Eden Hazard

the wes

i was only messing guys i glad you won champion league but i liverpool fc from ireland their few chelsea fans in ireland i know liverpool and man utd both clubs are well support you had be unlucky in trying to win it sorry for messing

Agreed, just came back from work and reading the updates, i think i missed 20 pages! But within the first 10 85% was crap, so i skipped the other ten

So please, back on topic and stay on ;)

The other 10 were crap also lol.

Just a reacton that specific video. I could be wrong and I hope I am but once again that specific video, which one poster was very impressed by, didn't show much of this supposed world class player. Players like Sessengon who are decent players put in similar performances week in week out and I wouldn't pay 32m for him or close to it.

Then you're IMO way too hard on him/the transfer. He's supposed to be immensely naturally talented according to more than a few good sources so having watched a grand total of 0 full games of his I'm willing to give him more than the usual 10 league games to get a rough view on whether the transfer was worth it.

Should we Hate Hazard?

I think that's what the media is trying to do and it has worked or rather working in some way.

For a while, I joined others and actually followed what the English press had written about the kid's transfer decisions as well as the rumoured salaries he demanded.

But watching his final game for Lille against Nancy last week, you cannot but ask yourself if what the media outlets had been spouting about the kid is actually true?

Eden Hazard has been painted as a cocky, arrogant and egotistic greedy harlot over the past few weeks, but is that really true about the kid?

It is rumoured in the English press that Eden Hazard demanded 200k per week from Citeh, Man U and Chelsea. Anyone who follows LÉquipe, France Football magazine and other French reporters will have to ask questions about the source of those figures because they reported his demand is 550,000 Euros per week. (writers mistake - they said per month)

As a matter of fact, his agent came out in the French press and reported the salary demands (a day after he was rumoured to have requested 200k a week) are false. It was reported everywhere in the French papers. None of the British papers even mentioned his agents comments. They ran with the 200k a week story. I wonder why?

You've got to ask yourselves which salary makes more sense from a Chelsea perspective as well as the motives for the English press. If Eden Hazard had been tilting towards Manchester United, do you think the outrageous demands (if there was one) would have been made public?

Anyone who saw the finale against Nancy saw the Lille fans celebrate the departure of Hazard like a legend was leaving them. If he was an arrogant prick like a lot of people have described him, will the fans wear T-shirts and carry banners in his honour?

Will they wear wigs in red, black and yellow or even carry the Belgian flag? Will Lille say goodbye to Hazard like this to a greedy harlot only concerned about himself and not his club?:

(Please copy and paste the url below into your browser-ed)

http://www.101greatg...-tribute-video/

I certainly remember the comments about wearing blue next season etc....But if you actually look for the videos and follow the sequence of the questions poured on him by the reporters, you'll notice a lot of the comments presented weren't a true representation of the events that transpired?

For the blue comment, see this video:

Per one of the translators on YouTube, this was what happened:

- Journalist : What's your favorite colour, Red or Blue?

- Eden Hazard : As you see my t-shirt is red and the chases of the stadium are Blue, that's all :)

If you take your time and read the translations of his comments from French to English, you will notice this kid is not what is portrayed to be by the English media. I won't deny that some of his interviews could have been handled better during this transfer saga. However, some of that should have been mitigated with better advice from a good agent (which he clearly does not have).

Also, what do most of us expect from a 21 year old still maturing. You would think JT walks around with the G-String of the girl he slept with last night the way the English press portray him. So don't believe all that is painted in the press about this kid. Be glad we might land one of the most talented youngsters in football today.

If he was anything like they say he is; Lille fans, President, Owners and Teammates would not speak about him the way they do. Maybe more important, will Alex Ferguson be going for a player with such stinking behaviour and attitude?

http://www.chelsea.v...le.asp?a=529498

I hate the media so much.

Good post! Exactly what I've been trying to do with all my posts in this thread... convincing everyone that the media made a very bad image(wrong!!) of him.

As you said indeed... Just take a look at the video... + the video of his last game against Nancy ( http://dai.ly/K4ogIK ). It's literally EVERYONE is saying goodbye and wishing him all the best for the future (opponents as well). It's actually a shame to say, but where in modern football does it happens that a player leaves and get a standing ovation or a clear thank you message from the fans? Unfortunately most of the time players who are leaving are booed off by the same fans that were thinking the world of them 2 weeks before!!

I'm afraid this is the modern day football fan + the fact that you don't have that many typical Club Icons anymore (like there used to be a lot in the '90). The money have ruined a lot!

But honestly I cannot think of a player that was recently given the say thank you and farewell exit than Hazard got at Lille in his final game. That simply tells he must have been in the heart of all of these fans! And in a few months time... maybe he can reach the same with us Chelsea fans!

He's very special... trust me! You will enjoy his game a lot... He's the kinda guy that makes you wanna see the game live... He's the guy that get's you out of your couch on a lazy football afternoon by doing amazing things on the pitch!

He has a lot to bring... and I'm very sure he will deliver it very shortly!!

Only think I hope... (with all this bullsh*t in the media last weeks) is that England fans will not Booe him off the pitch on saturday. I can imagine the City + United fans not really want to cheer him now.... But remember he's only 21 years old and a shy Belgian guy. When he gets yelled at by a packed stadium of 90.000 fans... this can have a serious impact on his progression in the first months. On the other hand... IF he will be cheered at... he will play like with wings... and the magic can already start this saturday!!

He apparently wants that number, so I wouldn't be surprised. Impossible boots to fill, though.

I'm sorry but you can't compare everyone who will now wear no. 11 for Chelsea to Drogba. That is a silly burden to put on a player. After all it is just a number in the end.

He apparently wants that number, so I wouldn't be surprised. Impossible boots to fill, though.

I'm sorry but you can't compare everyone who will now wear no. 11 for Chelsea to Drogba. That is a silly burden to put on a player. After all it is just a number in the end.

Yeah, even if he gets number 11, it's not like the kit's gonna say Drogba on the back. He'll carve a new legacy with that number (if he even gets it, which is all speculation at this point).

This is actually a special video. It show the highlights of his game against Lyon in 2009. This was the game where whole of France discovered the "small belgian guy/ le petit belge" as being quite amazing & talented for the very first time!

At only the age of 18(!!) he single handedly decided the cup game against the League's TOP team Lyon. With 2 assists and a beauty goal, Eden was very dominant in this game... what was more or less the first thing that France saw of him.

Since that moment... where he showed touches of pure brilliance... Hazard has been shining every single week! Making Lille champions for the first time since 1954 + becoming the League's best player & even better confirmed the previous year with another best player in the league award and Lille ending in the TOP 3 (which is a massive performance by a 'small' team like Lille in the Ligue 1!