Eden Hazard

the wes

you're ruining the reputation French members have in this forum. Always thoughtful, smart, insightful, they're deeply missed when they are inactive, but you aren't doing us any favors.

The last pages of this thread make me want to vomit. If you guys don't think Hazard is great, that he still has a very high ceiling and that he's going to be one of football biggest star, there are always pages to post bollocks on Arsenal Mania, Blue Moon, Red Cafe, RAWK, etc... they'll be happy to have you.

These sites generally tend to have contributors with very intelligent output to contribute. I guess it's because they have a stricter registration process and have more actual FANS than gloryhunters. You'll never see that kind of shit posted on a Red Cafe or a RAWK.

Have you ever heard of argumentation ? It roughly means providing logical reasoning and material evidences to support your claim/opinion.

You should try it, it's very useful to communicate with people, so that they can see what you mean, maybe even agree with you. Because even if someone's agree with any opinion without hearing any arguments before, then he's a fool who rely on other's fragile and so faillible opinions to build an even more fragile and faillible one.

Logical conclusion, if you never give proper arguments to your statements, you will soon be surrounded by fools, they're the only one who will be willing to speak with you. Then again, if you are a fool yourself, where is the problem right ? Problem is, if, being a fool, you are surrounded by fools, your situation has no chance to get better. But if you at least try to follow the footsteps of the scientific method, maybe then you will catch the attention of less stupid people, and use them to climb the ladder, step by step. But for this you have to try.

Also don't get yourself trapped in the delusion that merely saying "he's 24 in january" is a proper argument. That's the thing with arguments, and their complexity : when you get down that road you have to be coherent with yourself up until the end. So when you are thinking of an argument to support your claims, what you are doing (or should do) simultaneously is considering all the counter-arguments that can weaken the first argument. And if there are too many of them, it means the first is too weak to be considered a proper argument, because it ultimately means nothing. It doesn't mean you should give up your opinion entirely (maybe it does), but that you have to search for stronger arguments that actually mean something.

In this case for example, it takes only 10 seconds of reflexion to think of dozens of counter-arguments to the one that claims that football players are doomed to stagnate past their 24.

So come back again when you actually have facts and reasons with you to support your claims please, until then your words will mean as much as emptiness.

Don't waste you time posting well thought out responses trying to reason with a guy who only posts one-liners. As far as we know, he might be a WUM or a troll trying to incite Chelsea fans and begging for attention.

Just look at his post history. Only one-liner crap. Most likely a wind-up merchant.

Saw this link that was posted in WAGNH. It's an article where Rene Meulensteen talks about what kind of training he made C Ronaldo do to improve his finishing.

Thought it was very interesting given the discussion people have been having about Eden's finishing.

Hope Mourinho's doing something similar with Hazard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/10272433/The-secrets-behind-the-development-of-Real-Madrids-Cristiano-Ronaldo-revealed-by-Rene-Meulensteen.html

That's my a concern of mine. I hope Mourinho and the coaching staff are actually drumming it into him that he should focus more on finishing drills. I hope they are demanding more and not just trying to improve the mental part of his game or the defensive part i.e tracking back. That won't improve Hazard's finishing. The focus right now has to be more on that above other stuff.

I'm sure a guy like Drogba will be more than happy to help Eden work on his finishing (which has been a problem for him throughout his career, not just this season).

Exactly.

Look at Drogba, he was bang average as a youngster, then by 30/31 he turned into one of the world's best strikers.

Drogba's finishing was also questionable when he joined us and he was a striker. In his prime, his finishing became brutal.

There are so many good football discussion platforms out there like Reddit soccer for instance.

Yep /r/soccer is excellent for news, links etc. Although they did brand all Chelsea fans Nazi worshipers last year after some trouble in Paris ahead of the CL game.

Exactly.

Look at Drogba, he was bang average as a youngster, then by 30/31 he turned into one of the world's best strikers.

Although statistics can be used to support the argument one way or the other, in the end the judgement that a player is one of the best in the world is a matter of opinion. With some players opinions are pretty much unanimous, but with others there's more room for debate. For me that is the situation with Drogba. Obviously he did some great things but this, in my view, is not the same as being great. Like Torres, Drogba had a couple of exceptional seasons but the rest of the time, when he wasn't poor, he did indeed verge on the average.

These sites generally tend to have contributors with very intelligent output to contribute. I guess it's because they have a stricter registration process and have more actual FANS than gloryhunters. You'll never see that kind of shit posted on a Red Cafe or a RAWK.

I actually only meant that there they may downgrade our best player... after all they can be jealous. But I've seen more praise towards Hazard from rivals fans than some here.

I actually only meant that there they may downgrade our best player... after all they can be jealous. But I've seen more praise towards Hazard from rivals fans than some here.

redcafe is probably the most active forum in english or all of football...

Sunderland for some reason is really active as well....

RAWK is second...

Does anyone have a video which focuses more on Hazard's passing than his dribbling? I'm looking for stuff like this.

Don't forget about :

This a match compilation against Croatia. He had a good game and gave a number of great passes. If you're interested in passes you should check it out.

I don't think you're really going to find a video compiling all of his passes. They're usually just mixed in with videos focusing on his dribbling and goals/assists.

This video below focuses on his passing the first 3 minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0nDkpabOm0

Eden Hazard is a 'ghost' but I'd always have 'freak' Gareth Bale in my team, says Wales defender Neil Taylor

Exactly what Hazard need before the match, a little bit provocation