Eden Hazard

the wes

Interesting.

I don't think there is a person alive that doesn't believe Hazard is an amazing player with incredible skill sets. I do believe however a lot of people don't believe he is a 'world class' player. In my mind there is only 11 'world class' players at any given moment. A 'world class' player is the person that is absolutely the best in their position(s). Let's face the music for a time; Hazard is closer to Ribery's level than Messi's. Not that is anything to be ashamed of, Ribery at one point was one of the best wingers alive.

I think most of the backlash Hazard receives is due to this odd aura surrounding him. A lot of people stated that he was the next Ballon d'or winner and the next player to reach Cristiano's and Messi's level. I think it is becoming clear that Hazard isn't that player and he is reaping the criticism for it. I think most of the criticism is unwarranted in this scenario as people are criticising him for being hyped as something he isn't.

I don't think he is world class right now nor do I believe would he improve at Barcelona or Real Madrid. He has no reason to move to these clubs. He isn't a nailed on starter as wouldn't be able to oust people like James, Cristiano, Bale, Neymar, Suarez and Messi from their starting berths. I think that moving to either of those clubs would be a mistake.

I don't think there is a person alive that doesn't believe Hazard is an amazing player with incredible skill sets. I do believe however a lot of people don't believe he is a 'world class' player. In my mind there is only 11 'world class' players at any given moment. A 'world class' player is the person that is absolutely the best in their position(s). Let's face the music for a time; Hazard is closer to Ribery's level than Messi's. Not that is anything to be ashamed of, Ribery at one point was one of the best wingers alive.

I think most of the backlash Hazard receives is due to this odd aura surrounding him. A lot of people stated that he was the next Ballon d'or winner and the next player to reach Cristiano's and Messi's level. I think it is becoming clear that Hazard isn't that player and he is reaping the criticism for it. I think most of the criticism is unwarranted in this scenario as people are criticising him for being hyped as something he isn't.

I fully agree, although I do think he's one of the best in his position. He'd slot in seamlessly into that Real or Barca line-up, I have no doubts.

I think it's ridiculous that you have reach Messi/Ronaldo level to be regarded world-class these days, it's an anomaly that we get to witness these 2 players at the same time in football.

It's a level I too very much doubt he'll ever reach, if by that sense he's overhyped, I agree.

You'd be surprised at the high amount of people that don't think Hazard is all that he is hyped up to be. I've spoken to many that just don't care for Hazard or believe he would even make the cut at Real or Barca.

The same was said about Neymar, Suarez, Bale and James. I also remember a lot of doubts when Modric joined. Squad player under Mourinho, best player behind Ronaldo under Ancelotti. Same goes for Kroos, questions were asked about what he would add to Real. No more.

You really don't know until the player makes the move. Henry joined Barca but was forced in a wide role. Talk about an upside down world, moving from a striker role to the wing in your thirties.

Zlatan, with his clear superior technical ability compared to Eto'o, was supposed to fit Barca like a glove and do a much better job than Eto'o.

Isco was the Spanish golden child. It had been too long since Real had a Spanish star up front.

(Eto'o is incredibly underrated btw. He owned that striker role.)

Messi and Ronaldo are the only untouchables in football. Every player has plenty of doubters. Messi and Ronaldo have ruined football in a way. Their previously unheard of consistency has raised the bar to an unrealistic level. When they eventually drop off, everyone else will look better.

yeah right. PSG has no problem shelling £50m on the much inferior and older Di Maria last season. Hazard would easily be the hottest commodity on the market if available.

Of course he would. But he'd also be firmly on every big team's bench with his current form and level of fitness.

yeah right. PSG has no problem shelling £50m on the much inferior and older Di Maria last season. Hazard would easily be the hottest commodity on the market if available.

Arab clubs are different.

They overpay for everyone and everything.

I don't think he is world class right now nor do I believe would he improve at Barcelona or Real Madrid. He has no reason to move to these clubs. He isn't a nailed on starter as wouldn't be able to oust people like James, Cristiano, Bale, Neymar, Suarez and Messi from their starting berths. I think that moving to either of those clubs would be a mistake.

There are two major reasons why he would move:

1. La liga (players from certain European countries dream of playing in Spain)

2. Team setup (not all players enjoy being the "individual" as it clashes with their style of play and/or personality)

But in saying that, I doubt he ends up at Barca or Real Madrid as they don't really need him at the moment.

People in Belgium were doubting him when he moved to the premier league as well. Then he started bossing the league around in his first game for Chelsea (if I remember correctly). He wouldn't be a fixed starter at Real, but he'd get ample playing time. The question is also: how long will Cristiano still be at Madrid? He's going to be 31 next year and he hasn't always been very friendly with the board. Barca's team is quite young, but then again, guys like Iniesta aren't. Wouldn't be too bad on his position I think. Also, Barca and Real like signing prestige players. He's probably almost on top of that list right now.

Still don't really think he'll be leaving though, but he might if Chelsea ends up without European football next year. You never know...

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/23/blog/post/2678779/jose-mourinho-and-chelsea-go-back-to-basics-to-arrest-slide

It was a surprise, but sources close to Eden Hazard say he was more surprised at what followed, rather than the decision itself. Last Saturday, Jose Mourinho dropped his star player from Chelsea's starting XI against Aston Villa, only to then double-down on that snub by detailing the Belgian's defensive deficiencies.

"I left out Hazard because we are conceding lots of goals," Mourinho said after the 2-0 win. "It was a tactical decision. Leaving super quality on the bench, but bringing tactical discipline and hoping the team could be solid."

Those close to Hazard say his eyebrows were raised by those comments, but he was not furious.

Similarly, despite ongoing rumours about Real Madrid, there has not been any contact between his representatives and the Spanish club. Hazard currently has no plans to leave but that could change if Chelsea fail to qualify for the Champions League this season.

I think Hazard is a goner, though it may not be this year. Him and Jose have never seemed to get along. While I do think a player should be criticized when needed Jose does like to go the extra mile and this year he's been blaming everyone BUT the actual culprits, himself included at times.