test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

So let's focus on one thing at a time. 

(first bolded part)

Do you really think the bolded parts have less to do with Hazard and more to do with the quality of team, investment in the team and the defensive tactics of his manager(s) in such games. It's obvious to me what the problem is.

(second bolded part)

Most of Hazard's best big game performances either come at home or against teams that play a similar brand of football to us. The reason is that in any one of these 2 scenarios Hazard generally sees more of the ball and can thus have a greater influence on the game (with notable exceptions being City and Barcelona because of just how dominant those teams are in possession). If you take that into consideration Hazard drops a minumum of 7.5-8.0/10 in most big games he plays

And if you were referring to all his games in general then you're totally wrong. 

 

I actually think that is is both. He is obviously hindered when we play defensively and I'll be one of the first to question our buys in recent seasons, but I also believe that Hazard doesn't have the ruthless mentality that separates the very good players from the truly great players. There have been games where things aren't happening for him and he gives off the impression that he accepts that too. 

As I've said multiple times (because I'm actually trying to work in between this) - he has been a fantastic servant to our club, and he is a wonderful player and one of the most naturally gifted that I've seen. I'm not knocking that and he can hold up his Chelsea record against the vast majority that have played here, but the biggest problem with this forum is that if anybody dares criticise him they never hear the end of it, and at the very least he must be open to criticism in recent weeks because his performances when we've needed him the most, have been nowhere near the standard he is capable of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

This is as active as any thread has been on this forum all year.

That’s because there are absolute weapons posting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its time to CASH in on Hazard. His performance is not going to improve anymore. At least 6 of the current team got to be ship out. Conte is playing asking to be sacked. Dnt think his heart is at Chelsea anymore, since his views are not with the board of Chelsea anymore. Time to bring in youths from the academy and give them chance to shine. What do you get from buying BAKO at 40 plus million pound ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mana said:


Had to be “since Aug 2016”. Also that tweet is old. Jan this year. Aguero, Kane, Mane, Sane definitely at least bettered or equalled Hazard's record now, and after Dele's double against us - Dele is above Hazard.

Anyway, how many goals did he score against a top 6 side this season?

...1. Against Arsenal. From a pen.

Willian scored way more than him this season against top 6. Even Alonso as well.

Hazard defenders here are getting a little bit over their heads now.

How can you continue to say positive things about Hazard when he has poor game after game - especially against Spuds when he didn’t turn up?? He goes missing for the majority of the game against any big side this season! (Whoops, sorry except Atletico I guess)

If Hazard is a legend, to me he is much as a legend as... Willian. Or Costa if he didn’t leave us.

He is nowhere NEAR the legendary status as Drogba, JT, Cole, Zola or even Lampard’s.

I agree with a couple of the points but I do think that's going completely the other way now to be honest. Hazard has given much more of his career than Willian and Costa and as I was trying to make the point last night, he has been a big player for us and was very instrumental in the two recent title wins. His record holds up against most other Chelsea players and for me, he will go down as a legend.

It's the constant barracking people receive on here if they openly criticise Hazard. For me, he does have issues with consistency because he can quite easily go a month or two with near constant unplayable performances, followed by a few weeks where he is quiet and anonymous at times. In recent weeks we've needed him more than ever and he's failed to step up and kick on and I do think that should leave him open to criticism and questions being asked. Having your Chelsea allegiance questioned or being labelled a 'casual fan' I think is quite frankly pathetic and out of order.

Everybody who posts on this forum has something to say about Chelsea and are entitled to their opinion whether others agree or not. Despite what some would like to think, peoples opinions on any player are exactly that - opinions, not facts and should be treated as respectfully as possible as a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I agree with a couple of the points but I do think that's going completely the other way now to be honest. Hazard has given much more of his career than Willian and Costa and as I was trying to make the point last night, he has been a big player for us and was very instrumental in the two recent title wins. His record holds up against most other Chelsea players and for me, he will go down as a legend.

Very instrumental? I think Costa was very instrumental in our recent title wins as well, without his goals we wouldn't have won those titles.

Hazard came at 2012, Costa came at 2015. The only trophy Costa missed out with Hazard was the Europa League trophy.

Thats why I said if Costa didn't leave us, he is as big as a legend as Hazard. Costa was very involved in all our recent trophy wins too. If Hazard leaves for Madrid next season, Costa = Hazard in terms of legendary status to me. He didn't provide anything extra against Costa bar having the advantage of staying longer.

DDA likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mana said:

Very instrumental? I think Costa was very instrumental in our recent title wins as well, without his goals we wouldn't have won those titles.

Hazard came at 2012, Costa came at 2015. The only trophy Costa missed out with Hazard was the Europa League trophy.

Thats why I said if Costa didn't leave us, he is as big as a legend as Hazard. Costa was very involved in all our recent trophy wins too. If Hazard leaves for Madrid next season, Costa = Hazard in terms of legendary status to me. He didn't provide anything extra against Costa bar having the advantage of staying longer.

Purely based on trophies I can't argue with you. Hazard was also injured in the Europa League final and missed it too.

