Eden Hazard

the wes

Again, a typical Hazard game for the national team. 2/10. He really needs to step up his game for Belgium. Glad KDB was on the pitch, otherwise we would have created zero chances. Wilmots out please.

Like I said before, you always criticize Hazard & glorify KDB...

Who missed that majestic trough ball from Hazard? Eye in eye with their second division goalie!! It looked like a ginger school boy ,who had a very bad day! But cause he's flemish he doesn't get any stick? His comments after the match, like he couldn't give a damn!! If Eden made those he would get slaughtered!

Every corner, cross was weak/to far, he bited like a youth player would do, instead of cutting off pass lines. But people see that as putting in a great shift! I see that as being plain stupid!

Hazard wasn't great, but I thought Kevin was really bad, just like probably everyone bar Lombaerts/Alderweireld/Nainggolan/Denayer.

Midfield is tooo static with Radja, Witsel & Fellaini. What about playin with a number 10 Willie?!!

No movement around Hazard means he can't play to his standards, despite his dribbling he's a team player! If his dribbles don't succeed, they say he only plays for himself... (in Belgium)

That's why I wanna see him play in Bayern or Barca one day. (or bring Guardiola to Chelsea plz)

I'm so frustrated with all those people that just don't know sh** about the game... (no offense to you MC, you just need to put off your tinted glasses ;) )

Like I said before, you always criticize Hazard & glorify KDB...

Who missed that majestic trough ball from Hazard? Eye in eye with their second division goalie!! It looked like a ginger school boy ,who had a very bad day! But cause he's flemish he doesn't get any stick? His comments after the match, like he couldn't give a damn!! If Eden made those he would get slaughtered!

Every corner, cross was weak/to far, he bited like a youth player would do, instead of cutting off pass lines. But people see that as putting in a great shift! I see that as being plain stupid!

Hazard wasn't great, but I thought Kevin was really bad, just like probably everyone bar Lombaerts/Alderweireld/Nainggolan/Denayer.

Midfield is tooo static with Radja, Witsel & Fellaini. What about playin with a number 10 Willie?!!

No movement around Hazard means he can't play to his standards, despite his dribbling he's a team player! If his dribbles don't succeed, they say he only plays for himself... (in Belgium)

That's why I wanna see him play in Bayern or Barca one day. (or bring Guardiola to Chelsea plz)

I'm so frustrated with all those people that just don't know sh** about the game... (no offense to you MC, you just need to put off your tinted glasses ;) )

Hate KDB on the wing. Prefer he and Eden to play free roles as dual CAMs in a 4-3-2-1 set up. They seem to work best when they are interchanging.

for Belgium KDB > Hazard

for club Hazard > KDB

That all depends on the context of the NT. Wilmots is no Mou. Eden did it at Lille as well, so did KDB at a couple of places. He -Wilmots- cannot make a team play football to save his life. Yes, quote me on this once we have indeed lost one of the most talented generations ever.

This waste of talent management is cringeworthy.

Ps: the time of short term motivation is over after Leekens. Now we need more a solid tactical foundation as well. The slowness of our midfield and the lack of movement is going to kill the belgian NT while they should be at their prime. Wilmots can go kiss my ass, his passive aggressive attitude with the press talks books. He should learn from feedback and adapt tactically instead of being such a fucking passenger tactically. Its his job as a manager. Period.

That all depends on the context of the NT. Wilmots is no Mou. Eden did it at Lille as well, so did KDB at a couple of places. He -Wilmots- cannot make a team play football to save his life. Yes, quote me on this once we have indeed lost one of the most talented generations ever.

This waste of talent management is cringeworthy.

Ps: the time of short term motivation is over after Leekens. Now we need more a solid tactical foundation as well. The slowness of our midfield and the lack of movement is going to kill the belgian NT while they should be at their prime. Wilmots can go kiss my ass, his passive aggressive attitude with the press talks books. He should learn from feedback and adapt tactically instead of being such a fucking passenger tactically. Its his job as a manager. Period.

