Eden Hazard

the wes

agreed concerning attacking play, but defensively they were pretty much absent.

Now, can you really expect lots of defensive contribution from those 3? Perhaps Oscar is the one who can drop back and add a little in the midfield, something he did not do enough against United, but Mata and Hazard are attackers first.

Actually, Oscar did some defensive work today. I recall him getting back the ball and tackling here and there.

Oscar did track back but there was no one to mark in the middle,Cleverley didnt go forward at all and United kept playing through Valencia,so Hazard was the one who should have tracked back

Not sure if you noticed that the 3 artists swap positions? So you cant just blame 1 person. I've seen Hazard make a strong defensive tackle btw...

All gave their best imo.

btw if you look at the first goal its Mata that's letting go Valencia after he lost the ball & Cole who's too far out of position there...

He was one of our best players today, skinned almost every player.

It's not a full season yet, but i have to say this i think he really has proven me wrong. I thought he would crumble an take some times, i thought he would be a good player for us but not flourish like this, so quick like he did. I'm delighted i have to say, the Hazard-Mata-Oscar trio is like it's already gelled it's amazing, great display from Hazard today well done.

"It takes a brave man to admit his mistakes"

Big up Sloth :blue scalf:

That's 1 down... 1 to go... we still have Lukaku that needs a 2nd opinion :D

"It takes a brave man to admit his mistakes"

Big up Sloth :blue scalf:

That's 1 down... 1 to go... we still have Lukaku that needs a 2nd opinion :D

Well he's been great and I'm delighted, well done to him. Also about Lukaku, definitely, people were writing him off after about 4 fucking games. I've never written him off once, i know he will make it and I've said it from day one, just like i have with De Buryne and McEachran.

Not quite sure why RDM took him off for Sturridge at the end TBH. We needed some creativity and a player capable of magic then when both Mata and Oscar have already been subbed. RDM could and should have sacrificed Mikel for Sturridge instead. Losing 3-2 or 4-2 wouldn't make such a huge difference really.

It was probably to provide more physicality and freshness up front. Since we were down, it was inevitable we'd play more long balls and hopeful crosses, Studge has a better chance of winning them than Hazard. It was cautious not to sub Mikel or Ramires, since there was still time he hoped we'd score from counter-attack with Mata, Studge and Rami bombing forward. Taking one of them away would have greatly reduced our chances of regaining the ball and initiating a counter, while it would have been much more dangerous defensively. I can understand why he did that, Ramires/Mikel alone in the middle wouldn't have worked. The defence needs to be more secure in order to even have possession, otherwise we'd only invite them deeper in our half, which causes only trouble against a side like Utd... and the gap between midfield and attack would reduce, meaning greater chance of losing the ball when playing out of the back. It also gave the full-backs more security going forward, as they were necessary to create width.. had we taken one of our mids away, they wouldn't have been able to do that.

It was probably to provide more physicality and freshness up front. Since we were down, it was inevitable we'd play more long balls and hopeful crosses, Studge has a better chance of winning them than Hazard. It was cautious not to sub Mikel or Ramires, since there was still time he hoped we'd score from counter-attack with Mata, Studge and Rami bombing forward. Taking one of them away would have greatly reduced our chances of regaining the ball and initiating a counter, while it would have been much more dangerous defensively. I can understand why he did that, Ramires/Mikel alone in the middle wouldn't have worked. The defence needs to be more secure in order to even have possession, otherwise we'd only invite them deeper in our half, which causes only trouble against a side like Utd... and the gap between midfield and attack would reduce, meaning greater chance of losing the ball when playing out of the back. It also gave the full-backs more security going forward, as they were necessary to create width.. had we taken one of our mids away, they wouldn't have been able to do that.

Fair point but do think we could do with someone like him who is afraid to run with the ball at the United's defence instead and push them back. Playing the long balls and crosses are just more in hope than anything else, as you pointed out.

Not quite sure why RDM took him off for Sturridge at the end TBH. We needed some creativity and a player capable of magic then when both Mata and Oscar have already been subbed. RDM could and should have sacrificed Mikel for Sturridge instead. Losing 3-2 or 4-2 wouldn't make such a huge difference really.

TBF I really have to think RDM thought the score was still 2-2 (instead of 2-3).

What coach would sub his whole attacking force when you are down by one goal?? I don't care if we had 2 red cards... We ended the game with 4 defenders and 4 midfield players!

I think it's rather hopeful to think that Dave, Ryan, Cahill, or Ash would have a gamewinner in the dying seconds of the game...

Being 2-3 down with only 10 minutes to play... we should had always played 3-4-1 (or even 3-3-2) instead of 4-3-1!!!!

Well he's been great and I'm delighted, well done to him. Also about Lukaku, definitely, people were writing him off after about 4 fucking games. I've never written him off once, i know he will make it and I've said it from day one, just like i have with De Buryne and McEachran.

True!

The future surely looks bright and one can think the Chelsea scouting cell is really improving the last years!! Let's put everything on a well structured youth academy now and things can only get better!

Really delighted too by the way Eden has fitted into our squad immediately. Although I have to say I'm still missing the Eden from Lille. He was decisive in 1 out of 2 games there. But I have high hopes that soon he will become even more important for us as well! De Bruyne & Josh are doing great as well!!!

And for Lukaku... well I think he's finally proving what he's worth at WBA + a player like Lukaku could've really been the player to bring on in yesterday's match against ManU to force a late equalizer!!

Absolutely amazing last night. Dribble past those cunts and made them looked like fucking dead woods. Even Rooney looked like technical inept in front of him.

And he has a big heart I have to say, chasing those cunts all over the pitch and didn't stop fighting for every chances! Salute to Eden!