However those three years, Hazard has still produced a number of match winning performances in that time period prior to Costa and had a more than reasonable goal and assist output during that time. That extra longevity needs to be considered and whilst there may be this media flirting with Real Madrid that all the Belgian's seem to love to do, he has shown far more commitment than Costa who openly wanted to leave pretty much as soon as he walked through the door.

But it is where a balance needs to be with regards to Hazard. He can't be blamed solely for not winning trophies in some of those seasons, otherwise it could be argued that Zola wasn't as much of a legend as he didn't win the major trophies that Hazard or Costa have and he is an obvious legend. He has at times had to play with a standard of players below his level and put in match winning performances to pull us through. But on the flip side he has to be questioned when he's not performing in important games where we've needed him to step up. That has been the case recently and rightfully should be questioned as a result. Has he checked out already? Is he playing within himself before the World Cup? Has he decided to not play for Conte anymore? Is he happy to see someone like Willian putting in some big performances lately and decided he doesn't need to step up as a result?

OneMoSalah likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can unserstand people defending his ability but to defend his performances this season is madness. I guess if you feel completing 3 out of 6 backheels on the spin is an acheivement.. then yh he has been immense.

OneMoSalah and bigbluewillie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sutro said:

Instead of getting to his so called "prime " years  i got the feeling that he's already declining.

This wouldn't be the case if he was at a top club and/or had a good manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DDA said:

I can unserstand people defending his ability but to defend his performances this season is madness. I guess if you feel completing 3 out of 6 backheels on the spin is an acheivement.. then yh he has been immense.

Madness ? 15 goals and 8 assists. Leading goalscorer, in all competitions, for us this season. He's been off form these last 4 weeks but that doesn't mean we should forget what he's done before that.

 

Tomo and Styles like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

Madness ? 15 goals and 8 assists. Leading goalscorer, in all competitions, for us this season. He's been off form these last 4 weeks but that doesn't mean we should forget what he's done before that.

 

4 weeks? Try since January. The most crucial part of the season and he’s been shite (especially in the big games). We shouldn’t let what he’s done before that cloud our judgement either, which seems to be happening far too much. Every player can do better but for someone with his ability and somebody who is constantly backed by the fans when others aren’t he needs to do a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

Madness ? 15 goals and 8 assists. Leading goalscorer, in all competitions, for us this season. He's been off form these last 4 weeks but that doesn't mean we should forget what he's done before that.

It's over, bro. The Hazard story here is finished. The same guys criticising him now will be crying for him when he joins a good team and does well.

Belgiannutt and Tomo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

4 weeks? Try since January. The most crucial part of the season and he’s been shite (especially in the big games). We shouldn’t let what he’s done before that cloud our judgement either, which seems to be happening far too much. Every player can do better but for someone with his ability and somebody who is constantly backed by the fans when others aren’t he needs to do a lot better.

4 goals 1 assist in january (7 games). 3 goals 2 assists in february (4 games). 7 goals and 3 assists in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 goals 1 assist in january (7 games). 3 goals 2 assists in february (4 games). 7 goals and 3 assists in 2018.
7 goals in 19 games certainly isn't good enough for someone that's supposed to be amongst the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
15 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:
4 goals 1 assist in january (7 games). 3 goals 2 assists in february (4 games). 7 goals and 3 assists in 2018.

7 goals in 19 games certainly isn't good enough for someone that's supposed to be amongst the best.

Either follow the conversation properly or stfu. I said he's been poor in march (4 weeks) onemosalah said he's been poor since january so i then brought up his stats clearly showing he has been performing in january and february.

He still scored more goals then any other Chelsea player in 2018.  Even Willian in the form of his life didn't score as much.

Styles likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Either follow the conversation properly or stfu. I said he's been poor in march (4 weeks) onemosalah said he's been poor since january so i then brought up his stats clearly showing he has been performing in january and february.

He still scored more goals then any other Chelsea player in 2018.  Even Willian in the form of his life didn't score as much.

Okay so hes scored 7 goals, how many against top teams? Arsenal via a penalty? The most crucial run in of our season has been from January to now with big games in the CL and PL and he simply hasn't delivered. Willian in the form of his life played better against bigger teams. Your getting quite jumpy telling other members to stfu think you should chill out a bit. Hes voicing an opinion, like I am. Stats you brought up were almost definitely against the smaller teams, fair enough, but the crucial matches where was he? Nowhere... same yesterday and I can't believe that many other people dont see this as well.

 

18 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
32 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:
4 goals 1 assist in january (7 games). 3 goals 2 assists in february (4 games). 7 goals and 3 assists in 2018.

7 goals in 19 games certainly isn't good enough for someone that's supposed to be amongst the best.

1 penalty v Arsenal and god knows how many invisible performances vs the other big teams we've played, Barca x2, City, United, Spurs, Arsenal... all since the start of January, also throw in his pitiful performances against Bournemouth and Watford too where he was completely anonymous (yes im aware he scored v Watford but). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mana said:

Anyway, how many goals did he score against a top 6 side this season?

...1. Against Arsenal. From a pen.

Willian scored way more than him this season against top 6. Even Alonso as well.

You forgot Morata. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.