Eden Hazard

the wes

He has been Real's LW for the majority of his time there.

His starting role is on the left but he plays in a free role and is even more advanced than Benzema most of the time. He's not a real winger. How difficult is that hard to understand?

Of the 1710 mins of Premier League football this season, Hazard has played 1671 mins. That's far too excessive for my liking. Looking at the list of PL midfielders and forwards on Whoscored.com, http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/4311/Stages/9155/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015, no other Champions League team has players in those positions that have accumulated so many minutes. The same is also true for Fabregas. We should have rotated both of them more, especially during the Christmas fixtures. I just hope they don't break down when we need them the most at the business end. It's happened to Hazard twice already.

Of the 1710 mins of Premier League football this season, Hazard has played 1671 mins. That's far too excessive for my liking. Looking at the list of PL midfielders and forwards on Whoscored.com, http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/4311/Stages/9155/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015, no other Champions League team has players in those positions that have accumulated so many minutes. The same is also true for Fabregas. We should have rotated both of them more, especially during the Christmas fixtures. I just hope they don't break down when we need them the most at the business end. It's happened to Hazard twice already.

He already did get some holiday when and after Derby match. Jose said that. So he will not burnt out sooner, imo. Also one last match before he will have another break, as I think he will not play against Watford.

His starting role is on the left but he plays in a free role and is even more advanced than Benzema most of the time. He's not a real winger. How difficult is that hard to understand?

He's a winger. Free role or not, that's his position. Nothing here to discuss!

I understood what he said, but his position is/was till recently LW. That's my point, and it's correct.

If that's your point then it sadly isn't relevant to the discussion. As the discussion is about goals and a player's role. CR7 has a very different role in the Real side then Hazard has, which makes for difficult comparison. So if you want to say that CR7 played LW, well okay, but what of it? Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump. I know that wasn't relevant but it is equally true.

And / if when he does eventually breakdown we will be told by many of our fellow supporters that he's just not as good as we think he is, he will never win this or that award, he isn't as good as so and so (who, conveniently, play far fewer minutes in less demanding leagues) etc. It's happened two years in a row already.

If that's your point then it sadly isn't relevant to the discussion. As the discussion is about goals and a player's role. CR7 has a very different role in the Real side then Hazard has, which makes for difficult comparison. So if you want to say that CR7 played LW, well okay, but what of it? Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump. I know that wasn't relevant but it is equally true.

If you look at how the discussion started, I was referring his time Utd first and foremost. ;)