I think it would've been great if Belgium went for someone like Hiddink after the WC. If they came in for him I think he would've jumped at the chance, as he already managed his national team in the 90s. I think he has a great national team record considering the teams he managed; if he could take Russia to the Semis of Euro 2008 (nevermind finishing 4th in the WC 2002 with South Korea!), imagine what he could do with the talent of the Belgium national team! (Russia were a really good team at the time, but Belgium are considerably better).

I feel frustrated that Wilmots is Belgium's coach, I can only imagine how you guys feel!

I think it would've been great if Belgium went for someone like Hiddink after the WC. If they came in for him I think he would've jumped at the chance, as he already managed his national team in the 90s. I think he has a great national team record considering the teams he managed; if he could take Russia to the Semis of Euro 2008 (nevermind finishing 4th in the WC 2002 with South Korea!), imagine what he could do with the talent of the Belgium national team! (Russia were a really good team at the time, but Belgium are considerably better).

I feel frustrated that Wilmots is Belgium's coach, I can only imagine how you guys feel!

From the time KDB signed for Chelsea to the time he left, I watched every Belgian international. Over the course of those games I formed the opinion that their team, though good, was not quite as good as the hype. I did start to like their team though so I'd love to see them do as well as possible and I'm a Hiddink fan so I'd have liked to see him working with the Red Devils. It was never going to happen however. Guus had committed to the Dutch Job a long time before the World Cup started, before the qualifying campaign was even over in fact. He was never going to be available.

Well, most of us feel quite shitty. Other ones are in denial. It is may more than just KDB and Hazard. We have a structural problem in build up quatilty. Our pivot is experimental (it was slow before - but enter Naingollan), we have backs that make me want Ivanovic, we have a coach that has no attacking concept, but who has nowhere nearly the 'metier' Mou has decensively.

We need a coach with vision and we don't have it. If Hazard got off the the field in ander/disappointment, it is because of this. I am very upset with this. In Chelsea. Mou might be defensive and has some in perks in people skills, but he is a manager. Wilmots is a joke, he looks lucky just because of the talent at his disposal. A real manager gets a group like this to have a steady baseline performance at least.

Well, most of us feel quite shitty. Other ones are in denial. It is may more than just KDB and Hazard. We have a structural problem in build up quatilty. Our pivot is experimental (it was slow before - but enter Naingollan), we have backs that make me want Ivanovic, we have a coach that has no attacking concept, but who has nowhere nearly the 'metier' Mou has decensively.

We need a coach with vision and we don't have it. If Hazard got off the the field in ander/disappointment, it is because of this. I am very upset with this. In Chelsea. Mou might be defensive and has some in perks in people skills, but he is a manager. Wilmots is a joke, he looks lucky just because of the talent at his disposal. A real manager gets a group like this to have a steady baseline performance at least.

Perhaps he should actually train them instead of letting them play mini-football or hit-the-crossbar. Static, boring football with minimal link-up play or understanding between players after 3 years in charge ^^

people are going way overboard in their critique of Wilmots i feel.

Yes he is a bit tactical inept but he took a team full of talents that wasn't doing well and turned it into what it is today, a team that lost only one official match in over three years now and is third in fifa ranking. No matter how you look at that, it is impressive. If we had those results, and were playing the way we are now under a coach with a bigger reputation like Hiddink he would get a lot of praise for that.

Also, i don't think a new manager will change much. They are not miracle workers. Look at Mou, he doesnt turn certain players into gold (Schurlle, Salah, Torres...) etc., but he is very good at understanding what a team needs to have succes and he goes out and get it.

With the national team a manager's job mainly consists out of man managment and motivation and you can't argue that Wilmots is very good at those things. Tactics has its place but it's not going to be the deciding factor i feel.

