Eden Hazard

the wes

My guess is Luiz, Mata, Sturridge, Romeu, Mceachran and Bertrand will all go to the Olympics so we wont be seeing them in Pre-Season! which is annoying! which also means Mata would most likely miss the Community Shield final as well!

My guess is Luiz, Mata, Sturridge, Romeu, Mceachran and Bertrand will all go to the Olympics so we wont be seeing them in Pre-Season! which is annoying! which also means Mata would most likely miss the Community Shield final as well!

I'm not sure about Josh. There is Cleverly and Wilshere and others ahead of him. Really it would be a good thing if he doesn't go. He had a brilliant pre-season last time around (which people have forgotten too easily), hopefully he'll have a similar one and get some decent chances with the team.

What do you reckon will happen?, i keep thinking about this lad and what could happen.

Will this transfer make him?, or break him?. And where will he play exactly?.

I have only seen him play once, that was the England v Belgium game. I don't know how good he is or what he's good at, seen some videos on youtube but they don't count. If he's playing behind the striker then what of Juan Mata?.

What do you think will happen when Hazard comes here?, what will change, will there be major impact?. I don't know much about him at all so i would like to see a lot of opinions and views from other people.

Firstly I think everybody is hoping that this transfer is the making of him for every obvious reason possible. Weather it could potentially be the breaking of his character and a stumbling block in his career if things don't go exactly to plan only time will tell. Luckily he has age on his side and being the very assured, maybe some say 'cocky' youngster backed by extremely gifted ability i personally believe he has the persona and skill to rise to the expectations that will be weighing heavily on his shoulders here at Chelsea in the years to come.

Now what is it that Eden is good at? I have seen a fair few games in which Eden has shone. Eden has explosive pace that he exerts in short bursts when he receives the ball in tight areas if he chooses not to use his excellent sense of one touch passing technique that can turn a simple passage of play into a full blown counter attack. His passing ability is excellent with an eye for acute angles that can split defenses with a single pass, also Eden has very quick feet which helps bamboozling defenders when running at them with speed an attribute any great winger possesses. He can play on the wing which is where i think at Chelsea we should use him in the first games he plays. I know he can play in the central attacking midfield role but in answer to your question where will Mata play when Eden is put into the team, i think it would be better to put Hazard on the wing instead of Mata because Eden has the more effective attributes as a winger and would be more of a danger than Mata. This would allow Mata to do what he done best last season and play in behind the striker in that attacking midfield slot that allowed him to express his ability and be a major success.

The expected impact of Hazard is enormous and it may time for Eden to adapt his strengths to the power and pace of the Premier League but i think he will be let known he has the patience of both fans and club given it is his first season at Chelsea, I mean you only have to look at the level of tolerance shown to Fernando Torres to see that we can be patient and faithful to our own.

In conclusion Sloth, I think you should be very excited to see Eden wearing the Blue of Chelsea and given that there seems to be more transfers with highly gifted players on their way to CFC during this summer transfer window it will be a very exciting time come the start of the new season!

Firstly I think everybody is hoping that this transfer is the making of him for every obvious reason possible. Weather it could potentially be the breaking of his character and a stumbling block in his career if things don't go exactly to plan only time will tell. Luckily he has age on his side and being the very assured, maybe some say 'cocky' youngster backed by extremely gifted ability i personally believe he has the persona and skill to rise to the expectations that will be weighing heavily on his shoulders here at Chelsea in the years to come.

Now what is it that Eden is good at? I have seen a fair few games in which Eden has shone. Eden has explosive pace that he exerts in short bursts when he receives the ball in tight areas if he chooses not to use his excellent sense of one touch passing technique that can turn a simple passage of play into a full blown counter attack. His passing ability is excellent with an eye for acute angles that can split defenses with a single pass, also Eden has very quick feet which helps bamboozling defenders when running at them with speed an attribute any great winger possesses. He can play on the wing which is where i think at Chelsea we should use him in the first games he plays. I know he can play in the central attacking midfield role but in answer to your question where will Mata play when Eden is put into the team, i think it would be better to put Hazard on the wing instead of Mata because Eden has the more effective attributes as a winger and would be more of a danger than Mata. This would allow Mata to do what he done best last season and play in behind the striker in that attacking midfield slot that allowed him to express his ability and be a major success.

The expected impact of Hazard is enormous and it may time for Eden to adapt his strengths to the power and pace of the Premier League but i think he will be let known he has the patience of both fans and club given it is his first season at Chelsea, I mean you only have to look at the level of tolerance shown to Fernando Torres to see that we can be patient and faithful to our own.

In conclusion Sloth, I think you should be very excited to see Eden wearing the Blue of Chelsea and given that there seems to be more transfers with highly gifted players on their way to CFC during this summer transfer window it will be a very exciting time come the start of the new season!

Do you think he could be potentially one of the best players in the world when his time comes?, or do you think that's going too far?. Just heard a lot of comments about it, his stats for Lillie last season where impressive. I have heard Edens technique is world class and not many are capable of besides Iniesta, Ronaldo etc.

Could he be one of the greatest players ever in a Chelsea shirt?, i think this team is in desperate need of a great player, a player with flair and ideas. Is Hazard a creative player?, or is that an aspect which has nothing special to it?. And with his pace maybe it is the right thing to do, to place him on the wing.

