Eden Hazard

the wes

Mourinho on Hazard...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/594015/Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-Eden-Hazard-Arsenal-Man-Utd-warning

"To repeat the awards, I believe he has got to get better, because the normal tendency is for people to find another star.

“People find somebody new to get these individual trophies. But he has all the conditions to improve. With his age he can improve.

“I talk to all of them (the squad). Medical department too. I told them. You have to be better. Two years ago we reached the CL semi-final but he didn’t play. He didn’t play in Madrid, he played injured at home. So he arrived in that crucial moment not in condition.

“Last year we didn’t do well and we were out immediately so he also needs a good Champions League. I’m not saying winning but I say a proper Champions League. But no matter, he is fantastic.

“He’s getting stronger and stronger, not just in his body, but in his attitude. He’s mentally tough. He’s not the kind of boy who overreacts. After a bad tackle he never rolls and rolls like other players do. He doesn’t try and push referees to make certain decisions. Eden is not this guy. He’s loyal and honest, and gets lots of respect from opponents because of that.”

"I would like more protection for him, but it’s beyond my control.

“The only thing I can do is what I am doing and what Eden is doing, which is to work and work and work to be stronger and stronger. I don’t want to change his mentality or personality. I don’t want him crying or overreacting. I don’t want someone to touch his shoulder and he reacts by throwing his hands in his face like some players do. I want Eden to be what he is – absolutely fantastic.

“Eden is coming with big status now and was voted one of the top ten players in Europe last year. In my opinion he should be in the top three not in the top ten. Let’s see what is going to happen but we have these people. But let’s say John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic are our captains and the others are ready to come.

“On the pitch Eden leads. He is not afraid to take responsibility. He is not afraid to get the team in a dark situation and bring blue sky again for the team.”

On a side note, Mourinho seemed to have indicated Ivanovic is the vice-captain right now (second last paragraph).

And the former Real Madrid manager has even claimed that Hazard can be judged ahead of Ronaldo, based on trophies rather than personal success.

Jose better be quiet. Ronaldo is the only reason why Real Madrid still didn't come knocking on our door for Hazard. If they were to rate him higher than Cristiano, we'd be fucked.

That goal he scored in our game against Barcelona reminds me of his run against Arsenal in our 2-0 victory last season where he took the ball past 3-4 players and ended up getting fouled by Koscielny in which he scored the resulting penalty. Fantastic player. Such a joy to watch.

Hazard just made Douglas go on loan...

*Jose needs to manage hazard better. Hazard got whack so many times today and kept him in the longest in a preseason game...

I think he managed him well. Eden needs to regain fitness and sharpness. Tbh he didn't do much running in the PSG game or the Barca game. The PSG game I don't even think he even dribbled once. And the Barca game a few dashes on the break. This is good for him.

He tends to start the season a little slow. I think he had 3 or 4 goals by November. And more or less the same the two seasons before that. Hopefully he starts better this season. I think this has been his most impressive pre season so far. He's looks good defensively and he's been clinical. Hopefully that's a feature of his season in 15/16