Eden Hazard

the wes

Penalties are sort of like gambles, you can't be sure you will score one, but Mata's are just awful. He just taps them in but with poor aim. He just places them softly within the centre, left or right, he's missed three penalties for this club now, and scored one that was against QPR i think. So yeah he isn't the best of penalty takers.

But if he scored them it would be a different story for most people, because people don't see the other side to penalties. Where obviously you are different and realistic about it. Say if Neuer saved Drogbas penalty, people would've said it was a very poor penalty, but they didn't because he scored it. But truth be told right now, it was a poor penalty, poor power and not the best of accuracy, had Neuer went left he would've saved it. And If Ashley Coles was saved that night, you couldn't say that was a poor penalty, but no one would've said it's a good one (when it was struck like a beast).

Mata's penalties however are just plain bad.

I don't think you can call a penalty good or bad just by looking at power and placement. Deception is half the battle when it comes to penalties. The short two step run-up Drogba took screws with Neuer's head because he would have seen all of Drogba's penalties and realized wait wtf he's never done this before, now I'm not prepared at all.

Dont see the point in the penalty argument here, Hazards penalties are exactly the same as Mata's but he scores his. If Hazard had all of his saved and Mata's ones that were missed went in it would be a different story. Its not like Hazard wallops his in like Lampard is it, all he does is place it exactly the same as Mata's.

Anyway looking forward to seeing Eden destroy fuck out of the PL!

Dont see the point in the penalty argument here, Hazards penalties are exactly the same as Mata's but he scores his. If Hazard had all of his saved and Mata's ones that were missed went in it would be a different story. Its not like Hazard wallops his in like Lampard is it, all he does is place it exactly the same as Mata's.

Anyway looking forward to seeing Eden destroy fuck out of the PL!

That's usually the difference between a good penalty taker and a bad one LOL. Also, from what I've seen, both his placement and power are better than Mata's.

That's usually the difference between a good penalty taker and a bad one LOL. Also, from what I've seen, both his placement and power are better than Mata's.

Yeah but people are saying Mata's technique for them is poor, when in fact its just the keeper reads it and saves it.. doesn't always mean a poor penalty.

..and as capriccioso stated, his penalty in the CL final was either going into the top corner or row Z.

2012/13 Penalty takers:

1. Lampard

2. Hazard

You are doing wrong here. First you took a penalty were Mata indeed got a good shot, but the GK was lucky.

Its also not very wise to show a miss by Luiz to prove he is not a good penalty taker, since I could put here lot of penalty misses by Lampard, including his pathetic miss at 2006 World Cup, and Mata's aside, his penalty at UCL final was the worst, it was in the middle of the goal and Neuer almost got it.

That does not make Lampard a bad penalty taker. Hazard seems to be a good choice for penaltys, but you could use better arguments.

Another problem with Mata's penalty, apart from going for placement, is that he has only targeted the bottom corner of either side. You can say that the GK guessed it right and all that but he seriously needs to work on his penalty.

Also, Hazard has a short run up which makes it more difficult for keepers.

Short run ups in my opinion are terrible.... Literally most of the worst penalties i have seen were from short runs... I am far more confident the pen will go in when its power over placement.

Edit: Unless your name is Lampard, then you can do both... :D

Short run ups in my opinion are terrible.... Literally most of the worst penalties i have seen were from short runs... I am far more confident the pen will go in when its power over placement.

Yeah, the thing about placement is it only goes in if the Keeper dives the wrong way.

I don't think you can call a penalty good or bad just by looking at power and placement. Deception is half the battle when it comes to penalties. The short two step run-up Drogba took screws with Neuer's head because he would have seen all of Drogba's penalties and realized wait wtf he's never done this before, now I'm not prepared at all.

But you don't know that, no one can base any knowledge on that factor in my opinion. Because you don't know what they've been told to do or what they're thinking and going to do next. As spectators we can only assume by power and aim of how good a penalty is.

You are doing wrong here. First you took a penalty were Mata indeed got a good shot, but the GK was lucky.

Its also not very wise to show a miss by Luiz to prove he is not a good penalty taker, since I could put here lot of penalty misses by Lampard, including his pathetic miss at 2006 World Cup, and Mata's aside, his penalty at UCL final was the worst, it was in the middle of the goal and Neuer almost got it.

That does not make Lampard a bad penalty taker. Hazard seems to be a good choice for penaltys, but you could use better arguments.

David Luiz also missed a penalty for Benfica in the weeks leading up to his transfer, he seems to be rather hit & miss, his conversion rate isn't all that great.

17658223.png

I agree. It was fun at first with the one for Ancelotti, but now it is getting embarrassing.

Yeah I actually dread the moment Hazard hears it, it's worse than Mata's and even that was embarrassing.