test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

1 hour ago, sir_volrath said:

So this is the narrative you're convincing yourself to believe? 

That's pretty funny.

So who wanted him enough to put a bid in? I'm sure it would have come out.

Whether he signs a new contract or not IF anyone wants him they will be after him next summer. And if he doesn't sign his contract we wont have as much leverage as we do now.

Just like we should have sold T'boa last season is we wanted to capitalize on him. MIGHT have doubled our money.

10 hours ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

I don't have an agenda against him mate. I just don't rate him as much as other people do. And that doesn't only involve preseason. I've never been super impressed by him. 

I want him to do good, but I don't expect him to be the second coming of Lampard. 

Can he help? Yeah. Is it vital for us to keep him? No.

I don't believe he is the 2nd coming of Lampard either, it is incredible high standard to disregard a player just because he isn't second coming Lampard. One of the best midfielder of his generation, finished as high as 2nd in the Ballon D Or.

I think RLC can become a great player, one of the very best in the world at his position? most likely not, but a player in the caliber in the likes Carrick or in the same regard say Claudio Marchisio. I think it is most likely possible. He has a lot of talent, needs to improve from a tactical side and stamina.

12 hours ago, manpe said:

He did call for Chelsea to sign class players too, transfer deadline is already tomorrow so it's not happening and he knows it. So far we have signed only one class player (not even plural), and we haven't allowed him to leave even though everybody knows he wanted to. He knows he's stuck at a club with no ambition to match his. I'm sure he's not the happiest atm.

Even though Hazard came out and demand the board to sign quality players, I doubt he is the only one who feels that way in the dressing room. 

Regarding the whole Hazard-Real Madrid thing, yes, we may have not allowed him to leave but it is within our right, no? He's still got two years left on his contract and Real Madrid have hardly even pushed for him either, despite the big price tag placed on him. Plus, while Hazard has said many times about wanting to go to Madrid, he hasn't exactly pushed for the transfer, has he? Could have handed in a transfer request to force the board's hand by now but hasn't done that at all and instead, he's decided to continue staying on. Why? 

yuvala likes this

11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

So who wanted him enough to put a bid in? I'm sure it would have come out.

Whether he signs a new contract or not IF anyone wants him they will be after him next summer. And if he doesn't sign his contract we wont have as much leverage as we do now.

Just like we should have sold T'boa last season is we wanted to capitalize on him. MIGHT have doubled our money.

No doubt he was interested in the prospect of a Madrid move

But what's also more than likely, and I'm pretty sure you'll disagree, is that Hazard was nice enough and likes Chelsea enough (I think a part of him weirdly has faith in what the club can achieve, and plus he knows he's valued here) not to force a move or put in a transfer request. He could have tried to make things difficult.

There have been reports of informal talks with Madrid, but Chelsea was never really in the mood to entertain a transfer this season.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Even though Hazard came out and demand the board to sign quality players, I doubt he is the only one who feels that way in the dressing room. 

Regarding the whole Hazard-Real Madrid thing, yes, we may have not allowed him to leave but it is within our right, no? He's still got two years left on his contract and Real Madrid have hardly even pushed for him either, despite the big price tag placed on him. Plus, while Hazard has said many times about wanting to go to Madrid, he hasn't exactly pushed for the transfer, has he? Could have handed in a transfer request to force the board's hand by now but hasn't done that at all and instead, he's decided to continue staying on. Why? 

Hazard's case is always an interesting and unique one.

I think part of it is because he doesn't have work with an agent that gives him ideas.

Seeing how Courtois behaved at Genk before he signed with us, and now seeing him repeat the same with the Madrid move, it makes me think he's getting tips from his agent on how to force a move.

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Hazard's case is always an interesting and unique one.

I think part of it is because he doesn't have work with an agent that gives him ideas.

Seeing how Courtois behaved at Genk before he signed with us, and now seeing him repeat the same with the Madrid move, it makes me think he's getting tips from his agent on how to force a move.

True but it doesn't take a genius to make a move happen by handing in a transfer request, does it? Is he feeling conflicted about the whole thing?

