Eden Hazard

the wes

so in other words, if Eden was english there wouldn't be a discussion who would be poty?

Yes and no.

Kane will win it because.

1. English

2. Young/new face of england

3. The amount of goals he scored in the second half of the season/his breakout play

I would give hazard the award, but, I can really see Kane winning both individual awards this year.

@MrExcalibur100, Lets be reasonable here. As much as we love Hazard, you can't put him up there with the two extraterrestrials: Messi and Ronaldo.

I see why we Chelsea fans often say that he's up there with Messi and Ronaldo because when you compare him with the next group of quality, elite footballers.. he dominates statistically.

2yxrqkm.png

But honestly, in my opinion... while I think he's comfortably better than Bale and Alexis. I think Robben and Neymar are both better than Hazard.They are deadly. You expect them to score every game for both club and country. They consistently score 20+ a season and they are deadly in front of goal. As much as Hazard is more of a playmaker, to truly be ABOVE Robben and Neymar, he needs to get 25 goals a season. He needs to develop that mentality where he wants to score every game even when its 5-0 like against Swansea and Schalke. Until then, he'll still be doubted by people and dumb Arsenal fans will say Alexis is better than him.

I mean just imagine Ballon D'or 2015 final 3 and its Messi, Ronaldo and Hazard. We might say he deserves it.. but what will everyone else say? WTF HE ONLY SCORES PENALTIES!! HE DIVES!! ONLY 15 GOALS IN THE PREM!! And so on and so forth.

To be up there with the two extraterrestrials, he needs to improve in front of goal. 25 goals a season and he'll be considered to be top 3.. even by his haters.

In 2012/2013 Ribery had similar stats, at the end he did not win it.

Only goals count for the Balon d'dOr these days, but it's just an individual award, winning cups is way more important.

I think that Hazard would agree.... :)

Yea and he won the treble. And still he was voted 3rd. Hazard will never win ballon dor aslong as messi and penaldo lives. The ballon dor is a joke anyway

Yea and he won the treble. And still he was voted 3rd. Hazard will never win ballon dor aslong as messi and penaldo lives. The ballon dor is a joke anyway

Ribery should have won it that year, or at least came 2nd. Same with Sneijder a few years back.

Dinho and Zidane won't stand a serious chance in this Messi/Ronaldo era, even if they played for Barcelona or Real Madrid, which is a crying shame. The award is fast losing its meaning.

how in the fucking hell do some think he isn't better than Neymar and Robben ... oh GFY!

if he doesn't win the PFA, POTY it would mean he's been great all year long without being recognized a single time, not even one player of the month award ... how fucking despicable would that be?

@MrExcalibur100, Lets be reasonable here. As much as we love Hazard, you can't put him up there with the two extraterrestrials: Messi and Ronaldo.

I see why we Chelsea fans often say that he's up there with Messi and Ronaldo because when you compare him with the next group of quality, elite footballers.. he dominates statistically.

2yxrqkm.png

But honestly, in my opinion... while I think he's comfortably better than Bale and Alexis. I think Robben and Neymar are both better than Hazard.They are deadly. You expect them to score every game for both club and country. They consistently score 20+ a season and they are deadly in front of goal. As much as Hazard is more of a playmaker, to truly be ABOVE Robben and Neymar, he needs to get 25 goals a season. He needs to develop that mentality where he wants to score every game even when its 5-0 like against Swansea and Schalke. Until then, he'll still be doubted by people and dumb Arsenal fans will say Alexis is better than him.

I mean just imagine Ballon D'or 2015 final 3 and its Messi, Ronaldo and Hazard. We might say he deserves it.. but what will everyone else say? WTF HE ONLY SCORES PENALTIES!! HE DIVES!! ONLY 15 GOALS IN THE PREM!! And so on and so forth.

To be up there with the two extraterrestrials, he needs to improve in front of goal. 25 goals a season and he'll be considered to be top 3.. even by his haters.

To win the ballon' d'or he definetly has to score more goals.

But to say Robben, Neymar are better because they are more deadly is just plain daft. They both play in superior teams who play superior attacking football with superior team mates. Neymar has fucking Messi/Iniesta/Rakitic/Suarez who can provide him with pin point passes. Hazard has Cesc/Oscar/Willian, nuff said.

Besides, the only way to judge goals is how important they are to the team. Look at CR and his 5 goals against granada, everybody raving how special that is, but essentially they meant nothing to the team and only count towards his personal ambitions. They would have won that game without him and his goals just as easily. When you compare that to Hazard's performance against Stoke it's clear he was way more vital to us and without him you can easily see us lose points.

how in the fucking hell do some think he isn't better than Neymar and Robben ... oh GFY!

if he doesn't win the PFA, POTY it would mean he's been great all year long without being recognized a single time, not even one player of the month award ... how fucking despicable would that be?

I guess Robben is somewhat understandable, because he's an incredible player, but Neymar, wow, that's a joke. I've watched him play so many times and i'm yet to get it. His movement off the ball is brilliant, he scores goals, but does little else. His dribbling, passing, football IQ, creativity and finishing is all poor. He tries to dribble past too many players thinking he's still in Brazil. He's a great skiller but his actual dribbling is not great. He gets dispossessed too often as well.

