Eden Hazard

the wes

I can't blame him for passing the ball to a wide open teammate, he was really good regardless. 1 goal, 3 big chances created.

Not to be pedantic but it's actually four big chances. :P

Costa's 1 on 1, Ramires hitting the post, Ramires header and Willian open goal chance.

I can't blame him for passing the ball to a wide open teammate, he was really good regardless. 1 goal, 3 big chances created.

4* actually. Might have been more.

Class above every outfield player on the pitch today BUT Mourinho should be fining him for not shooting there. 1v1 with the goalkeeper under zero pressure ffs.

This is why the criticism is lost in me. Hazard could have scored, Willian SHOULD have scored. Some of his critics are just bizarre, tbh. There's this enormous double standard how Hazard's performances are analyzed in contrast to his teammates.

Great performance. The run for the chance where Ramires hit the post was sensational, as was most of his play to be honest.

Class above every outfield player on the pitch today BUT Mourinho should be fining him for not shooting there. 1v1 with the goalkeeper under zero pressure ffs.

The probability of Willian scoring from that position in front of an open net was (in theory at least) too high for Hazard not to pass. It was the right decision IMO.

That was the moment of the game for me. How did he even do that? Such composure, balance and skill.

Really only Messi could have done that. And maybe Tevez as well, or maybe not. That close control thing is such an incredibly rare gift in football. And in addition to dribbling ability.

That was the moment of the game for me. How did he even do that? Such composure, balance and skill.

That's something that won't show up in stats. Hazard's the best thing to happen in Chelsea colours in a long, long time for me.

Completely agree. It was Messi-esque. Hazard was hugely unlucky not to get an assist tonight.

The first time in a long time that he was really fired up again. You can see it right away in his body language. Always showing for the ball, alot of movement of the ball, always willing to take people on. I haven't seen that since the first half of the season.

Don't get me wrong, during the winter period he has still been good, chipping in with assists and goals and all but he seemed fatigued and sluggish off the ball for alot of the time during that period.

I was expecting a strong finish to the season from him and i hope this has kicked it off for him

Top performance from the lad but for goodness sake Eden, just shoot next time rather than trying to pass to a teammate and walk the ball into the back of the net! :doh:

It's funny how Hazard has always said the need to score more and yet, he doesn't do that enough when he's presented with the chances. Always trying to set up someone else when he could have gone for himself. It's not like he's rubbish at finishing.

He had 4 shots vs West Ham which is more than any Chelsea player. Can he/should he shoot more, yes, but it's almost becoming a stick to continually beat him with. I don't think Mourinho has a problem with him as he currently is and that's all that matters.