Eden Hazard

the wes

RIbery yes. I feel you're massively overrating Silva & Cazorla though. Very good players but not in the same League.

Can't say about Cazorla but you're massively underrating Silva. Look at how much City depend on him to perform, he certainly is their most important player.

There's no contest anymore. The quality, the style, the charisma, the personality... and to make things even better, he wears the shirt with that crest. He is hands down my favourite footballer now. Absolute perfection. Good ol' Eidur used to be my favourite sight in Chelsea blue but Eden has taken over. I'm in love.

What took you so long?

Hazard :worship:

Can't say about Cazorla but you're massively underrating Silva. Look at how much City depend on him to perform, he certainly is their most important player.

Nah, Yaya Toure & Aguero are their most important players. Look at how bad they were this season without Toure in form for most of the year.

Im hopeful this year will be even better than last. Hazard is the 'Diamond' we build our team around. I'd like to see him to play the 10 role in the centre eventually...

I agree. It would be great to have a proper number 10.

I dont see why people are saying Hazard should START as a #10. His role right now is fine just the way it is. He has freedom. He can roam the pitch whenever he wants. Its not like he doesnt move from the touchline. I think its smart to have him on the wing. Where he can be one on one against a defender. He capable of destroying any defender he wants imo when it comes to 1v1.

All were missing is someone who can make use of the space Hazard creates by being such a threat. Teams often double up on him and then that gives the striker & the #10 more space. But Oscar and Willian and even Cesc are often not decisive enough. Thats why I think we are one player shy of becoming a team that can go on and win the Champions League. Maybe a player like Isco or Gotze. Certainly not Moses. We need ONE more world class player going forward. Eden is already the crown jewel we just need someone to carry the load with him.

City are absolutely shambles without Silva.

Biggest myth in football right now. Silva is easy on the eye but Yaya Toure and Aguero are the main men in that team. The most decisive and impactful players.

CLI3WCTWUAEExKL.jpg

City's results without Toure last season.

CLI3WCTWEAACqMU.jpg

Now City without their "most important player" which they would be a shambles without. As you can see they barely missed a beat without him.

Silva is a very good player but he's massively overrated by PL fans because of his obvious & attractive playing style. The criticisms usually leveled at Hazard should be aimed at Silva instead. I'd take about 7/8 #10's before I chose SIlva (and no Oscar isn't in there).

Silva is an excellent player but I don't think he is the same class as Hazard. Hazard has everything. Silva is good at passing and close ball control but does not have the acceleration with the ball Hazard has. For instance if Hazard and Silva swapped teams, I think City would be on another level. Hazard has vision, dribbling, great balance, can shoot with his left or right foot and just has everything in his locker. Silva on the other hand scored quite a few last season compared to previous ones but whereas I see Hazard being able to be a game changer, for instance with what he done against Arsenal and Barcelona where he beat 3-4 players and scored, I can't see Silva doing that. Because he is not a fast player and is not the type of player who can run past 3-4 players. He relies on his close ball control whereas Hazard has an excellent burst of acceleration that combines with his excellent close ball control. That being said both are great players but on individual ability, I just think Hazard has much more qualities than Silva.

Because scoring goals are what separated top wingers from just great wingers. No one is asking him to go out and bang in 40 goals like Neymar but like others said around 20 every season is something he should be aiming for. Atm he is around 15 goals and I believe half of that are pen, he is capable of hitting 20 every season now he is entering the peak of his career.

That is why Willian is often overlooked as if only he has contributed to something more substantial, he would be considered one of the best winger in the world but as it is he is just considered a good winger.

So Ronaldinho and Figo were not top wingers by your logic.

Silva is the best pure no 10 now that Iniesta is on the wane. He and Hazard are not similar players but Silva is most definitely in the same class as him.We are talking about a player that's been in conversation of the best playmaker in Europe for the past 5 seasons atleast alongside Iniesta and Ozil. When he's in form, no one in world football runs the game/controls the tempo of the game like him (Xavi is semi retired and Iniesta isn't the same player anymore, so they don't count).

I dont see why people are saying Hazard should START as a #10. His role right now is fine just the way it is. He has freedom. He can roam the pitch whenever he wants. Its not like he doesnt move from the touchline. I think its smart to have him on the wing. Where he can be one on one against a defender. He capable of destroying any defender he wants imo when it comes to 1v1.

All were missing is someone who can make use of the space Hazard creates by being such a threat. Teams often double up on him and then that gives the striker & the #10 more space. But Oscar and Willian and even Cesc are often not decisive enough. Thats why I think we are one player shy of becoming a team that can go on and win the Champions League. Maybe a player like Isco or Gotze. Certainly not Moses. We need ONE more world class player going forward. Eden is already the crown jewel we just need someone to carry the load with him.

This. In the modern game, its the fullbacks who create width, the are no classical wingers anymore. Unfortunately azpi isn pegged to the byline most of the time as he has to protect terry.

This. In the modern game, its the fullbacks who create width, the are no classical wingers anymore. Unfortunately azpi isn pegged to the byline most of the time as he has to protect terry.

He's on his wrong foot to cross. We could always move Terry to RCB along with Azpi and that would solve the problem and we use baba or x LB on the left, but Iva is going nowhere.

It's not about width, though. It's simply about having a partner for Eden that defenders won't sag off.