Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard is far better than Bale, its not even close.

If hazard doesn't spend a lot of energy defending and stays upfront,(like he did against westham and tottenham 5-3) he'll be even more deadly and closer to goal to score/assist.

The only weakness to his game is throughpasses and making more runs when he's not with the ball and he's already getting better at the later

It's well worth noting that Bale took 156 shots in the league that season and 225 shots in total and for a total of 26 goals. These are unbelievable amount of shots that most strikers won't even dream of taken.

Hazard has taken 58 shots this season and 68 in total. He took 91 shots in total last season. It's simple common sense that if a player takes more shots, he'll generaly speaking, score more goals. For instance, in Hazard's last season in Lille, he took 121 shots and scored 22 goals in total. Maybe he needs to average more than 2.1 shots per game, but it's also worth noting that he's more of a playmaker first and foremost.

Hazard can't be expected to be the ball carrier and then be averaging 200 + shots a season like Bale, Messi and Ronaldo do. If Hazard starts averaging that many shots, he won't be as effective in the other things he does. That's why I suggested he's moved to the centre, closer to goal, where he can have more shots and less tracking back.

He'll score 5 to maybe 10 more goals a season, but will that make him a better player, us a better team and is it really worth it? At the end of the day, you can't eat your cake and have it to. If some of you can't see that Hazard has become a top 5 player in world football this season, then that's too bad.

Its also interesting that while his 'on target shots percentage' is so high, his touches inside the box is off the charts AND he has a history in Lille for scoring/being a bit more selfish and thus scoring, now he tones that down. Ever since he got here.

I think he reaaaally WANTS to be the facilitator at a big club. Remember his leadership prototype: Zidane. I think that speaks for his views and also his path for his own idea on his development.

Mou seems to agree on this all, and he was right to say Eden had to be more dominant in games, and consistent. If you are not Ronaldo and Messi, develop the nice in which you thrive. I can see Mou moving him to a 'kinda' 10 more and more.

"De Bruyne is a great player. Mourinho decided to let him go and not play him. It was not my decision, even though I know very well that he could play at Chelsea because he has tremendous qualities," Hazard told L'Equipe.

Einstein has spoken!

"Chelsea would have been stronger if we kept De Bruyne, he is a great player," Hazard told L'Equipe. "But Mourinho decided to let him go and not play him.

"It was not my decision, even though I am certain that he could have thrived at Chelsea because he has tremendous qualities. Though I think at Chelsea you have more pressure than Wolfsburg.

"I would have loved to still play with him at Chelsea, but him getting first-team football is good for him - you can see what it's done for Thibaut Courtois. It's a shame he's gone but he'll surely have a successful career."

Whoops...

"Chelsea would have been stronger if we kept De Bruyne, he is a great player," Hazard told L'Equipe. "But Mourinho decided to let him go and not play him.

"It was not my decision, even though I am certain that he could have thrived at Chelsea because he has tremendous qualities. Though I think at Chelsea you have more pressure than Wolfsburg.

"I would have loved to still play with him at Chelsea, but him getting first-team football is good for him - you can see what it's done for Thibaut Courtois. It's a shame he's gone but he'll surely have a successful career."

Whoops...

God our Belgians can't shut up.. Courtois, Lukaku and Kevin have all said such stupid things to the press.

And the bullshit returns to this thread again. No surprise it was started by a Belgian. You guys don't deserve some of the players you have in your national team, with all due respect.

I seriously hope you are not talking about me since i didn't start this nonsense about comparing players and debating which player is better. And it's ironic and kind of typifying that you first call this tread bullshit and then go on to propegate the same nonsense with two posts of your own.

so once and for all:

ALL I SAID IS THE STATS SEEM TO SUGGEST HE SHOULD TAKE MORE RISK AS ALOT OF PEOPLE ALREADY NOTICED BY THEMSELVES AS WELL.

And this whole playmaking argument only goes so far. In the end, the object of the game is to win by scoring goals, so when you are in a situation one on one with a defender close to goals and a dribble+shot will have a higher % of succes of turning into a goal than an assist (remember that pass to Willian against West Ham) there is no reason to not go for it.

If anyone else has some real FACTS and DATA that prove me wrong i have no problem with that and would actually welcome it but don't just start rambling about your sentiments towards Hazard and use them as arguments

God our Belgians can't shut up.. Courtois, Lukaku and Kevin have all said such stupid things to the press.

It was a genuine answer by hazard. KDB was probably his closest friend so it must have hurt knowing he had the quality to be better than what we have but he didn't.

