Eden Hazard

the wes

most of all, he has had so little rest in those seasons here (can't say about his time at Lille), there's only so much lack of proper rest one can get away with.

Also, he's still developing, he's young (although not that much yet, but I feel we lost the referential when so many kids break so early - Neymar already has 250 goals for club and NT and that's insane when you're 23), so I think the slump is even more normal.

I have no doubt he might dream in playing in one of the very top teams. That's normal for any ambitious player. As good and big as Chelsea have become, we aren't on the same level as Real, Barça and Bayern in terms of size and appeal. So while I won't be surprised if he leaves to RM someday, I hope he stays for as long as possible.

Completely agree. I never thought Hazard would finish his career in Blue. Bar the English, anyone can leave at any time. That's why I never understand the 'signing for the next 10 years' comments.

But like you said, I hope he stays for a very long time. The great thing about the Hazard situation for us is the fact that he's a father and husband. He might stay longer than even I imagined because you don't just pack up and leave with a family.

Completely agree. I never thought Hazard would finish his career in Blue. Bar the English, anyone can leave at any time. That's why I never understand the 'signing for the next 10 years' comments.

But like you said, I hope he stays for a very long time. The great thing about the Hazard situation for us is the fact that he's a father and husband. He might stay longer than even I imagined because you don't just pack up and leave with a family.

It's not just the family though. Would Hazard want to deal with all those silly pressure and political conflict at Madrid? Joining them might be a fanciful thing but the minute you don't play well - even if you have contributed a lot in the past - you will get booed and even abused by the fans. Says a lot when even Ronaldo got whistled by the crowd in the El Clasico today. Does he want to play in that kind of environment?

I still think he's gone next summer. Madrid are a shambles and Hazard is the ideal replacement for the tap in merchant. Zidane will specifically target him.

we have all the power, we dont need to sell him, we arent desperate for money, and i cant see Hazard handing in a transfer request and demanding to be sold, even if he does do that we still dont have to sell, if the club want him to stay he will, there is no doubt about that.

It's not just the family though. Would Hazard want to deal with all those silly pressure and political conflict at Madrid? Joining them might be a fanciful thing but the minute you don't play well - even if you have contributed a lot in the past - you will get booed and even abused by the fans. Says a lot when even Ronaldo got whistled by the crowd in the El Clasico today. Does he want to play in that kind of environment?

Also true. Not to forget a transfer to Real means you're almost guaranteed another move within five years. Not many last at Real.

“We spoke together before the Stoke [Capital One Cup] game,” said Hazard. “I said to him ‘Maybe we have to try something, to change something. Maybe I have to play at No10 because we have to try’. We did and I played a very good game in the cup in Stoke. And, against Norwich, it was the same. I don't know if I have to play every game as a No10. I just want to play.

“I like playing No10, but I'll play as a left winger too. I just want to be on the pitch. It doesn't matter whether that's in the middle or on the flanks. It doesn't matter.

“When I was young I played as a No10. Sometimes there is more freedom there. Sometimes not. When you play against compact teams, like Norwich, it's difficult to find space. But we have good players and they know how to move and when to pass the ball.

Hazard's biggest fan is almost the new coach of Real Madrid. I think he will leave this summer. Zidane as the new Real coach is very bad news for Chelsea.

I actually believe Mourinho has more chances of becoming their new manager than Zidane...

“We spoke together before the Stoke [Capital One Cup] game,” said Hazard. “I said to him ‘Maybe we have to try something, to change something. Maybe I have to play at No10 because we have to try’. We did and I played a very good game in the cup in Stoke. And, against Norwich, it was the same. I don't know if I have to play every game as a No10. I just want to play.

“I like playing No10, but I'll play as a left winger too. I just want to be on the pitch. It doesn't matter whether that's in the middle or on the flanks. It doesn't matter.

“When I was young I played as a No10. Sometimes there is more freedom there. Sometimes not. When you play against compact teams, like Norwich, it's difficult to find space. But we have good players and they know how to move and when to pass the ball.

Good to know they talked, good to know Mourinho was flexible to give the kid's request a try and it worked. I don't feel that much reassured by the interview because he didn't openly deny any move, but it's better than the nonstop speculation we had so far. Hopefully he will stay for some more time.