Eden Hazard

the wes

Again it's not about individuals although of course that helps. This year we would have probably tore that Madrid side a new one despite all the names they had because their system was not working.

I dont think so. Real is weak in midfeild and defense without Modric and they show that when being pressed. We would certainly play very deep against them. They would open us wide...Ronaldo vs Iva etc. Even if we scored against them, they woul score more.

If we pressed them high, then who knows. But we didnt play like that against any top team so I doubt we would against RM. It would be tight at best, but we wouldnt tore them a new one. Even if we could, Mou tactics wouldnt allow that.

You are right about wining CL tho. Teams will always prevail against individuals.

I dont think so. Real is weak in midfeild and defense without Modric and they show that when being pressed. We would certainly play very deep against them. They would open us wide...Ronaldo vs Iva etc. Even if we scored against them, they woul score more.

If we pressed them high, then who knows. But we didnt play like that against any top team so I doubt we would against RM. It would be tight at best, but we wouldnt tore them a new one. Even if we could, Mou tactics wouldnt allow that.

You are right about wining CL tho. Teams will always prevail against individuals.

The manager's are an under rated aspect of the game, I would have strongly fancied Mous chances of outsmarting Carlo.

Also he came to The Bridge with Inter and went for it and vs Liverpool last season as two recent examples.

The manager's are an under rated aspect of the game, I would have strongly fancied Mous chances of outsmarting Carlo.

Also he came to The Bridge with Inter and went for it and vs Liverpool last season as two recent examples.

IMO this team isnt ''grown up'' enough to fully suit Mou tactics. In inter, for example he had 11 players that perfectly fitted into his tactics, any opponent given. In current team, we have Cesc who is pretty much useless at dictating tempo in big games, then there is our attack that is simply not efficient enough. We create alot, score alot, but also miss damn too many chances at one on one, or making stupid decision in final third. For example, Inter on counter attack, they had Milito, Etoo and Sneijder, anyone of three would score in like 90% chances, if 1vs1. In our team, cant say same for Oscar, Willian, even Hazard.

But in few years, our team could end up very very connected and efficient, with all key players improving.

Obviously its kinda pointless to discuss who would win, ball is round, then there is daily form, bit of luck, etc...but point is Real when fully fit is still quite better team than ours IMO.

I wouldnt even count Liverpool as example when you compare to RM though :halo:

IMO this team isnt ''grown up'' enough to fully suit Mou tactics. In inter, for example he had 11 players that perfectly fitted into his tactics, any opponent given. In current team, we have Cesc who is pretty much useless at dictating tempo in big games, then there is our attack that is simply not efficient enough. We create alot, score alot, but also miss damn too many chances at one on one, or making stupid decision in final third. For example, Inter on counter attack, they had Milito, Etoo and Sneijder, anyone of three would score in like 90% chances, if 1vs1. In our team, cant say same for Oscar, Willian, even Hazard.

But in few years, our team could end up very very connected and efficient, with all key players improving.

Obviously its kinda pointless to discuss who would win, ball is round, then there is daily form, bit of luck, etc...but point is Real when fully fit is still quite better team than ours IMO.

I wouldnt even count Liverpool as example when you compare to RM though :halo:

Liverpool at the time were on top form with Suarez playing at the inhunam level of Ronaldo and Messi, we were not at our best and people expected us to sit deep and counter or even park the bus, but we pressed high, got in their faces and absolutely destroyed them, if we went into half time 3 or 4 goals up they could have had no complaints whatsoever. That's why I used them as an example.

Cesc is useless in dictating the tempo in big games because we don't set up to dictate... You can't dictate the tempo if your team isn't set up to.

Exactly, thats why he is useless. His main strength becomes unneccesary and you dont need such player on pitch then...

However if you put lets say Verrattii in Cesc situation, Verrati would still make alot of impact with his agressivness, dribbling, holding the ball etc. Cesc on other hand will never hold the ball well under pressure which is big problem for team if that player is your key creator.

Exactly, thats why he is useless. His main strength becomes unneccesary and you dont need such player on pitch then...

However if you put lets say Verrattii in Cesc situation, Verrati would still make alot of impact with his agressivness, dribbling, holding the ball etc. Cesc on other hand will never hold the ball well under pressure which is big problem for team if that player is your key creator.

Verratti is good at all that but he doesn't have Cesc's vision. It's a trade off. For Mourinho's system in big games, Cesc definitely doesn't work in the pivot but IMO you can't blame him for that. He is the player he is.

Verratti is good at all that but he doesn't have Cesc's vision. It's a trade off. For Mourinho's system in big games, Cesc definitely doesn't work in the pivot but IMO you can't blame him for that. He is the player he is.

I don't agree, He has a superb vision IMO. Maybe it's not so obvious because he plays less long passes unlike Cesc who tries a lot of risky passes. Cesc complemented him in an interview saying he reminded him of Xavi, tells you a lot about the player.

I think Fabregas is fantastic but his lack of atletic ability is the one thing that make him a step down from the likes of Xavi Iniesta etc.. however it's unfair to say he can't hold the ball under pressure. He's no Mata.