Eden Hazard

the wes

Koke > Oscar

Griezmann > Willian

Tiago > Cesc (for the big games)

Hazard > Turan

Costa > Mandzukic

It's very close imo - neither set of players is much better than the other and like you say it's up to preference.

I agree with you, but you forgot that we have Matić :D

Just to add, Hazard's pass completion is actually HIGHER than Fabregas' this season. That's insane considering the position he plays, his style of play, and that of Fabregas as well. Hazard is averaging 87.6% pass completion rate. Fabregas is averaging 86.9% pass completion rate. For context, Oscar is averaging 83.3% pass completion rate which is the worst of any of our midfielders.

Let that sink in. The reason people like myself and Skipper criticize Oscar is that he's just not THAT good. If he ever reaches the current level of the likes of Matic, Hazard and Fabregas, then maybe we'll tend to look the other way more when he has a poor performance.

He's been missing some uncharacteristic passes - a clear sign imo he needs a rest ASAP.

I hope José doesn't make the same mistake he did last season and only gives him a rest when an injury forces him to.

I'd say play him against PSG next week and then only against Spurs in the COC final.

He's been missing some uncharacteristic passes - a clear sign imo he needs a rest ASAP.

I hope José doesn't make the same mistake he did last season and only gives him a rest when an injury forces him to.

I'd say play him against PSG next week and then only against Spurs in the COC final.

That's Mourinho's fault, tbh. I was crying for Hazard to be rested in December, and it never came. He also hardly ever gets hurt or suspended, so the temptation to play him every time is there, but it's bad management in my eyes.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/4311/Stages/9155/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015

That's Whoscored.com and you can see the amount of mins that all Premier league players have played this season with 2250 being the maximum amount of possible minutes after 25 games. All of the players that have managed that are Goalkeepers obviously and defenders. There are hardly any forward players that come close to that, and the few ones that do aren't playing in Europe.

Hazard has played 2211 of those mins. Add that to the amount of mins in the Champions league as well, and that's bordering on the careless from Jose, especially as this same player has gotten injured twice now with us at the crucial stage of the last two seasons. It might cost us missing out on our objectives again if he gets injured, and Jose will have only himself to blame because Mourinho obviously knows about the excessive minutes he's played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_EKYN1LoMw

I read some comments from knowledgeable posters hear writing Hazard didn't release the ball quickly enough, but that's not true. It's that he's always looking for the best option. Just look at Remy's movement from 7:03-7:09. Hazard's intentions are obvious, Instead of attacking the space behind the defender and gambling for an easy tap-in, Remy is just strolling around like we're winning 5-0. No defender is anywhere near him. If that was Costa in the same position, that was would have been a certain goal. Most of the criticism Hazard gets sometimes is without foundation. Mostly because he's so good and people want a super-hero.

And also, 8:15 is also nice as well, as he takes Aaron Lennon's body and soul away from him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_EKYN1LoMw

I read some comments from knowledgeable posters hear writing Hazard didn't release the ball quickly enough, but that's not true. It's that he's always looking for the best option. Just look at Remy's movement from 7:03-7:09. Hazard's intentions are obvious, Instead of attacking the space behind the defender and gambling for an easy tap-in, Remy is just strolling around like we're winning 5-0. No defender is anywhere near him. If that was Costa in the same position, that was would have been a certain goal. Most of the criticism Hazard get's sometimes is without foundation. Mostly because he's so good and people want a super-hero.

And 8:15 is also nice as well, as he takes Aaron Lennon's body and soul away from him.

Exactly. Compared to costa, Remy looked a bit lazy in making runs and pressing after we lose possession.

Hazard was decent considering his role was different, more of a playmaker. The line-up seemed a bit experimental, with no real striker (Remy drifted away too much)... but not very balanced IMO. There was no one up front in crosses..

Hazard likes to play with a sitting player "anchoring" the midfield or the attack, like Fabregas, Costa or Drogba; and Willian/Cuadrado/Remy had too much of a free role... it seemed a bit loose sometimes.