Eden Hazard

the wes

Marc Wilmots: "that rabona annoyed me"

Belgium coach Marc Wilmots has voiced his frustration with Eden Hazard following his failed rabona cross in the goalless draw with Wales on Sunday evening.

The Chelsea attacker was voted man of the match in the Euro 2016 qualifier but his decision to over complicate in the final third in the second half, with Christian Benteke waiting inside the box, angered his coach.

"That rabona annoyed me," Wilmots told HLN. "We have to try and be more efficient.

"Of course, if he had found Benteke's head with it, everybody would have have been happy. And that he does things like this is also one of his strengths.

"But every second counts in games like this with the national team. You have to be efficient."

Belgium sit fourth in Group B with five points from three games, four points behind leaders Cyprus.

Also Wilmots has to sorted his tactic and strategy first, which is not working good so far, before blaming someone else. They will facing stronger opponents away, in the future. Not that because of one rabona, they lose the points. Everybody expect Belgium to have a comfortable victory over Wales. When you failed to do that, there is something wrong with your preparation.

I love Hazard, but Wilmots was right.

It was 0-0 in the second half, and he was almost at the backline. It wasn't the time or place to try that stuff. He couldn't aim it and it failed miserably.

It was not smart at all. He should have gone for the normal cross.

Mourinho would have been more pissed than Wilmots.

It failed because the ball bounced slightly up right before he hit it. If he pulled it off like he did against Fulham, QPR, PSG etc. everyone would be raving about it.

That's not the point at all. He shouldn't have tried at that moment.

(And he could have never curved it the way it should have if he'd given a normal cross)

That's not the point at all. He shouldn't have tried at that moment.

(And he could have never curved it the way it should have if he'd given a normal cross)

Hazard has been doing rabonas all his life, it's a natural move to him not some kind of experiment. It was never going to be an easy cross and he felt more comfortable doing a rabona rather than using his weak foot but an erratic ball movement ruined it, I really don't see what the fuss is about. There were plenty more of garbage crosses that game, the majority of them a lot easier than this one but people don't talk about those because they didn't involve a move they aren't familiar with.

I'm still thinking that rabona was not a decisive one. Origi not for certain will score anyway. If he did that, at least three times in three important occasions in that match and all failed, then I could understand Wilmots fury. If Wilmots think because of that one rabona, it cost them, then he should analyzed it, how his team failed to create better chances and could finish it better in over 90 minutes.

If he thinking that Hazard didn't play good, then he just have to said it. What I saw Hazard has been brilliant yesterday, hence he got the MOTM award. It is ridiculous to blame that rabona, after how brilliant Hazard was yesterday imo.