Eden is still a complete professional. Hasn't pushed for a move, respected the club's wishes and looks set to do his job. Hopefully Sarri can instill a desire to stay for a while longer and see out more with us, he had the potential to become a real legend for us.

Just now, Jason said:

True but it doesn't take a genius to make a move happen by handing in a transfer request, does it? Is he feeling conflicted about the whole thing?

I think he is conflicted.

That's when the agent can step in and remove that conflict.

Courtois: "Hazard has congratulated me for signing up for Real Madrid. I'd like to play next to him someday and if he came here it would be fantastic." #CFC #RMCF

:middlefinger:

15 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Courtois: "Hazard has congratulated me for signing up for Real Madrid. I'd like to play next to him someday and if he came here it would be fantastic." #CFC #RMCF

Literally posted above?

Either way, he can dream :P

15 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

You played in the same team for 4 years. If you wanted to do sk still you should not have left. And if you wantto play NEXT to him you just need to learn to be an outfield player

17 minutes ago, Dingus said:

He’s here for another season.

Sign this man up to a bumper deal please Roman. All the monies plz.

All we know for now is he is not going to a rival premier league team. Until I see Hazard on the pitch, giving 110% I am still cautious, I was slightly concerned with his appearance against Lyon, he showed nothing to indicate he wanted to stay here.

I think his head has gone, he thinks, like Thibaut, he is better than the club and was always destined for Real Madrid.

Supermonkey92 likes this

2 hours ago, dreamcfc said:

All we know for now is he is not going to a rival premier league team. Until I see Hazard on the pitch, giving 110% I am still cautious, I was slightly concerned with his appearance against Lyon, he showed nothing to indicate he wanted to stay here.

I think his head has gone, he thinks, like Thibaut, he is better than the club and was always destined for Real Madrid.

I know what you're trying to say but isn't it a tad ridiculous to judge Hazard based on ONE appearance in a PRE-SEASON match? He had only returned from his summer break the day before and he came on for only the last 20 minutes against Lyon. Put those circumstances together, it's hard to even pass judgment on him. And that's without even mentioning that he and the others are still trying to adapt to Sarri's methods!

Now, god knows what will happen in the future but since he hasn't got his move to Real (pray nothing happens between now and August 31), he's better off just refocus, go out and enjoy himself out there and win games for us. If he doesn't want to sign that new contract, then fine. Just go out there, play well and see what happens in 2019, see if Real come for him when it would cost them less in transfer fee. If he goes AWOL mentally, it's not going to help anyone and in his case, it might deter Real from making a move for him. The ball is in his court really.

Honestly I can see Hazard doing a Courtois and not signing an extension. Dont think he would force a move away but I can see him leaving for free in a couple years time. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I honestly don't know where you are getting this from. Eden has shown the upmost professionalism. He is extremely respectful to us as fans. I understand that the threat of him leaving is there but to say that he feels he is bigger than the club is completely uncalled for.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I know what you're trying to say but isn't it a tad ridiculous to judge Hazard based on ONE appearance in a PRE-SEASON match? He had only returned from his summer break the day before and he came on for only the last 20 minutes against Lyon. Put those circumstances together, it's hard to even pass judgment on him. And that's without even mentioning that he and the others are still trying to adapt to Sarri's methods!

Now, god knows what will happen in the future but since he hasn't got his move to Real (pray nothing happens between now and August 31), he's better off just refocus, go out and enjoy himself out there and win games for us. If he doesn't want to sign that new contract, then fine. Just go out there, play well and see what happens in 2019, see if Real come for him when it would cost them less in transfer fee. If he goes AWOL mentally, it's not going to help anyone and in his case, it might deter Real from making a move for him. The ball is in his court really.

It is ridiculous to judge him just on that small appearance, I agree but I am not judging him on just that, i'm judging based on the fact that he himself put a question mark on his future early in the summer, he also said over the holidays he will decide, which leaves more question marks for when he returned. You think that because he turned up for training that he is showing he is happy to be here next season?

It's not asking for too much in my opinion that he returns and shows some passion or happiness to be here, he didn't do that, looked like he couldn't be bothered to me, definitely not a player trying to impress the manager.