We just have to realize we don't have the quality in some areas (CM/FB) to ever become a team that consistently plays great football. I mean, look at Chelsea, we have a great squad on paper and can bring almost anyone we want to strengthen it and still we are playing some turgid football that by no means is great attacking football at the moment but it is getting the results.

The fact that we play slow is more down to our players than our coach. Benteke, Lukaku, Witsel, Fellaini, Dembele etc. are never gonna give you fast free flowing football. It is in their nature to play slow. Don't think you can improve them on it as a coach when you only see them a few weeks every year

The players/formation we played against Israel is probably the one that works best for us, considering it brought us our greatest succes so far. If the players decide to be lackluster during a match, like against Israel, you can't tactically do much about it as a coach.

Wilmots is not blind to what is wrong with the team btw, he is trying to improve and tries things out (KDB as a 10, Naingolan as the 6 etc.) so i don't mind him too much and will not judge him too harshly

people are going way overboard in their critique of Wilmots i feel.

Yes he is a bit tactical inept but he took a team full of talents that wasn't doing well and turned it into what it is today, a team that lost only one official match in over three years now and is third in fifa ranking. No matter how you look at that, it is impressive. If we had those results, and were playing the way we are now under a coach with a bigger reputation like Hiddink he would get a lot of praise for that.

Also, i don't think a new manager will change much. They are not miracle workers. Look at Mou, he doesnt turn certain players into gold (Schurlle, Salah, Torres...) etc., but he is very good at understanding what a team needs to have succes and he goes out and get it.

With the national team a manager's job mainly consists out of man managment and motivation and you can't argue that Wilmots is very good at those things. Tactics has its place but it's not going to be the deciding factor i feel.

We just have to realize we don't have the quality in some areas (CM/FB) to ever become a team that consistently plays great football. I mean, look at Chelsea, we have a great squad on paper and can bring almost anyone we want to strengthen it and still we are playing some turgid football that by no means is great attacking football at the moment but it is getting the results.

The fact that we play slow is more down to our players than our coach. Benteke, Lukaku, Witsel, Fellaini, Dembele etc. are never gonna give you fast free flowing football. It is in their nature to play slow. Don't think you can improve them on it as a coach when you only see them a few weeks every year

The players/formation we played against Israel is probably the one that works best for us, considering it brought us our greatest succes so far. If the players decide to be lackluster during a match, like against Israel, you can't tactically do much about it as a coach.

Wilmots is not blind to what is wrong with the team btw, he is trying to improve and tries things out (KDB as a 10, Naingolan as the 6 etc.) so i don't mind him too much and will not judge him too harshly

I kinda agree. But Wimots is a short term fix. Like a motivational trainer that makes you walk on coals , and thinks this is the solution. His problem is not his motivational skills, nor his analyses. He just has no clue about a solution.

I kinda agree. But Wimots is a short term fix. Like a motivational trainer that makes you walk on coals , and thinks this is the solution. His problem is not his motivational skills, nor his analyses. He just has no clue about a solution.

I don't see many solutions either that would actually fix our FB problems or improve the static nature of our midfield. KDB as a 10 seems the logical one but we tried that already and he has yet to give a memorable performance in that position.

I see that Wilmots is trying to change things up a little and isn't too stubborn in how he goes about things so it might take him some time to figure things out and come to a solution but i don't think there is a reason not to give him that.

It reminds me a little bit of what i heard about Low and thier golden generation. He remember him being criticized in throwing away their golden generation as well but they sticked with him and it paid off. Don't know the exact story behind this and maybe some of the german members can comment more on this

Yeah, Hiddink is doing a wonderful job with Holland at the moment. He lost to Iceland, Czech Republic and almost to Turkey.

And South Korea was practically guided to the semis. So many "errors" by the referees...

Also, we don't have the millions of euros to pay his ridiculous wage. Same for Van Gaal. Might as well go for Guardiola while we're at it. ;-)