he has to play as CAM or just behind the striker to touch as much the ball as possible, the only way he can get to his top level.

But where do we put Mata then?

Its funny that he has been rated higher when played in the center, taking advantage of more touches on the ball with his speed.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33404

But it would affect mata

Yep, Ribery. They both play very similar and are average at finishing lol.

I think the observation he is average at finishing is just groupthink from this forum. How many goals did he score in his first season again? And how many did CR7 and Messi score in their first season/at that age?

We really are so fast to judge. And I said that even in July.

I think the observation he is average at finishing is just groupthink from this forum. How many goals did he score in his first season again? And how many did CR7 and Messi score in their first season/at that age?

We really are so fast to judge. And I said that even in July.

He can score a cracker but has missed several easy chances this season. If he becomes more clinical in front of goal he can become a 'true' great.

This is just criticising for the sake of it though, he's been amazing

I've finally realised who Hazard reminds me of more than anyone.

Not Ronaldo, not Messi, not Ribery, not Robben.

Yes we can say "he's the first Hazard" blah blah, but if we have to compare him to someone, I think someone almost identical in terms of play is -

Luis Figo.

Well, in my opinion anyway.

I'm not saying this current Hazard compares with in-prime Figo, but I think all the signs are there. I know Figo was more of a winger while Hazard prefers to be a bit more central, but the technique and skills they have/had are uncanny. Not as flashy as, let's say, Ronaldo; but probably more effective with their dribbling and less prolific in-front of goal while racking up huge amounts of assists.

Eden just needs to work on his crossing a bit more I think and voilà.

I don't see him like Ribery at all. Ribery is a proper winger. Yes, he cuts in a bit, but he's one of the only players currently close to a 'traditional winger' these days. He also gets back a lot more than Hazard and is more direct with less trickery.

I wouldn't complain if Hazard turned out like Ribery though!

Well,

I agree he misses once in a while :-) Who doesn't. But still I think it is a bias to say or believe he is bad at finishing. Last season he scored 20 goals in 38 games. That is pretty good finishing for a 20 year old attacking midfielder in my book - not average. I think it IS a bias claiming such things in ones first year EPL. You can attribute some of the poor finishes on this fact and on the fact he still had to adapt - attributing it to his lack of finishing is being short-sighted.

Lets compare to a slightly younger Falcao

2006-07 20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png CA River Plate Primera A 25 7

2007-08 20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png CA River Plate Primera A 39 19

2008-09 20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png CA River Plate Primera A 35 16

He actually did worse than Hazard three seasons in a row but we endow him on this forum with god like finishing. So, your argument fails I fear. To take it further check cavani, another God of finishing:

2007-2008: 33 - 5

2008-2009: 35 - 14

2009-2010: 34 - 13

So also here - Hazard is better, even as a AM. The problem is you are comparing strikers ( or a 9) in their prime with someone that is just starting .... there is no excuse for that in science, there shouldn't be here.

Plus, add the assists and you have one pretty awesome player that is not Messi, Ronaldo or any other. He really is just Hazard - with his own very individual skill set.

Fuck sake. Be happy we have him, appreciate it instead of debating how many angels fit on on the tip of a needle.

Well,

I agree he misses once in a while :-) Who doesn't. But still I think it is a bias to say or believe he is bad at finishing. Last season he scored 20 goals in 38 games. That is pretty good finishing for a 20 year old attacking midfielder in my book - not average. I think it IS a bias claiming such things in ones first year EPL. You can attribute some of the poor finishes on this fact and on the fact he still had to adapt - attributing it to his lack of finishing is being short-sighted.

Plus, add the assists and you have one pretty awesome player that is not Messi, Ronaldo or any other. He really is just Hazard - with his own very individual skill set.

Fuck sake. Be happy we have him, appreciate it instead of debating how many angels fit on on the tip of a needle.

No one was being unhappy about him being a Chelsea player. They are just stating that if he would be a better finisher then.. wow he will be good.

No one was being unhappy about him being a Chelsea player. They are just stating that if he would be a better finisher then.. wow he will be good.

No! They are saying he is an average finisher. I have all the facts highlighted above. Check again. I hate groupthink.