Eden Hazard

the wes

Before people start blaming Hazard for the 2nd goal, please be fair and see where he lost the ball. It was in our own half almost. It was a very retreivable position but we failed to deal with it despite having so many bodies back. The entire midfield and defense were terrible there.

Hazard like many of our other players was trying to hard to force the issue after going a goal behind and got caught out. I won't crucify him for that at all. Instead, WHY we looked so clueless after going a goal behind is a much bigger problem.

Regardless of that, you can't deny he was awful today.

Regardless of that, you can't deny he was awful today.

I disagree completely. I thought given the circumstances, he was clearly the brightest spark in attack. Many dangerous balls that others failed to capitalize on and was the only one who looked a threat with the ball, especially in the opening 20 mins of either half. Predictably had less influence when we went a goal down and started to play so incoherently.

apart from first 30min was really poor....

If Hazard was poor in this game, I shudder to know the adjective that can be used to describe the non-performances of Costa, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Oscar and Willian.

Hazard can't be a super hero when we play like that. It's not even a situation where you can say, "give us a special moment" That's how bad we were. The clear negative was that he lost the ball a little bit too much, but the ref was ignoring a lot of clear fouls today.

If Hazard was poor in this game, I shudder to know the adjective that can be used to describe the non-performances of Costa, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Oscar and Willian.

Hazard can't be a super hero when we play like that. It's not even a situation where you can say, "give us a special moment" That's how bad we were. The clear negative was that he lost the ball a little bit too much, but the ref was ignoring a lot of clear fouls today.

Him-Luis on the left for the next match please.

I disagree completely. I thought given the circumstances, he was clearly the brightest spark in attack. Many dangerous balls that others failed to capitalize on and was the only one who looked a threat with the ball, especially in the opening 20 mins of either half. Predictably had less influence when we went a goal down and started to play so incoherently.

The fact that he was the brightest spark in attack doesn't mean that he played well. I missed the first 20 minutes of the game so I genuinely wasn't impressed with what I saw knowing that he can give us a lot more than that. I'm just very disappointed because he hid during crunch time.

Hazard was poor in the second half, but he is obviously exhausted. In almost every game up to (and including) the game against Maribor away, Hazard was beating men for fun and playing with real drive. In terms of raw stats per game he's actually been slightly more productive since then, but has been half the player in terms of general performance. He's lost some of that incredible acceleration and can no longer go past players with the same ease.

Mourinho has insisted not only upon starting Hazard in almost every game possible, but also upon making him play the full 90. Why? So he can 'stat pad'? There have been more than a few games in which we have entered the final 20 mins with a commanding lead/performance; Mourinho simply has to haul him off in these situations and trust the other players to see the game out, but never does. The result? Hazard's performance level is dropping just as we are entering the most congested part of our fixture list.

Please rotate more, Jose. You have a very good, balanced squad; use it.

Hazard is not meant to be a player like rambo, willian or oscar.

His body is meant for short speed bursts and brilliant dribbling ability and hold up play. Jose is asking him to do something that will not last long term with hazard.

Guys like hazard, cr7, messi are not to be stamina guys where they can run the length of the field and play both ways and be effective.

Messi did it short term, but definitely not after the Pep era. I find it difficult to believe hazard will as well long term.

Hazard is not meant to be a player like rambo, willian or oscar.

His body is meant for short speed bursts and brilliant dribbling ability and hold up play. Jose is asking him to do something that will not last long term with hazard.

Guys like hazard, cr7, messi are not to be stamina guys where they can run the length of the field and play both ways and be effective.

Messi did it short term, but definitely not after the Pep era. I find it difficult to believe hazard will as well long term.

Definitely agree.

That's why I think Hazard 'disappears' sometimes. Because he doesn't have the stamina to do short-speed bursts when he's running around the whole game. The burden on him continues to grow as well because as more and more teams start to sit deep in numbers, the team will look to Hazard to do it himself.

Excellent (in spells) for 70 minutes, completely invisible for the important last 20. I have absolutely no idea why.

I think it had to do with Drogba coming on. We started hitting long balls into the box rather then play it around and look for an opening.

Fatigue probably had something to with it aswell.

I think it had to do with Drogba coming on. We started hitting long balls into the box rather then play it around and look for an opening.

Fatigue probably had something to with it aswell.

Yeah, Jose said after the match that when Newcastle scored the second he instructed the players to play direct balls. But still, there were a couple of situation where he had a 1vs1 and I was screaming at my TV "take him on" and he just passed back to Luis to cross it in. Probably fatigue, as you said.

Definitely agree.

That's why I think Hazard 'disappears' sometimes. Because he doesn't have the stamina to do short-speed bursts when he's running around the whole game. The burden on him continues to grow as well because as more and more teams start to sit deep in numbers, the team will look to Hazard to do it himself.

This is why I find it hard to believe that Jose and hazard will be a match made in heaven long term....

One will leave. Question is who.

i dont blame guys like cr7, messi, ozil, mata or hazard if they dont have good engines because they are not meant to be that type of player.

Plus it's not only physical fatigue, but also mental because when you try to score or create chances and the goals aren't coming frustration comes into the game and can affect your decisions, and that's not only true for Eden but for all the players.

He (and the others) needs to be more ruthless when we have control. More goal hungry and more efficient in the box. Why did we threw away our great first ~20 minutes of possession like that, i'm never going to understand. It was looking great, he and Willian in particular were looking great and i saw and said to myself that i was sure we were going to score soon.

Hazard did play all the games with Lille and he seemed fine with it. But Rudi Garcia subbed him quite often around the 80th minute when the lead was confortable and the match practically won.
Also, he didn't have as exhausting defensive duties as he has with Chelsea. By the way he has improved in that aspect in a way I would never think possible before, he's less reluctant to put the foot in and steal more and more balls from the opponent's feet. That's very good, but it has to have an impact on his offensive play, especially at the end of the match when he's more tired.
I also hope Mourinho either rotates him more (Schurrle, Rémy, Salah can also do the job) either frees him of some of his current defensive duties. He has not the stamina and i doubt he will, to do what Mourinho asks of him, 90 minutes week in week out, without any drops throughout the whole season.