Eden Hazard

the wes

Haha now I'm fully waiting for someone like The Sun to publish that Manutd has officially confirmed they've signed him :D

ESPN were fooled and they tweeted this:

BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United have signed Eden Hazard from Lille for an undisclosed. #mufc

:lol2:

They soon realized their mistake though and deleted the tweet without giving an explanation.

My take on the situation now:

Like I thought a UCL victory would change everything and it has to a certain extent.

Man City

Pros

- They have all the money, and any wage bill could be met.

- The attacking football they play is sometimes very attractive and Hazard would suit it. If I'm being honest he is good enough to play in City's wing even with the competition

- 'I'll be wearing blue next season'

Cons

- City's squad is very saturated, Silva, Nasri, Johnson, Milner.

- Mancini, even though they play attacking football is a big stumbling block imo. A man who can't keep his word, will not exactly be able to promise him first team like us and Utd to an extent. He's mishandled Adam Johnson terribly, and Balotelli despite what the media say hasn't been handled that well. He's attacked him quite a few times.

'The priority for Eden is one thing: games. Opportunities.It might be best for him to join a club just below the biggest." - Hazard's dad.

Everything coincides to City losing ground. A few weeks ago they weren't the 'biggest', 7 points off United, and City seemed inevitable. His manager slipped that he will join his Belgium compatriot 'Kompany' apparently a few weeks ago, and just yesterday he said Hazard' changed his mind. Put the pieces together and it does seem as though he's seen sense. Canal+ have told him about City's squad size before on many occasions, last window they were ruling them out completely saying stuff like 'it's not City, their squad is too large' and were all saying betting it's Chelsea. He just smiled.

Man United

Pros

-Even with Young, Valencia and Nani he may fancy himself

- Fergie. - Probably the most important factor. Fergie made Ronaldo, when he promises you games and an opportunity you will get it. Look at De Gea and even Ronaldo initially. He's proven himself time and time again, if he is willing to dish out the cash than Hazard may be tempted.

- He said Manchester is where he's going, so before we won the UCL I think United would have been in his mind, contrary to what many think.

Cons

- Even though they have Fergie, his priority is opportunities. Out of three I think we know Chelsea are the team that can offer him games day in day out.

- Money, Their debts are astronomical, David Gill has said they're willing to spend but he's said it time and time again with no actual results. I doubt they can compete with City and ourselves.

Chelsea

Pros

- We were ruled out a few weeks ago, but like we all suspected UCL football next year - so important to Eden - would pull us back in for sure. His dad said perhaps he won't join the best but beyond our dream victory does lay an opportunity to play no doubt.

- The lack of quality width in Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge. Opportunities are easily the best at Chelsea.

- Belgium and France, his native county is a hour by train, on that same note London is attractive to every footballer in the world. London>Manchester to live - he has a child, and a place close to home may comfort him.

- He can completely change the face of football at Chelsea, and will flourish IMO no doubt. First team football all the time, he should look at Mata to see how one player, that we needed so much, got the time.

- Money, Abramovich will be beaming still and we can compete with City in money terms.

- He knows Lukaku, De Bruyne will join, and Thibaut Courtois. A familiar Belgium contingent is comforting, especially to a 21 year old leaving his home.

Cons

- Unlikely con this - That belgium security may attract him, but Lukaku hasn't had time at the Bridge. It could deter him to see a first team player in Belgium see so little time, even though it shouldn't.

- Lack of managerial security, hearing he'll be playing from the mangers mouth would comfort him even more, but logic should still show that he'll play day in day out.

- He's said Manchester

Overall United are probably winning the race IMO, with Chelsea second and City last. I hope our financial power can tip the balance though.

if hazard signs.... lukaku should be sent on loan or allowed to leave

What? How would Hazard coming here have anything to do with Lukaku's status at the club? I think he should be allowed to go on loan if we get a new striker or if Drogba gets a new contract, but it has nothing to do with Hazard.

I would prefer Hazard over Hulk. Hazard, not only younger but I feel is more dynamic than Hulk. Sure he isn't as powerful and forceful as Hulk but I feel he has the X-Factor that Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, Pélé, Cruyff, Basten, Ronaldo et al all had. He isn't there level yet, but he is agonisingly close.

Getting a little carried away aren't we?

as far as I see it a few weeks or months ago he was dead set on either of the manc clubs, most likely City..

now we're a much larger possibility to him, can only be positive. not saying he ends up at us but still...

hopefully he'll realise he's pretty much guaranteed a starting place at Chelsea, similar to how Mata's been this season

we'll be able to pay the same amount of money as City (after their title they probably feel that they can offer more than just money to players)

London will be a better place to live and raise his family than Manchester

Roman, the board and Chelsea staff need to put in work to sign this guy, maybe they can give some vague promises of the other belgians also playing with him next season