Eden Hazard

the wes

The scoreline might not have reflected it but we did destroy City away, Liverpool and Arsenal at home last season. They were some of our best performances in recent years.

we also beat Spurs at home with ease.

we also beat Spurs at home with ease.

Spurs are a big team? :ph34r:

(didn't mention that because they simply capitulated. practically gave us the win. those City, Liverpool and Arsenal games were far more impressive)

True but i was talking about this season though.

Thing is we have shown the capability to do it. It's just that we couldn't produce the same level of performances this season for one reason or another.

Thing is we have shown the capability to do it. It's just that we couldn't produce the same level of performances this season for one reason or another.

Because we changed the team?

Last seasons team was good in big games and couldn't break the bus, the opposite this season.

They still got results tbf to them, but the performances were mostly meh.

Spurs are a big team? :ph34r:

(didn't mention that because they simply capitulated. practically gave us the win. those City, Liverpool and Arsenal games were far more impressive)

no but clockwork said we never destroyed them

This

The lack of options when oscar and fabregas lost form and Remy always getting injured when costa couldn't play killed our momentum.

If we had a central midfielder like koke we would have not felt fabregas impact on our passing game.

If we had reus on the right wing, Willian could come to the middle and replace oscar smoothly in the 2nd part of the season.

Then we had to use drogba because Remy and Costa couldn't stay fit. Annoying really

This would be best. I think Schweinsteiger could have a Ballack-like impact on the squad; he can be defensive or creative. He would not curtail RLC or Ake's development either due to his age. His lack of pace does not matter, Fabregas and Matic are only slightly quicker.

It would give us these options.

Matic

Schweini Fabregas That can either be a bus breaker or a really balanced midfield, depending on how you instruct Schweinsteiger to play. Probably would be our strongest midfield - its only weakness would be lack of pace.

Matic Schweini Schweinsteiger is DLP.

Oscar

Schweini RLC Schweini holds. RLC b2b, Cesc is 10. Matic can be rested without completely debalancing the mid.

Cesc

Matic Schweini Would be the most defensive.

Willian

For me he would be a fantastic signing. Him and Reus.

I really enjoyed watching him operate in the middle of the pitch against Sunderland. Made me think of what the possibilities would be with

Reus - Hazard - Willian

Atm Reus is a player returning from injury, not to fixate on you alone because many of us share your opinion here but i fail to see why a player struggling to be consistant(missing the world cup/barely any playing time this season) could be of higher value than Willian has been on the right wing this season.

Maybe in the long run yes, but not next season, he just won't give us that extra we need.

And when we speak in the longer run, there's enough viable options for that in the youth team.

Atm Reus is a player returning from injury, not to fixate on you alone because many of us share your opinion here but i fail to see why a player struggling to be consistant(missing the world cup/barely any playing time this season) could be of higher value than Willian has been on the right wing this season.

Maybe in the long run yes, but not next season, he just won't give us that extra we need.

And when we speak in the longer run, there's enough viable options for that in the youth team.

I have Willian in the Right Wing position and I have Reus because he can score goals. I know all about his injuries and his recovery, watching Hazard made me think... That's all.

That is it. In Jose's system, especially in big games, we need another power player in the pivot next to Matic. Ramires doesn't work.

People underestimate size in midfield with quality in possession.

We used to have essien, ballack and lampard in midfield or Tiago, Makelele, lampard. Now Juventus have used the same model of having big physical quality passing midfielders and are dominating big teams like we used to in 2005

Interesting. 3-3 in aggregate vs PSG and losing to Atletico last year. 3-3 vs PSG again this year yet capable of tearing Real a new one. So either you think Real are easier to beat then PSG or failing to beat PSG was simply down to poor luck?

I'd say Chelsea are tough to beat, but also find it hard to beat quality teams.

What a weird way to 'equate' things. By that logic, Bradford would have taken the EPL by storm!

I think the way we play is perfect to counter Madrid who had very large and obvious wholes in their system this season that I am confident we would have been able ro exploit.

Last seasons team was good in big games and couldn't break the bus, the opposite this season.

That and also because we're trying to change the playing style. Our pragmatism from start to finish last season suited us when it came to the big games. This time around, we're still trying to find the balance between both approaches with some new additions in the team.

Another ironic thing is that, last season we had a strong squad depth and it gave us options to change things. This season, less options and we couldn't change much. Usually only in the pivot and the No.10 position.

I think Mou sqw how important the title was this time and prioritised flat track bullying our way there and safe to say job done.

I agree, we really haven't destroyed any of City, United, Arse, Pool. Spuds. So not sure how anyone can claim we can destroy Madrid.

But i do think Madrid plays to our strength.

Well, Stoke city completely "destroyed" Liverpool, Leicester "destroyed" United. Does it mean they can "destroy" RM or Juv? We confortably beat those epl teams last year. What did we do in the CL? CL games are quite odd. Trust me, after the group stages, anyone can beat anyone.