Eden Hazard

the wes

Why can he praise Hazard so many times and call him the 3rd best player of the world last season, plus complaining every month why Hazard didn't get a Player of the month trophy, and currently can't even criticize him?

Hazard has started the majority of the games this season where we've lost, was he decisive at all? The only game where he showed up was a preseason game against Barca, maybe because it was Barca. 0 official goals and maybe 1-2 assists this season for your best paid and star player.

Schurrle said the other day that Eden is the only one with more freedom. So if you're not decisive in attack, you should do the basics good which is covering for the back behind you. If Jose said: ''because he isn't good in attack'', then the media plus fans would say ''but Pedro is worse''. But it is a fact that he isn't doing the defensive part of work well, so it's better to say that cause that is a fact.

Just because you're super talented and skilled plus the best player last season, it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want and skip defensive duties. See Costa, he was our top scorer last season and very important for the league title. But has he stopped to pressing opponents? He started not well but he gave his all in every game he played, plus took the responsibilities for coming back overweight. What about Willian? Has been good whole 2015, but now even added goals to his game, has he stopped tracking back yesterday? No he kept on running and defending even in the last minutes of the game. Same goes for Azpi.

Different personalities need different treatment, shy guys like Ramires, Willian, Ozil and Oscar were barely criticized by Jose. Public criticism worked before for Hazard, hopefully he can come back stronger again instead of running away from his responsibilities.

Why can he praise Hazard so many times and call him the 3rd best player of the world last season, plus complaining every month why Hazard didn't get a Player of the month trophy, and currently can't even criticize him?

Mourinho can criticize Hazard but not for the reasons mentioned. Others have been extremely slack in their defensive work but they have hardly been mentioned in the public but Hazard, who is hardly bad at defending, has been unfairly criticized. Where's the logic in that?

Different personalities need different treatment, shy guys like Ramires, Willian, Ozil and Oscar were barely criticized by Jose. Public criticism worked before for Hazard, hopefully he can come back stronger again instead of running away from his responsibilities.

In a way, that is true but I don't really buy that. The perceived purpose of public criticism is to see how players react and help them become better. It's basically a challenge for everyone. So, I don't see why that only applies to non-shy personalities. If they are strong enough, they can take it. Public criticism has worked for Hazard before but managers can't keep on doing that, especially when the reason isn't justified. And why does he need to criticize players in the public so often? Are you saying that criticizing them in private won't make them improve and get better? If that's the case, then maybe Mourinho's so called excellent man-management is a myth.

Mourinho can criticize Hazard but not for the reasons mentioned. Others have been extremely slack in their defensive work but they have hardly been mentioned in the public but Hazard, who is hardly bad at defending, has been unfairly criticized. Where's the logic in that?

In a way, that is true but I don't really buy that. The perceived purpose of public criticism is to see how players react and help them become better. It's basically a challenge for everyone. So, I don't see why that only applies to non-shy personalities. If they are strong enough, they can take it. Public criticism has worked for Hazard before but managers can't keep on doing that, especially when the reason isn't justified. And why does he need to criticize players in the public so often? Are you saying that criticizing them in private won't make them improve and get better? If that's the case, then maybe Mourinho's so called excellent man-management is a myth.

I can only quote others:

Maniche

http://sportwitness....reveals-secrets

Speaking to France Football about Mourinho’s start to the season, former-Mourinho player Maniche explained whether the whole “you either love him or you hate him” motto about his old manager also applied in the dressing room.
He said: “Mister knows how to talk to each of his players. He knows which ones he needs to shout at and which ones he needs to pamper in order to get the best out of them. His speech is direct and in your face, and that’s good for everybody. I remember everyone respecting him because he did everything to win. Even those who played very little or didn’t at all.
“He’s close to his players, he doesn’t forget anyone. He sometimes even talks more to those who don’t play than those who do regularly, because he knows that the most important is the team, and that he may need everyone. People often speak about Mourinho’s communication. What matters to the players is what he brings, what he tells them.”
The former Portuguese midfielder knows Mourinho like few do, having been managed by the Special One at four different clubs (Benfica, Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan), and Maniche firmly believes the Chelsea manager has what it takes to turn things around.
He added: “Football is full of good and bad surprises. I don’t know what the board members’ plans are, but if they keep faith in him as they’ve done until now, Mister Mourinho will redress the situation.
“He’s got such confidence in his abilities and in his players that he’ll manage it. He know how to get them where he wants them.”

Jose himself:

Mesut Ozil needs special treatment because he is 'sensitive', believes Jose Mourinho

Mourinho added: 'At the same time, I learned with him because we were together for quite a long time, that he's a very sensitive boy. He needs confidence. He needs trust. He needs to feel that people is with him. When he's on the pitch, every time he touches the ball, the ball goes beautiful.

