test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

14 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Not just with the start he's made, but the overall feeling at Madrid at the moment and Zidane not likely to last long term at this rate, it's very possible that Hazard may be available again next summer if things carry on. Very much like what happened with Coutinho.

If he was made available again next summer how many people would have him back?

For me, I would pass on him. He was a great player here but will be 29 by that point and for someone who has played a lot of football since an early age and is hardly the model professional with regards to his work ethic and training/fitness methods I think it would be a big risk because I wonder how long he will be able to continue at the very highest level.

I've also been pleasantly surprised at how good we've looked when attacking this season. Still a work in progress but the signs are there of a more aggressive and direct style of football and I don't believe Hazard would suit what we're trying to do with regards to pressing aggressively and looking to release the ball much quicker. Also are some of these players performing better because we no longer have a talisman we are reliant on.

I definitely wouldn't like to see him back in the league though with someone else. Surely if this doesn't work out, the most logical move would be to PSG in some form of Mbappe or Neymar deal.

I think Lampard would defiently pass on him as he wouldn't want to set Hudson Odoi back, only possibility will be if Callum god for bid has another long term injury next summer.

I imagine if he's available on a loan deal Bayern will be all over that, if Madrid will let him go permanently can see United panic buying him on the basis of a top player being available and they are desperate to return to prior glorys.

Vesper likes this

3 hours ago, manpe said:

If you asked me now, I wouldn't want him back. I want to see us become a collectively cohesive team, not a superstar and the supporting cast.

This. It's flown over the heads of many, especially on Twitter. 

Vesper likes this

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

I think we are doing ok without hazard atm the problem is our defending if I had the choice to bring back hazard or sign a top CB my choice would be a CB 

It's still early days but really, if Hazard can't even motivate himself/do well at his dream club, then there is certainly no chance he'll come back here and do that, especially when he has pretty much won everything bar one. Plus, he turns 29 in January. The ship has definitely sailed. 

4 hours ago, manpe said:

If you asked me now, I wouldn't want him back. I want to see us become a collectively cohesive team, not a superstar and the supporting cast.

Something we have also been craving for in a while in addition to having our youths assume more vital role in first team.

If our youth and current squad perform at the current level and keep improving, we would be saving a lot of money by not spending on over inflated players.

Vesper likes this

If he is indeed to leave Real Madrid earlier than expected, where do you see him going? PSG maybe? With Neymar/Mbappe going the other way? That is the first club that comes to my mind.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

If he is indeed to leave Real Madrid earlier than expected, where do you see him going? PSG maybe? With Neymar/Mbappe going the other way? That is the first club that comes to my mind.

I feel that he might not be leaving Real Madrid.

But yeah if he does than for the asking price that is the only club that will be willing to spend that kind of money

Vesper likes this

18 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

I feel that he might not be leaving Real Madrid.

But yeah if he does than for the asking price that is the only club that will be willing to spend that kind of money

I wonder if PSG would take Hazard plus £150m for Mbappe thsi coming summer

with no add-ons included, RM only paid us £90m for Hazard (which if we see little to no add-ons then the deal was arounf 100 fucking mulling quid LESS to us than we could have gotten stright up in 2018, so another monstrously horrid Marina special)

so that Values Mbappe at only £240m

and actually less, as PSG is getting a probably somewhat spent Hazard who turns 30 in the middle of the season. so more like £220m to £230m, which is BRILLIANT business by Real if they can pull it off

I rate Mbappe well over that, probably around £260-£300m or so, due to his only being 20yo atm (21yo in around a little less than 3 months)

I would think PSG tells Real to go fuck themselves

Do you guys really think him being "fat" is the problem? Wasn't he this "fat" sometimes with us too, even when he had great seasons? Or was he "fat" with us, but is even fatter now, so it becomes a real problem?

I'm not sold on this "fat" story, I think problem is much deeper than that.

Johnnyeye, NikkiCFC and Vesper like this

I wouldnt be surprised if he is thinking RM is all ego and no close bonds etc. Not like he had here anyway. Here he was the Prince, a collective bond with the players etc. He wont have that over there. Laliga should suit him very well but he just hasnt looked decent at all so far. Now many are saying laliga is of higher quality thats why he sucks, that RM are Leagues above Chels quality and some bs like that.....bums is all I say.

Johnnyeye, bluephoenix and Vesper like this

21 hours ago, El P. said:

Do you guys really think him being "fat" is the problem? Wasn't he this "fat" sometimes with us too, even when he had great seasons? Or was he "fat" with us, but is even fatter now, so it becomes a real problem?

I'm not sold on this "fat" story, I think problem is much deeper than that.

I'm not sure to what extent it hinders him but just looking at him you can see he is not in top shape. Compare his body shape under Conte's first season and how he looks now and it's clear he has let himself go a bit.

For somebody who has a game reliant on quick movements, agility, balance etc you would think he would take better care of his body.

kellzfresh likes this

2 hours ago, SUNZ said:

I'm not sure to what extent it hinders him but just looking at him you can see he is not in top shape. Compare his body shape under Conte's first season and how he looks now and it's clear he has let himself go a bit.

For somebody who has a game reliant on quick movements, agility, balance etc you would think he would take better care of his body.

Well, Hazard has never been the most mentally discipline of players. Wouldn't be surprising at all if he becomes fat once he retires. 

kellzfresh likes this

On 03/10/2019 at 10:04 PM, Vesper said:

I wonder if PSG would take Hazard plus £150m for Mbappe thsi coming summer

with no add-ons included, RM only paid us £90m for Hazard (which if we see little to no add-ons then the deal was arounf 100 fucking mulling quid LESS to us than we could have gotten stright up in 2018, so another monstrously horrid Marina special)

Don't agree that it was a bad deal for Chelsea. We got another year out of Hazard, possibly his best one and in doing so it played a big part in us winning the Europa League and coming third.

The way Sarri set up to play last season I dread to think where we would have been without Hazard's creativity and goal output.

What we got for him at his age, wear and tear and one year left on his contract was phenomenal business as I don't think he is one of these players who will still be performing at the highest level well into his 30's.