No need for a new thread. If I made this I'd be getting it tight!

http://forum.talkche...511#entry433511

I'm asking a question about Eden Hazard, what he's capable of and debating what will he bring to the club and sharing opinions and views. I could post that in Eden Hazard thread, many would overlook it, and this warrants it's own thread because i want a full discussion about his future in this thread and what he brings to the table.

And have you not noticed this forum has been very boring recently?, it's coming up to pre season, there's nothing to talk about so lets just just talk about this.

And no you get abused because you make the shittest threads out of anything, you make a thread about putting bread in a toaster, so don't you be comparing my threads to yours.

I could highlight more of Eden's attributes, as I have watched pretty much all of his games for the past 2 years, but DDA has briefly covered some of his main strengths, so I don't really feel the need to go over that again. However, I will add that many will be surprised by Hazard's strength, making it difficult to get the ball off him (if it wasn't already hard enough because of his technical ability and speed!), which has been proven by the stat that he's the most fouled player in Europe - because they have to foul him to stop him. Also, very good fitness level, despite some saying he doesn't put effort into the fitness side of things (which is wrong, he admitted he doesn't like it, but he's put in a lot of effort to be very fit regardless), he appeared in over a 100 consecutive games in Ligue 1! And most of those games he played nearly all the game.

As for where Hazard will play, however, I disagree. I don't want to go into the ins and outs of why Hazard should play CAM and not on the wing, with Mata on the wing instead, but to put it simply - Hazard is much more effective in that position. If we play 4-2-3-1, I'm sure Hazard will play CAM, with Mata on the left wing - where he's spent a lot of his career. Which brings me to another point - I'm really not sure why everyone's that bothered whether Mata plays CAM or LW, because there wasn't that much difference in his performances when he switched, more the team's performance, but that wouldn't matter with Hazard CAM. Plus, I know Mata doesn't have a preference to which he plays, or if he does it would seem he prefers LW (or maybe he said that as he knows it's where he'll play next season) because in a video about the US Tour, he said "Juan Mata; left winger". However, whoever plays left or centre, I'm sure in a 4-2-3-1, both Mata and Hazard would switch quite often in the game.

But, there is another option, and it is that we don't play 4-2-3-1 (where one of them would have to play on the wing) or 4-3-3 (where they would both have to play on the wing - unless we played a 'false 9' - which I highly doubt), but a 4-3-2-1, where they are both off the shoulder of Torres, as second strikers, or 2 centre attacking mids. But, I suppose that depends on whether we bring somebody in who will occupy the last position of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, like Hulk or Schürrle, for example. Another is Jovetić, but I'd see him more as Torres backup/rotation or another option for Mata and Hazard's position, not so sure he'd suit RW, so unless he goes left and Mata right, or something like that, I don't see him starting always. Marin will be backup unless he forces his way into the team, in which case we may then switch to a 4-2-3-1.

I could highlight more of Eden's attributes, as I have watched pretty much all of his games for the past 2 years, but DDA has briefly covered some of his main strengths, so I don't really feel the need to go over that again. However, I will add that many will be surprised by Hazard's strength, making it difficult to get the ball off him (if it wasn't already hard enough because of his technical ability and speed!), which has been proven by the stat that he's the most fouled player in Europe - because they have to foul him to stop him. Also, very good fitness level, despite some saying he doesn't put effort into the fitness side of things (which is wrong, he admitted he doesn't like it, but he's put in a lot of effort to be very fit regardless), he appeared in over a 100 consecutive games in Ligue 1! And most of those games he played nearly all the game.

As for where Hazard will play, however, I disagree. I don't want to go into the ins and outs of why Hazard should play CAM and not on the wing, with Mata on the wing instead, but to put it simply - Hazard is much more effective in that position. If we play 4-2-3-1, I'm sure Hazard will play CAM, with Mata on the left wing - where he's spent a lot of his career. Which brings me to another point - I'm really not sure why everyone's that bothered whether Mata plays CAM or LW, because there wasn't that much difference in his performances when he switched, more the team's performance, but that wouldn't matter with Hazard CAM. Plus, I know Mata doesn't have a preference to which he plays, or if he does it would seem he prefers LW (or maybe he said that as he knows it's where he'll play next season) because in a video about the US Tour, he said "Juan Mata; left winger". However, whoever plays left or centre, I'm sure in a 4-2-3-1, both Mata and Hazard would switch quite often in the game.

But, there is another option, and it is that we don't play 4-2-3-1 (where one of them would have to play on the wing) or 4-3-3 (where they would both have to play on the wing - unless we played a 'false 9' - which I highly doubt), but a 4-3-2-1, where they are both off the shoulder of Torres, as second strikers, or 2 centre attacking mids. But, I suppose that depends on whether we bring somebody in who will occupy the last position of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, like Hulk or Schürrle, for example. Another is Jovetić, but I'd see him more as Torres backup/rotation or another option for Mata and Hazard's position, not so sure he'd suit RW, so unless he goes left and Mata right, or something like that, I don't see him starting always. Marin will be backup unless he forces his way into the team, in which case we may then switch to a 4-2-3-1.

There isn't much difference where mata plays you are right about that point. Because Mata is a free role player, he roams about and has creative freedom. However that's only in a 4-3-3, if he plays in a 4-2-3-1 and isn't playing CAM, then he cannot have the creative freedom. Only if Ramires plays on the right wing to balance it out, because will have some very weak defensive issues.