Eden Hazard

the wes

There is only one way to keep Hazard here: Buy the best young players so we can win the CL. Players like Pogba, Reus and Griezmann should join Chelsea this summer. We won't win the CL with Oscar and Willian.

And turn into Madrid with probably the worst trophies per investment ratio? No thanks.

Teams and systems win CLs, individuals don't. I think that should be very clear by now.

And turn into Madrid with probably the worst trophies per investment ratio? No thanks.

Teams and systems win CLs, individuals don't. I think that should be very clear by now.

The difference is too big imo.

Barca:

Neymar-Suarez-Messi

-----------Iniesta----------

Real:

CR-Benzema-Bale

----James/Isco-------

Chelsea:

Hazard-Costa-Willian

----------Oscar----------

Wait...what?

Don't think we are strong enough to win that trophy at this very moment.

The difference is too big imo.

Barca:

Neymar-Suarez-Messi

-----------Iniesta----------

Real:

CR-Benzema-Bale

----James/Isco-------

Chelsea:

Hazard-Costa-Willian

----------Oscar----------

Wait...what?

Don't think we are strong enough to win that trophy at this very moment.

Again it's not about individuals although of course that helps. This year we would have probably tore that Madrid side a new one despite all the names they had because their system was not working.

This year we would have probably tore that Madrid side a new one despite all the names they had because their system was not working.

No we wouldn't have. Chelsea struggled in pretty much every big game in the 2nd half of the season.

Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 including Ramires-Matic; Willian-Fabregas-Hazard; Costa

Simply did not work as expected. And they had several games they couldn't even get a shot on target.

No we wouldn't have. Chelsea struggled in pretty much every big game in the 2nd half of the season.

Simply did not work as expected. And they had several games they couldn't even get a shot on target.

WWWDLWDWWDDWWDDWWWWDWWDLW

We played smartly in the second half of the season and we would have countered Madrid's approach because they were not at all difficult to beat.

Anyway that's besides the point which was: Names alone don't make a great team.

How many times did we exactly line up like that in big games in the 2nd half of the season considering we had suspensions and injuries?

We played smartly in the second half of the season and we would have countered Madrid's approach because they were not at all difficult to beat.

I agree obviously with the last line.

But i really don't believe the Chelsea of this season could have beaten Real with that lineup Mourinho kept using; Willian was always absent at RW, Fabregas didn't play as well at #10 and Ramires was also underperforming beside Matic. Can't exactly topple the big teams like that.

How many times did we exactly line up like that in big games in the 2nd half of the season considering we had suspensions and injuries?

There was no Costa for several games, but we saw the 5 in midfield many times.

Precisely.

Was...

Drogba

Bertrand - Mata - Kalou

...good enough to win the CL?

Yes it fucking was.

And old Drogba, at that.

I don't think people appreciate just how good the team we have is. Only the 04/05 team was better IMO. Reus in and that team wins the CL for me.

Precisely.

Was...

Drogba

Bertrand - Mata - Kalou

...good enough to win the CL?

Yes it fucking was.

And old Drogba, at that.

I don't think people appreciate just how good the team we have is. Only the 04/05 team was better IMO. Reus in and that team wins the CL for me.

Especially since having one of Oscar or Willian on the bench means that our first choice mids can be rested - the lack of serious backup options crippled our season IMO.

Interesting. 3-3 in aggregate vs PSG and losing to Atletico last year. 3-3 vs PSG again this year yet capable of tearing Real a new one. So either you think Real are easier to beat then PSG or failing to beat PSG was simply down to poor luck?

I'd say Chelsea are tough to beat, but also find it hard to beat quality teams.

Well i would say Madrid is a better match up for us. What is Mou strength? reactive and conservative football, that would have been an excellent approach against Madrid.

Being reactive and conservative was awful approach against a 10 men PSG team, and they rightfully made us pay for it. Atletico is not easy team to counter against, they specialize in that.

We all have comfort zone undoubtedly, and when we step out of it we don't do as well. For Mou is playing the underdog and reactive style, struggles when stepping out of that and when the situation asks for a more proactive approach.

Have you confused us with your Juventus? :P

Well i would say Madrid is a better match up for us. What is Mou strength? reactive and conservative football, that would have been an excellent approach against Madrid.

Being reactive and conservative was awful approach against a 10 men PSG team, and they rightfully made us pay for it. Atletico is not easy team to counter against, they specialize in that.

We all have comfort zone undoubtedly, and when we step out of it we don't do as well. For Mou is playing the underdog and reactive style, struggles when stepping out of that and when the situation asks for a more proactive approach.

That's true. I guess it's his choice of words. Chelsea stands a chance against any team, but to destroy or comfortably beat a top team... the team is not at that level (yet).

And I'm not so sure this Chelsea side is better than the likes of Atletico, Juve and PSG, as a collective. I think it's pretty evenly matched. The quality is there though, to surpass them. Courtois, Terry, Azpi, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard and Costa are all among the best in their positions.

Especially since having one of Oscar or Willian on the bench means that our first choice mids can be rested - the lack of serious backup options crippled our season IMO.

This

The lack of options when oscar and fabregas lost form and Remy always getting injured when costa couldn't play killed our momentum.

If we had a central midfielder like koke we would have not felt fabregas impact on our passing game.

If we had reus on the right wing, Willian could come to the middle and replace oscar smoothly in the 2nd part of the season.

Then we had to use drogba because Remy and Costa couldn't stay fit. Annoying really

That's true. I guess it's his choice of words. Chelsea stands a chance against any team, but to destroy or comfortably beat a top team... the team is not at that level (yet).

And I'm not so sure this Chelsea side is better than the likes of Atletico, Juve and PSG, as a collective. I think it's pretty evenly matched. The quality is there though, to surpass them. Courtois, Terry, Azpi, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard and Costa are all among the best in their positions.

I agree, we really haven't destroyed any of City, United, Arse, Pool. Spuds. So not sure how anyone can claim we can destroy Madrid.

But i do think Madrid plays to our strength.

I agree, we really haven't destroyed any of City, United, Arse, Pool. Spuds. So not sure how anyone can claim we can destroy Madrid.

But i do think Madrid plays to our strength.

The scoreline might not have reflected it but we did destroy City away, Liverpool and Arsenal at home last season. They were some of our best performances in recent years.