CFC players know Jose sometimes try get a reaction from them by saying/challenging them trough the media.

Agreed mate, probably gonna be one or the other. Think it'll be hazard though.

His body language is very poor - clearly not in the right place mentally and is being scrutinised for every little misstep. The irony is delicious considering Ivanovic has been even worse. The thing is, even in a poor performance, Hazard can do something in a second, a flash of brilliance to change a game. As you say, it'll be one or the other. Mourinho prefers functional players over stylish ones, though I suppose there have been one or two exceptions.

Think positive ... think of the profit we will make :halo: we will be top of the FFP table ,, will we get a trophy for that ???

If they do a "Financial Fair Play Award" akin to the one for player discipline, it might earn us a 19th qualifying round Europa League draw against a team from Outer Mongolia.

I can only quote others: Maniche

For every player that speaks wells about Mourinho, you can easily find those that don't...

CFC players know Jose sometimes try get a reaction from them by saying/challenging them trough the media.

Yes, we all know that but he doesn't always have to do that. It's become tiresome at this point and considering the number of criticism he's handed out this season alone, one can tell that approach isn't working. He should or needs to mix things up.

Can't help but imagine him seeing other top players like himself who play in attack minded teams or for managers that don't demand at all cost that their attacking players defend like it's their job and wish he did as well.

He probably sees the likes of Sterling and KDB at City being able to express themselves and put up huge stats at the same time, he sees Neymar doing it at Barca. Alexis at Arsenal.

When we were on top last season it was fine to criticize and nitpick. José is just asking for trouble once again here.

Hazard sits one game out and people already know he is off in summer....that is TC for you

People should stop overreacting. Hazard needs us as much as we need him. If he continues the way he plays atm, no club in the world not even PSG will pay the 100m+ we will demand from him in summer with FOUR years on his contract. If Hazard forces a move after being benched for ONE game, no club will need him anyway. To become a top top player, you need to show some resilience and bounce back from that and I am sure he will as he is not as fickle as the guys who already have him out of the club.

On a different note he surely is tired after a hectic international break + he looks out of shape physically, sporting a belly once again. But he will certainly get his act together and peform as last leason.

Then I hope Roman smashes one of his piggy banks this summer. I can see Mourinho at the helm of Juventus or Inter. Maybe PSG.

Mourinho at PSG... one shudders at the thought. They're no threat under current management, but with a top coach... Wow. They could break the Bayern-Barca-Real dominance of European football.

What Jose is doing is giving a warning to try to encourage Hazard. And that's it.

Eden has done nothing in the entire season and we need to wake up him or our chances of winning something along of the season will be very small.

For me Jose is taking the right path. Hazard has to understand that he can be one of the best players in the world if he regains his performance of the last season

What Jose is doing is giving a warning to try to encourage Hazard. And that's it.

Eden has done nothing in the entire season and we need to wake up him or our chances of winning something along of the season will be very small.

For me Jose is taking the right path. Hazard has to understand that he can be one of the best players in the world if he regains his performance of the last season

He is talking about defensive mistakes though. Jose is such a coward he never thinks offensively, defense always comes first even when he talks about forwards. He is destroying Hazard just like Mata, KDB etc,

He is talking about defensive mistakes though. Jose is such a coward he never thinks offensively, defense always comes first even when he talks about forwards. He is destroying Hazard just like Mata, KDB etc,

I respect your opinion, but for me to attack well we need to defend well. A good offense starts with a good defense.

Yesterday we made our first goal thanks to Willian when he made a good pressure and he recovered a dangerous ball near the opponent's box.

That's what Jose is trying to do with Eden. And players like Messi, Ronaldo and Drogba they made it before, and that's what Eden has to do.

Hazard sits one game out and people already know he is off in summer....that is TC for you

People should stop overreacting. Hazard needs us as much as we need him. If he continues the way he plays atm, no club in the world not even PSG will pay the 100m+ we will demand from him in summer with FOUR years on his contract. If Hazard forces a move after being benched for ONE game, no club will need him anyway. To become a top top player, you need to show some resilience and bounce back from that and I am sure he will as he is not as fickle as the guys who already have him out of the club.

On a different note he surely is tired after a hectic international break + he looks out of shape physically, sporting a belly once again. But he will certainly get his act together and peform as last leason.

No. Loads of teams would take Hazard regardless. He is not a player who has lost his talent overnight and many teams with a different attacking style to us know they would do wonders with him in their team. Even Sterling was not that good at Liverpool last season. Mostly inconsistent but City did not care because they know they are a better team who would get the best out of him. Hazard would thrive in other set ups. I am sure of it. Just look at the amount of talented wingers who have failed to make an impact here but thrived at other clubs.