Eden Hazard

the wes

So what you are saying is that his passing is good if he decides to pass.....

Well, if we are going to go in that direction, Torres is a very good goalscorer, if he decides not to screw it up his shots

If you watch players, you can tell their technical ability and neymar has that in terms of passing. However, like Robben, he is a very selfish player more often than not.

because Hazard had to service Torres. Neymar has Messi, offcourse you will have more assists.

Another poster who only looks at the number of the stats without actually trying to interpret them, great

Mata had service to Torres as well.

Neymar is a fantastic goalscorer thats why.

Yeah ok, but Ronaldo is easily one of the most complete goalscorers of all time: solo goals, being on the right spot at the right time, powerful shots outside of the box, even headers. And he still beats him. Maybe the average level of football skill went down or something. I see no other explanation. :P

Ah well, good for him.

The most baffling thing in these discussion how often one wants to belittle the other player ability.

Example from this discussion - someone says "Hazard has a very good dribbling but Neymar's is also very good. Ok maybe Hazard is better here"

For fuck suck, the best beat of Hazard play is sooo diminished here. Eden Hazard has immaculate dribbling, absolutely the best in the world alongside Messi. He's constantly a beast in taking on people, no matter what player he faces, if it's a rain, sun, small pitch, large pitch, home, away or when he's designated to be the only attacking threat in the team, he is always there with his ridiculously consistent dribbling.

Don't deflate that, please !

Neymar is always at the end of attack in barcelona with messi and suarez creating chances for him..that is why he is scoring more..usual attack of barcelona this season is messi cutting inside from the right side and neymar moving to centre from left with fullbacks providing width..the only thing i rate neymar more than hazard is finishing...everything else hazard is a better player whether it is in terms of close control,balance,agility,dribbling,playmaking and creativity..I will just laugh at the statement that neymar is a better technical player than hazard..

If you watch players, you can tell their technical ability and neymar has that in terms of passing. However, like Robben, he is a very selfish player more often than not.

Yes, but then you are talking about technical abilty. The act of making a pass is not the same as having good passing ability because that includes passing when you should and seeing a good pass when there is an opportunity to do so. And you yourself claimed Neymar is guilty off not doing these things, so to use his passing as an argument to why he is a good player is simply not right according to your own statements.

It would for example be the same if i said Mikel is a good passer because he can complete a lot of passes each game while in reality he isn't because he slows everything down by passing sideways and backwards

Yes, but then you are talking about technical abilty. The act of making a pass is not the same as having good passing ability because that includes passing when you should and seeing a good pass when there is an opportunity to do so. And you yourself claimed Neymar is guilty off not doing these things, so to use his passing as an argument to why he is a good player is simply not right according to your own statements.

It would for example be the same if i said Mikel is a good passer because he can complete a lot of passes each game while in reality he isn't because he slows everything down by passing sideways and backwards

It's different. Most players can't make the pass, Neymar can. Neymar like Robben both have superior passing abilities, yet both are selfish "creators."

Mikel is not. He passes backwards, therefore has a high passing completion.

First and foremost, your stats are wrong. Neymar has only had 15 assists over the last two seasons with Barcelona, whilst Eden had 19 over the last two season with Chelsea; so you using your 'assist stats' only argument is completely debunked (it was very weak to begin with IMO). There's no way you're telling me that Hazard is less of a playmaker than Neymar, it's not even arguable IMO. If you wanted a creator in your team you wouldn't pick Neymar over Hazard. Neymar is a goal scorer. Hazard is a creator. Hazard creates a lot more than Neymar, not even arguable. You don't even need stats to prove that, just watch both play - but since you love your stats it seems, I'll just quickly look at a few. Neymar is the least creative Barcelona forward this season, averaging 1.3 key passes per game in La Liga, compared to Messi and Suarez who average 2.5 and 2.2 respectively. Hazard on the other hand averages 2.9 key passes per game in the PL.

It really isn't arguable who's the better creator, sorry. (This is without going into the fact that Hazard had to feed the likes of Torres, whilst Neymar plays with Messi and now Suarez).

Neymar is very impressive for his country but international football doesn't mean much to me at all when comparing players so sorry.

Yeah, sure, Neymar has bulked up a bit this season but he isn't touching Hazard physically. Neymar might be a bit faster over the lateral but Hazard is definitely more explosive, more imposing physically and as I said before, Neymar can only dream of the balance Hazard has.

Can you imagine Neymar trying to track back and putting in a defensive shift like Hazard does? Nope, me neither.

Sorry, for me Hazard is the better player, and you're not going to convince me otherwise because I've watched a lot of Neymar so I know exactly what he's about.

Those stats were from all comps and I don't quite understand why are you ignoring Neymar's impact in international football? Maybe because he's light years ahead of Hazard in that aspect? About putting in a defensive shift- let's admit that Neymar is more of a forward and Hazard is more of a midfielder. It's not like Neymar doesn't support his fullback at all though. When on form, Neymar is absolutely running riot and is very tough to contain with his unpredictability.

In all honesty, I think Hazard would be a better fit for Barcelona but Neymar is clearly the better player overall, at the club level as well as the international level.

It's different. Most players can't make the pass, Neymar can. Neymar like Robben both have superior passing abilities, yet both are selfish "creators."

Mikel is not. He passes backwards, therefore has a high passing completion.

You are not getting it.

You are saying Neymar can make certain passes, but he doesnt do it or he doesnt see it.

How can you be good at something you don't do?

You are not getting it.

You are saying Neymar can make certain passes, but he doesnt do it or he doesnt see it.

How can you be good at something you don't do?

Neymar does do it, just not as often as he should be.

Those stats were from all comps and I don't quite understand why are you ignoring Neymar's impact in international football? Maybe because he's light years ahead of Hazard in that aspect? About putting in a defensive shift- let's admit that Neymar is more of a forward and Hazard is more of a midfielder. It's not like Neymar doesn't support his fullback at all though. When on form, Neymar is absolutely running riot and is very tough to contain with his unpredictability.

In all honesty, I think Hazard would be a better fit for Barcelona but Neymar is clearly the better player overall, at the club level as well as the international level.

So if Hazard is a midfielder and Neymar a forward, what's the point of even comparing them?

IMO both players couldn't be any more different, and could easily play together on the same team.

Also, Hazard would be a great fit for most big teams because he's a team player who doesn't obsess about goals. Imagine Benz and Hazard beside Ronaldo, there will never be a game where he doesn't score lol.

To me Hazard is better than Neymar. I might be biased, I dont know, but that's how I feel.

And another thing. Even if Neymar was the better player I would still want Hazard on my team instead of Neymar. I hate watching all the dives from Neymar and because of the dives he is not a fair and likeable player. Everyone adores Hazard because he is an amazing player and a very clean and fair player. That means a lot to me.