I'm waiting for the real translation, goal.com usually make headlines that makes people look like they're quarreling

It was a genuine answer by hazard. KDB was probably his closest friend so it must have hurt knowing he had the quality to be better than what we have but he didn't.

I'm waiting for the real translation, goal.com usually make headlines that makes people quarrel

I read the original article, it's not that bad tbh

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Hazard-il-ne-faut-pas-se-cacher/546174

Either way, he shouldn't comment the managers decision. It might sound innocent but Mourinho strongly dislikes it. He should just ignore these kind of questions.

I read the original article, it's not that bad tbh

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Hazard-il-ne-faut-pas-se-cacher/546174

Either way, he shouldn't comment the managers decision. It might sound innocent but Mourinho strongly dislikes it. He should just ignore these kind of questions.

I understand the media tries to make a big deal out of anything that can be misinterpreted but i really don't understand why chelsea fans fall for it.

There is litteraly nothing wrong in what he said, he didn't comment on anything, he stated facts about what happend.

'Mou decided to let him go and didn't play him, it wasn't my decision'. I mean, that is what happened or isn't it? That is just how things went. He didn't comment Mou was right or wrong in doing so, so nothing to see here

I understand the media tries to make a big deal out of anything that can be misinterpreted

That's exactly why he should not talk about the boss' decision. It's very easy to offend Mourinho. He has a huge ego, you never know what he finds inappropriate.

I'm not saying that what Eden said was stupid but media can make a big deal about statements like that and these kind of publicity is unwanted.

"De Bruyne is a great player. Mourinho decided to let him go and not play him. It was not my decision, even though I know very well that he could play at Chelsea because he has tremendous qualities," Hazard told L'Equipe. Einstein has spoken!

Like a boss!

Maybe we should offer Hazard a player-manager job?? :D

That's exactly why he should not talk about the boss' decision. It's very easy to offend Mourinho. He has a huge ego, you never know what he finds inappropriate. I'm not saying that what Eden said was stupid but media can make a big deal about statements like that and these kind of publicity is unwanted.

Jesus Christ, you talk like you're scared of Mourinho or something? What is he, or dictator now? Just chill out. Hazard can say whatever he wants. He was not even remotely offensive or inappropriate.

Offensive would be to say: "Mourinho is an absolute shit manager, the worst I ever had, I hope he goes off somewhere to die."

Instead he just said he thinks De Bruyne is a great player (something everyone knows by now) and it's a shame we don't have him at Chelsea anymore with the insane form he's in. Really, what on earth is wrong with that? Even Mourinho probably regrets not having De Bruyne on this form in his team anymore.

Finally, you have to know there's ANOTHER REASON why Hazard made this statement, and it actually has nothing to do with Chelsea. After the disappointing performance from Belgium against Wales, there was a lot of talk in Belgian media about how Hazard & De Bruyne can't play together because both want to be the main man of the team and they constantly try to outplay eachother.

So this was actually a very smart comment by Hazard to shut up the Belgian press by openly admiring his supposed rival KDB.

Jesus Christ, you talk like you're scared of Mourinho or something? What is he, or dictator now?

Why would I be scared of José? :D That's a pretty weird thing to say..

He is not a dictator but he is the one that decides on players future. De Bruyne was his little favourite when he returned and reportedly became unwanted because he talked too much.

Again, I'm not saying this statement was horrible but it was the kind of interview media can make a big deal of so Hazard(and other players) should be careful.

Finally, you have to know there's ANOTHER REASON why Hazard made this statement, and it actually has nothing to do with Chelsea. After the disappointing performance from Belgium against Wales, there was a lot of talk in Belgian media about how Hazard & De Bruyne can't play together because both want to be the main man of the team and they constantly try to outplay eachother.

So this was actually a very smart comment by Hazard to shut up the Belgian press by openly admiring his supposed rival KDB.

I hope they click sooner or later and play some outrageous stuff.

Well, it's pretty funny that Eden has to put talks to bed, that they can't play together since he's the one who underperforms. So maybe Eden is the one who team has to be build around ? (like it is attached to Kevin). Food for thoughts.

(Actually, they have to click, because they're that good at football that they have to start playing good football together)

Hazard needs better teammates in the attacking 3 positions behind the striker (looking at Willian and Oscar), world class or close to that. Same story as last season. One guy putting in super-human efforts, his teammates not on the same wavelength.

We must do everything within our power to sign Reus or Bale if we have any serious hopes of winning the CL in the near future.