Eden Hazard

the wes

most of Hazards goals are from open play, and no he doesnt need to score more goals to reach the highest tier of attacking players, he is a creator first, no one says Silva has to score more goals to be considered as a top player, but for some reason Hazard has to score 30+ to be a top player.

It's not just about the goals themselves, and I'm not demanding that Hazard becomes the next goal-scoring phenomenon in World football.

It IS my view, however, that Hazard does not make enough decisive contributions when he is playing poorly. A player's ability to make positive and decisive contributions to a game irrespective of the form that they are displaying is what generally marks them out as belonging in the very highest tier. Ronaldo and Neymar exemplify this: I'd estimate that around 1/3 of the time they play, their all-round game is fairly poor; they nonetheless manage to fulfill their primary function in the team and score extraordinarily often despite this.

In Hazard's case, accepting that he is not likely to transform himself into a goal-scoring machine, what can he offer a team if he is off-form? His touch will be letting him down, his passing will be sloppy, he will be dribbling into players rather than dribbling past/around them. The only way to overcome these problems is by adopting the correct mentality and thereby continuing to attempt to affect the game in a positive manner, continuing to attempt risky passes in the attacking-third to assist team-mates, continuing to take up dangerous positions on the pitch etc. These are things that Hazard does not tend to do when he is having a bad game; instead, he seems to be content with simply being a 'cog' in the machine, and starts playing tidy but safe/unambitious passes to the nearest team-mate whilst rarely even making the attempt to dribble past his man. It is when this happens that people begin to comment upon Hazard 'disappearing' from the game, and the opposition themselves begin to feel unthreatened by him.

The very best players rarely 'disappear' from games. They might well make fools of themselves as they continue to mess-up their passes, miss simple chances, and trip over their own feet when dribbling, but they continue to attempt to play their own game regardless; they retain faith in their own abilities; they continue to believe that the NEXT time they attempt something will be the time that they pull it off.

Batshuayi needs to play definitely. Lukaku, Orgi & Benteke are good players but like Costa for Spain they get exposed when there are no spaces to exploit. Batshuayi has the power of Benteke/Lukaku, pace/technique of Origi & the charisma/personality the other 3 lack. Reminds me of Sturridge.

Ignoring the coaching problem, striker & the lack of proper fullbacks are the biggest problems for me. I'm amazed he hasn't found a solution for it yet. Zero width or outlets & the movement is shocking. Players like KDB & Hazard need runners around them.

I remember hearing about Meunier a few years ago, isn't he regarded as the best fullback Belgium has? Supposedly excellent going forward.

Meunier is indeed a decent option, he should play on the right over Alderweireld imo, he's out injured atm. Hell one might argue Richie De Laet or Cavanda would be a better option than a static CB on the right. Left is a bigger problem, still hoping Jordan Lukaku will make steps forward, he's been pretty good so far this season in an overachieving Ostend side.

And yes, it boggles the mind how Origi, who doesn't play for Liverpool, gets picked in favor of Batshuayi who's playing every game for Marseille and banging in goals.

That ball from De Bruyne made that goal. I'm not just saying this because of current events, and I know it's only Cyprus, but I don't think Fabregas could play a ball 'like' that ball.

What I mean by that is that Fabregas' balls would generally come from over the top in a situation like that, and so, are often a lot slower than the one De Bruyne just played. What he's done there is more like a cross from in-field, it was perfect. I think you can only have ability like that if you've spent an awful lot of time on the wing.

People need to cut him some slack tbh. He's been disappointing but we're only 4 games in and he's always been known to be a slow starter. I'm not worried too much yet.

Although I agree about him being a slow starter. He doesn't look like he can even get into the game at the moment though, and that's what worries me the most. Even when he's playing badly he normally has a couple of wow moments that still impress, but can't seem to find them at the moment either.

I have no doubt he will be back to his best soon though. The season starting early seems to really have taken a toll on the lads.

Eden Hazard vs Cyprus (Away) 06/09/2015 HD

Eden is slowly changing his style of play and he is adapting to a similar role as Lionel Messi with Barcelona last season. Starting at one side, but falling towards the center to be the leader of his team. And that's the best role for him.

In addition Hazards should be more "selfish" (in good sense) in front of goal and he become less intermittently along party assuming the role of undisputed leader of the team. If he changes that, Hazard will be the best in the world among the mortals (no Messi or Ronaldo).

