Eden Hazard

the wes

We gain nothing by benching him. If you want to see the Hazard of last season, give him a run of games and let him play his way into form (just like every other team would do with their star player)

It's not like he'll suddenly gain confidence and sharpness by sitting on the bench and watching his replacement (Pedro) put in average peformances

Seems like the team is gaining nothing by starting him too. Oh well, I'm sure the only thing that we can rely on is time. Perhaps in time he will return to the form we've all come accustomed too.

Also, regarding Hazard vs Neymar.

You see the Neymar without Messi is?

Last 3 matches

Granted, no Iniesta and Messi, replaced by two la masia cadets in roberto and munir/sandro. The idea that neymar lacked vision compared to hazard was very laughable imo. Neymar's role was to score and not to be the creator, now with both messi and iniesta out, you can see exactly the vision that people in brazil already knows neymar has

"[Hazard] already had a verbal agreement with Manchester United, but there were other clubs wanting him.

"But one day, Chelsea's owner [Roman Abramovich] had his yacht in [Cannes]. We [Lille players] were preparing ourselves to watch a film in the [Cannes] festival when Hazard appeared and said: 'I can't go with you guys, because I have a meeting with my agent and Abramovich right now'.

"They went to [Abramovich's] yacht and when he returned, we were all having dinner in a restaurant.

"Hazard arrived with a wide-open smile and said: 'Well, I think I'll go there [to Chelsea], I think he convinced me'. Right after that, they finished the transfer and he went to play for Chelsea."

-Túlio de Melo; Source: ESPN Brasil

i doubt that he decides leaving chelsea after one game on the bench midway through the season. We could still win the CL theoretically and he would look pretty silly having decided to leave in this case. But IMO Real would have to get rid of both, Ronaldo and Benitez for Hazard to move there. If he'd really have decided to move now we could just let him rot on the bench. Wonder if Real would still shed out 100+m for him.

I think the move is eventually going to happen in the same way Ronaldo was always going to be captured by Madrid.

What we need to do is make sure we get a kings ransom for him when it does happen.