Like Ferguson said in an interview when asked about him, it's all hype and potential. Perhaps Neymar is the most over-hyped player I've ever witnessed in my days watching football. Whoever are his handlers must be some seriously powerful people. If he isn't scoring, he's a very average player and he's been very poor in 2015, only 3 or 4 goals this year, plus his attitude disgusts me. Always winding up the opposition and diving like a bitch. Reading Barcelona forums, and their fans are even calling for him to be dropped for Pedro for a couple of matches. I'll definitely take Sanchez over Neymar any day of the week in all seriousness. He's talented, but nowhere near as good as the media brainwash people to believe and 75-85% of his goals for Brazil have been in meaningless friendlies. 33 of his 43 goals in friendlies. It will be a travesty if he surpasses some really great players to be Brazil's 1st or 2nd highest scorer. Those players didn't have the luxury of padding up their stats with countless friendlies. Thankfully, Brazil will from now on have to play real qualifiers. If I was making a top 10 list of players in world footballers, he certainly won't be in it as I don't buy his hype. And if in the future, he manages to improve and make me eat my words, then great.

And I just don't type that to bring him down or anything or to compare him unfavourably with Eden, I've always felt this way about Neymar. Why would I anyway, it's he who needs to improve to reach Hazard's new level.

On a side-note, my top 5 best players in football in no order is Ronaldo, Suarez, Messi, Hazard and Robben.

To win the ballon' d'or he definetly has to score more goals.

But to say Robben, Neymar are better because they are more deadly is just plain daft. They both play in superior teams who play superior attacking football with superior team mates. Neymar has fucking Messi/Iniesta/Rakitic/Suarez who can provide him with pin point passes. Hazard has Cesc/Oscar/Willian, nuff said.

Besides, the only way to judge goals is how important they are to the team. Look at CR and his 5 goals against granada, everybody raving how special that is, but essentially they meant nothing to the team and only count towards his personal ambitions. They would have won that game without him and his goals just as easily. When you compare that to Hazard's performance against Stoke it's clear he was way more vital to us and without him you can easily see us lose points.

(1) In order to win that award ahead of Messi/Ronaldo, it does seem to be the case. But these two won't be around for ever and Hazard is improving every time. More importantly, we also need to do our part and get stronger as a team. We need more world class quality attacking options and we need to regularly challenge to win the Champions league to keep him at this club. That's just the reality.

(2) Yeah, I found it weird because the comparison isn't even like for like at all. It's like saying Van Nistelrooy > Bergkamp/Zola because the former scored more goals. Neymar's primary job is to run the channels with his movement off the ball and score goals. That much is obvious. And when he's not scoring......... case in point being his poor display in the Clasico and in both legs vs City. Anonymous all game. He rarely ever gets seriously involved in the build up, as he invariably messes it up anyway. That's Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic and partially Suarez's business. Hazard like Messi is expected to be the chief playmaker, the one who dictates the tempo of attacks and also chip in with goals. Unlike Messi, Hazard is also expected to track back more, though it seems Mourinho is giving Hazard more freedom recently.

(3) I read a comment on Marca after the Clasico that said : "CR scored his goal and Barca takes the 3 points. The two teams have achieved their objectives." Really cracked me up but there was a tint of truth to it.

I'm going to say it; Eden is, in my opinion, the second best player ever to line up for Chelsea. It's so much fun watching this bloke play football. I really, really hope we can get him more help next season so he, and we, can truly benefit from his genius. It's well over 50 years since Jimmy Greaves left the club and it may be 50 more before we sign another player of Eden's calibre.

We completely wasted Jimmy's talent because the rest of our squad at the time was poor. By no stretch of the most pessimistic fan's imagination could we say today's squad is poor, but extraordinary players deserve an extraordinary platform to display their talent. Let's build that platform for Eden then sit back and enjoy the show.

High praise indeed. Unfortunately, I never got to see the great man play. Which modern player can you compare him to, in terms of style of play, because the old videos don't do him justice. I reckon he's probably the best player England's ever had.... Alongside the great Stanley Matthews and Charlton.

High praise indeed. Unfortunately, I never got to see the great man play. Which modern player can you compare him to, in terms of style of play, because the old videos don't do him justice. I reckon he's probably the best player England's ever had.... Alongside the great Stanley Matthews and Charlton.

I managed to see both Zola and Eden live and I love Zola - but Eden is on a different planet.

Tv does not do him justice.

I have also seen CR7 in person and he is just as unbelievable as Eden.

Eden's pace from a standstill is breathtaking - it's worth the admission fee alone.

I don't think he will win B'd'or this year - but will be knocking on the door very soon! He should clean up domestically though.

This was Neymar's last game. This is the guy that's supposed to be on par with Hazard?! Watch that video. Watch it intently, then slap yourself ;)

I watched the match and Neymar was terrible. I said in some other thread that cuadrado performance against Stoke was better than this Neymar performance. I don't think hazard can play that poor.

Once Neymar doesn't get those cheap freekicks he used to get, he loses possession too much.

What I really don't understand about Neymar is that he's obviously an inferior player compared to the likes of Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho (I'll leave Pele out of the comparison because completely different era), yet he'll easily outscore all of them for Brasil, while he has a vastly inferior team. Is it just because every ball gets played directly to him? Quite weird. He's at 43 goals in 62 appearances. Those are better stats than even Ronaldo got. And the dude is 23. I think he shouldn't have gone to Barca, because he'll never be the real star there until Messi is gone. Should have made his own name in Europe in another top team.