By the way, Belgium has team to do something important in Euro 2016.

On current form he should be warming the bench for both club and country. More interested in hitting the deck and winning fouls at the moment. Yes he starts seasons slowly but Jason is absolutely spot on when he points out that Eden looks devoid of even the one "wow moment" every 90 minutes, which he can normally produce as a minimum.

Although I agree about him being a slow starter. He doesn't look like he can even get into the game at the moment though, and that's what worries me the most. Even when he's playing badly he normally has a couple of wow moments that still impress, but can't seem to find them at the moment either.

I have no doubt he will be back to his best soon though. The season starting early seems to really have taken a toll on the lads.

well he showed a few wow moments in both games for Belgium, he will be back at his very best in no time.

He is a weather player and still yet to convince me otherwise. Basically only play well when he 'feels' like it and otherwise he is annonymous for most of the matches. This is something only he can change with better mentality as it is not a question of ability. For example no one understand why a week he tries to dribble past the whole team of the opposition then the next being completely useless against a similar or worse opposition. Then he scores a goal and the performance automatically counts as a 'good one' by the fans who don't watch the match but just check in the highlights and score.

He will not carry us to CL glory because when the stage get too big he WILL GO HIDING, did it for the last season in CL and WC for Belgium, no sign of changing it now.

It's not just about the goals themselves, and I'm not demanding that Hazard becomes the next goal-scoring phenomenon in World football.

It IS my view, however, that Hazard does not make enough decisive contributions when he is playing poorly. A player's ability to make positive and decisive contributions to a game irrespective of the form that they are displaying is what generally marks them out as belonging in the very highest tier. Ronaldo and Neymar exemplify this: I'd estimate that around 1/3 of the time they play, their all-round game is fairly poor; they nonetheless manage to fulfill their primary function in the team and score extraordinarily often despite this.

In Hazard's case, accepting that he is not likely to transform himself into a goal-scoring machine, what can he offer a team if he is off-form? His touch will be letting him down, his passing will be sloppy, he will be dribbling into players rather than dribbling past/around them. The only way to overcome these problems is by adopting the correct mentality and thereby continuing to attempt to affect the game in a positive manner, continuing to attempt risky passes in the attacking-third to assist team-mates, continuing to take up dangerous positions on the pitch etc. These are things that Hazard does not tend to do when he is having a bad game; instead, he seems to be content with simply being a 'cog' in the machine, and starts playing tidy but safe/unambitious passes to the nearest team-mate whilst rarely even making the attempt to dribble past his man. It is when this happens that people begin to comment upon Hazard 'disappearing' from the game, and the opposition themselves begin to feel unthreatened by him.

The very best players rarely 'disappear' from games. They might well make fools of themselves as they continue to mess-up their passes, miss simple chances, and trip over their own feet when dribbling, but they continue to attempt to play their own game regardless; they retain faith in their own abilities; they continue to believe that the NEXT time they attempt something will be the time that they pull it off.

Agree with this.

I find his off the ball movement disappointing. There was a time last season, I don't remember exactly when anymore, where he has really doing well in moving around, taking up good positions between the lines and getting in behind the defence. He was in constant motion and it was really encouraging to see. But it dropped off after a while. I guess he was in a good flow or felt some kind of inspiration or something. But that should be a constant factor in his game. It's too much stand still, receive the bal in your feet and start playing.

Mourinho should tie him to a chair, set up hours of footage of David Silva (highlighting his movement), and lock him in a room. Drug him and do it every week if he has to.

I'm not worried about his form though. He'll bounce back. Cesc, Matic and Diego worry me a lot more.

It happens every fucking time. Man performs poorly for few games and people suddenly forget how great he plays 80% of the time.

The man brought us the title last season when everyone else performed poorly.

Yet you guys will find million ways to trash him how he is not good enough and talk about his mentality and that he is one wow moment guy. Seriously? He can destroy defences whole game when he is on top.

Jesus fucking christ show some faith in the players and stop licking their asses when they perform and point them out when they dont.

He is out of form, as is the rest of the team. He usualy starts average and he is poor in Nt, but who cares how he performs for belgium, he was brilliant for us time and time again, yet people forget it.